[RELEASE] Tatra Electric Railways v3.6

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

[RELEASE] Tatra Electric Railways v3.6

Post by strongbow »

This pack consists of the narrow-gauge trains running in the High Tatra mountain range in Slovakia, transporting mainly tourists. It should not be confused with the czech Tatra factory, which was named after the mountains and except for the geographical location, has nothing in common with these trains. Well, except the class 420.95 train, which actually was made by Tatra. :)

The modern days' trains are the swiss-built 405.95 rack train, and the swiss-based, slovak-built 425.95 class EMU. Just for fun, I'm including the swiss versions of these trains as well, see below for more info.

Version 1.5 brings the 49.0001 prototype train, built by Ringhoffer Prague, that was running in the mountains from 1930 till 1970. Currently being restored in the depot of the TEZ to run as a historical unit, you can have it already running in Locomotion now. It features my first try at separate bogies, which also seem to reduce clipping.

For version 2.0 I've modelled the 420.95 class EMU, which is being phased out nowadays and replaced by the modern 425.95 units. Also new is the mountain station, a completely scratch built station consisting of two parts (platform + building). I've tried to make it resemble its real life counterpart, the Stary Smokovec TEZ station as much as possible. For installation instructions, see the readme, for Lego-style building instructions, see the included station.png image.

2.1 brings an updated trackng.dat with diagonal track and wide curves, courtesy of barney_5uk.

In version 2.2 the class 420 always has the pantograph up in the direction of travel, as it does in reality too.

Version 2.5 includes improvements on the visual appearance and more details on the 420.95 and 49.0001 units. The 49.0001 has been added also in its original state in the green TEVD livery before reconstruction. The mountain station has been graphically updated and a new bonus winter variation added, with snow on the roofs. Unfortunately there is not enough free slots for both stations in the trackng.dat, so you'll have to choose between either the summer or winter station. :(

The 3.0 megaupdate adds the 49.0002 unit together with the its carriage Balm/u, Blm/U carriage for the 49.0001 unit, a company-coloured 420.95 unit in the retro style of Prague's T3R.PLF tram, 2 swiss GTWs - YSC and CJ, sound and fixed roof graphics on the 49.0001, the 49.0005 service unit for eye candy, fixed reverse code on the GTWs, optional trackng.dat with enabled earthbridge and last but not least, my first scenario.

3.1 brings a new way to build stations that temporarily overcomes the limit of building seven for each track type. A new track is used as a concrete base to build stations. In order to enable it, you must also select the construction worker vehicle in the scenario editor. This way, it's possible build both the snow and the standard version of the mountain station in one scenario. Try it out with the included map or incorporate it into yours. Basic instructions on how to build it are shown on the station.png image. Additionally, the 405.95 and Bhe4/8 units have corrected stats, rotating bogies and updated pantograph graphics. The original green 49.0001 unit and the Blm/u carriage have a new roof in proper colours and are available till 1954, when they are updated to the new red/cream colour scheme. All the stations buildings have updated graphics to reflect the lighting of the game and cast stronger shadows. And last, the 420.95 unit in the prototype colours of the 421.95 model is included as a bonus vehicle.

The update to 3.2 contains an advertising livery on the ASm Be 2/6, a white one for 1to1. Also included are two variations of the TEZ 425.95 - one without the silhouette of mountains on the middle part and one with Aquacity advertising on it. Most notably, all trains now have custom made sounds and you'll need to reenable them in the scenarios to have them work. The 49.0005 eye candy unit now becomes obsolete in 1991 as in real and I made the internal naming convention of all units a bit more coherent. Last but not least, the scenario has been reworked and split into two different ages - 1966 and 2004. They're both speed scenarios and you only have a couple of years to build the networks and reach the respective goals. Refer to the ingame description for more info.

Moved the GGB Bhe 4/8 to the Matterhorn pack in the 3.3 release. Added the YSC Be 2/6 EMU with advertising on the power unit in version 3.4 and the CEV Be 2/6 EMU in Goldenpass colours in 3.5.

Added the new 2013 livery of the 425.95 EMU in 3.6 along with some bonus trains - yellow 425.95 and retro 420.95.

