Can someone assist please

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Oletimer
Engineer
Engineer

Can someone assist please

Post by Oletimer »

Hi all, I apologise in advance in case these questions have been put before.

I have read all I can find, but to no avail.

I am a complete idiot when it comes to understanding codes and codings, I have tried to educate myself but maybe Old Dogs don't learn new tricks.

I would like to play LOCOMOTION without all the breakdowns and vehicle renewals - has anyone done the 'update' and made it downloadable as a game variant or update?

I have tried desperately to add this to my game but nothing seems to work and I am almost terrified at the thought of entering files and changing them - simply because I do not understand them.

I would love to enjoy Loco without all the breakdowns and constant renewals.

I am an retired engineer by trade and my poor old head can't get the hang of all the new technology.

Sincere best wishes, George
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

First, what do you mean exactly with "renewals"? The fact that vehicles become obsolete?

Oke, for the breakdowns there is a solution for sure. Go to http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net (sorry, its German and you have to register). When you have done that, go to Database -> Other Stuff. When you browse through that section you will see "LocoTool Wrapper". Download that. After you downloaded, open the .exe file. You will get a box just like you see on the screenshot. You can choose checking different boxes. That's oke I think.

You have to place the "Wrapper" in another map than your ObjDATA folder of Locomotion. After that copy the .DAT files you wish to have no breakdown (and no obsolete?) in the same folder. Open the Wrappertool and select all .DAT files. Drop them in the Wrappertool. Copy the files that are placed in the new folder "no_breakdown_no_obsolete" to your ObjDATA folder. If I were you I would make a backup of the original files.

Hope this helped.
Oletimer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oletimer »

Thank you so much for your reply.

By 'renewals' I mean = after 8yrs a vehicle must be renewed or its reliability becomes useless - I want to avoid renewing vehicles, its a pain in the head.

I understand about the download of wrappertool - its the next bit thats so complicated and hard for me to follow.

What do you mean = 'You have to place the "Wrapper" in another map than your ObjDATA folder of Locomotion'.

(Please explain - All this may be crystal clear to you but its like pea soup to me)

Sincerely George
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Well, make a new map for example on your desktop. Then download the file, and doubleclick on the "Setup". For the installation, choose the map you just made. Install.

After that, copy the files of your Locomotion\ObjData folder into that same new map. Doubleclick on the "lt_wrapper" in that folder.

You get a "pop-up". Click on the line "Generate no breakdowns DAT file". After that select all files and drag and drop them in the "lt_wrapper" you opened before. The application will be busy for some time.

When its finished, open the new created map "no_breakdown" and select the files. Copy them to your ObjData folder in your Locomotion map. You're done then.

When you still don't understand, maybe an English guy can help. I am Dutch, so its not my default language.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

By map he means another folder :wink:
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Oletimer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oletimer »

LocArny, thank you for taking the time to explain it for me, I am truly grateful. If we were discussing Mechanical Engineering I would be in my element :)
I will attempt to follow your instructions. I will post my results as and when.
Sincerely George
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Oletimer look here under Wrapper tool 0.15:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=353780#353780
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Oletimer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oletimer »

Thank you, I am SLOWLY seeing the light (although its very dim at the moment)
I will wade thru the mud, maybe it will become clear oneday - i can only hope
Sincerely George
n8train
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Can someone assist please

Post by n8train »

After downloading the wrappertool (no breakdowns), can you play your scenario (selfmade custom scenario) further? For Example: I'm playing a selfmade scenario (I'm already in the year 1980)

Do I have to start my scenario all over again?

TX
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

no, you do not have to start over.

you can keep playing, BUT.. you will have to sell the trains you have now and replace them with new "no breakdown" versions.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
mmarvelstrain
Director
Director

Post by mmarvelstrain »

n8train wrote:After downloading the wrappertool (no breakdowns), can you play your scenario (selfmade custom scenario) further? For Example: I'm playing a selfmade scenario (I'm already in the year 1980)

TX
gravedigger!
Locomotion is kool with a capital k TM
Look what I Made (Name That Plane)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=41042
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

mmarvelstrain wrote:
n8train wrote:After downloading the wrappertool (no breakdowns), can you play your scenario (selfmade custom scenario) further? For Example: I'm playing a selfmade scenario (I'm already in the year 1980)

TX
gravedigger!
I feel it would be more constructive if you actually told the person what they have done wrong in their post, which is n8train - you have dug up an old topic.

But, if you read the topic he has asked a question which is in context with the original post made by oletimer so personally I feel it shows that he has spent the time using the search function and came across this topic.

Also, the fact that you posted with just 1 word could be considered just as much spam as you thought his/her post was.

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Thank you MjD , that's exactly my opinion.

I think that some around here, are acting very rude to new members.
Don't forget we ALL were newbees at the past.

Welcome n8train and have fun with the game.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
n8train
Engineer
Engineer

Post by n8train »

Does the wrappertool also work with plastikman's US set?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Should work with every set...
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

If you just want the bog-standard stuff with no breakdowns, go to Locomotion Fanpage (in German) and type in "Keine Ersten" in search...

Thats if you just want to be lazy...

Also, you WILL need to back up your existing stuff if something happens! :D
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”