Includes:

-TEZ Trains-

TEZ425.dat - TEZ 425.95 EMU (Stadler GTW 2/6)
TEZ425A.dat - TEZ 425.95 EMU (Stadler GTW 2/6) with Aquacity advertisment
TEZ425B.dat - TEZ 425.95 EMU (Stadler GTW 2/6) without mid part graphic
TEZ425N.dat - TEZ 425.95 EMU (Stadler GTW 2/6) new 2013 livery
TEZ420.dat - TEZ 420.95 EMU
TEZ405.dat - TEZ 405.95 rack EMU
TEZ4901.dat - TEZ 49.0001 EMU
TEZ4901O.dat - TEZ 49.0001 EMU (original)
TEZBLMU.dat - TEZ Blm/u Carriage
TEZBLMUO.dat - TEZ Blm/u Carriage (original)
TEZ4902.dat - TEZ 49.0002 EMU
TEZ4905.dat - TEZ 49.0005 Service Unit (no practical use)
TEZBALMU.dat - TEZ Balm/u Carriage

-Swiss Trains-

ASMBE26.dat - Aare-Seeland Mobil Be 2/6 EMU
ASMBE261.dat - Aare-Seeland Mobil Be 2/6 EMU (1to1)
CJBE26.dat - Chemins de fer du Jura Be 2/6 EMU
MVRBE26.dat - Montreux-Vevey-Riviera Be 2/6 EMU
CEVBE26.dat - Montreux-Vevey-Riviera Be 2/6 EMU (Goldenpass)
YSCBE26.dat - Yverdon-Ste.Croix Be 2/6 EMU
YSCBE26A.dat - Yverdon-Ste.Croix Be 2/6 EMU with mid part advertisment

-Bonus Trains-

CKDNG.dat - company-coloured version of the 420.95 EMU
TEZ420RE.dat - TEZ 420.95 EMU in Prague's T3R.PLF retro livery
TEZ420YL.dat - TEZ 420.95 EMU (421.95-style yellow)
TEZ425YL.dat - TEZ 425.95 EMU (421.95-style yellow)

-Sound-

SNDbell.dat - tram bell sound, required by original 49.0001
SNDGTW.dat - GTW electric start sound
SNDGTWD.dat - GTW diesel start sound, blank for now and acts as placeholder
SNDGTWH.dat - GTW horn

-Mountain Station-

trackbld.dat - building track (for the mountain stations)
CONSWORK.dat - construction worker (building track enabler vehicle)
TRSTATMP.dat - mountain platform
TRSTATMS.dat - mountain station building
TRSTATSS.dat - mountain station building (snow on the roofs)
without_earthslopes\trackng.dat - Locomotion dat for the narrow gauge track
with_earthslopes\trackng.dat - same, but with enabled earthslopes

-Scenario-

Vysoke Tatry 1966.SC5 - Tatra mountains scenario (skiing championship)
Vysoke Tatry 2004.SC5 - Tatra mountains scenario (rebuilding after storm)

Download: https://www.locomotiondepot.net/amitrains/strongbow

Attachments
version 1.0 trains ingame
version 1.0 trains ingame
tez1.0.png (31.13 KiB) Viewed 41641 times
version 2.5 new stuff
version 2.5 new stuff
tez2.5.png (37.58 KiB) Viewed 32069 times
Last edited by strongbow on 04 Apr 2015 22:05, edited 28 times in total.
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

off topic, sorry, but 425s are running on electricka (or what is the name of the electric railway to the tatra from Poprad), aren't they?

because there's a project in my town to rebuild the Veszprem-Alsoors-Balatonfured railway with modern trains, and the 425s are quite similar as the ones, which are in the project.

sorry for posting an off
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

wyctor wrote:off topic, sorry, but 425s are running on electricka (or what is the name of the electric railway to the tatra from Poprad), aren't they?
Well that's what this topic is about. :) Tatra Electric Railways.
because there's a project in my town to rebuild the Veszprem-Alsoors-Balatonfured railway with modern trains, and the 425s are quite similar as the ones, which are in the project.
Got any pics?
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

i haven't got any, cause this was my project, but i had sent it to the transporting ministry, and they've started working on it, but I haven't got any informations about the project, they said that it will be similar to the Tatra trains and railways (cause there's a high level between Veszprem and Alsoors, so that's why it is quite expensive)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Small WIP of the Stadler GTW 2/6 (class 425 on TEZ tracks).

Attachments
425 WIP
425 WIP
425_wip.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 42831 times
Last edited by strongbow on 09 Jul 2006 15:14, edited 3 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I dotn know if you are also in the mood of this GTW?
http://www.arriva.nl/page.php?id=927 There will be also a version with extra car.

Last edited by Illegal_Alien on 09 Jul 2006 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Sure, I might do it after I finish this one. Seems the only big difference (for Loco resolution anyway) is the rounded front. Is it diesel BTW?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Its a diesel, but maybe in the near future a electric version will be bought too.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

looks much like the FLIRT (SBB)... or the thing i created for someone.. don´t know the name right now. was also swiss..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote:looks much like the FLIRT (SBB)... or the thing i created for someone.. don´t know the name right now. was also swiss..
Yes, it's also from Stadler. They make GTW and Flirt and there's many versions and lots of similarities between them.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

8)

BTW, there's a little surprise coming this weekend (or maybe even sooner). And it's not red. :wink:
Attachments
GTW 2/6 render
GTW 2/6 render
00032.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 42550 times
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

wow.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

you were wrong about one thing, martin.. i`m not the roofmaster, YOU are :twisted: :D

looks very good.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote:you were wrong about one thing, martin.. i`m not the roofmaster, YOU are :twisted: :D

looks very good.
thank you. :) it was very hard to find roof pics of the GTW, in the end i went to the tatras myself and took pics. :wink:

bit OT, but why have you stopped your projects? :(
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

yeah i know, its very hard. sometimes impossible :twisted: i had so much trouble finding a way to get roof-pics for the variotram which is driving in my city. finally i found a CAD-made model and took just that. i think this vario needs a re-modeling.. it looks so ugly compared to the other trams available now.

to the OT..
too much hard work, to many details wanted, to much complaints about things not possible in loco, most time not enough data for modeling / changing XMLs, users who don´t read stickies, users who want and when it´s not done - they get ugly... and so many more things :roll: this is not the best way to get things ready, isn´t it? :wink:

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Seelenquell wrote: to the OT..
too much hard work, to many details wanted, to much complaints about things not possible in loco, most time not enough data for modeling / changing XMLs, users who don´t read stickies, users who want and when it´s not done - they get ugly... and so many more things :roll: this is not the best way to get things ready, isn´t it? :wink:
that's very true, although i take all that with a grain of salt. i do the trains for fun and because i want to play them in lomo. i only work on them a couple of hours per week, when i have time and feel like it, that's why my average is 1 train per month. :) but i do understand your view and hopefully after some time to breath out you'll find the inspiration to continue. having said that, i'm off to my newest hobby, play tennis. :wink:
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

So, I'm back with an ingame shot and a problem too. If anyone can help me out, I'd be very thankful. Here it goes:

//EDIT// Problem solved.

Anyway, I still have one more issue. Can anyone recommend me the optimal settings for field_0 and field_1 for this vehicle? It looks like this from the side:

So basically a bogey in the front, a bogey in the middle part and a bogey in the front of the mirrored back again. I'm clueless and the wagons are currently crashing into the middle engine part. :(
Attachments
425 ingame
425 ingame
425_ingame.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 42465 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I usualy dont edit those fields. (Dont know what they do)
But i dont know what keeps your train crashing. (You have got 2 sprites in the folder? You have said a lengt for the first sprite? and a lengt for the second? (The engine part?)

If so you doe at the vehicle part:

3 parts

1st sprite
2nd sprite
1st sprite reversed

and it should work.

Then at the middle of the engine (set effect position 128 (center)) and then the FXheigth on the top right to 14. And select the appropriate effect.

But isnt this train a bit large (lengtwise) for the narrow gauge?

Sorry if this is looking confusing :P
I think i know a lot more about the field then whats in the wiki; but i hate wiki`s...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Illegal_Alien wrote:I usualy dont edit those fields. (Dont know what they do)
But i dont know what keeps your train crashing. (You have got 2 sprites in the folder? You have said a lengt for the first sprite? and a lengt for the second? (The engine part?)

If so you doe at the vehicle part:

3 parts

1st sprite
2nd sprite
1st sprite reversed

and it should work.
That's what I have. It worked without steep slopes rendered and now it works again after the fix I describe below...
Then at the middle of the engine (set effect position 128 (center)) and then the FXheigth on the top right to 14. And select the appropriate effect.

Sorry if this is looking confusing :P
I think i know a lot more about the field then whats in the wiki; but i hate wiki`s...
Well, I looked into the narrow gauge stock from Loco and tried to examine the differencies to my XML. Basically, what I've found is that they had bit_4 set to 1 and bit_0 information was absent altogether. So I deleted the bit_0 line from both my sprites and it worked. Strange. Loco still does have some secrets for us, especially when we do non-standard vehicles. :?

Anyway, thank you for answering my post before I realized where the problem was. Do you maybe have an idea with the field_0 and field_1, how to set them? :?:
But isnt this train a bit large (lengtwise) for the narrow gauge?
Well the width/height is the same as Prague Metro and the length is about 75% shorter than of the metro. Seeing as I rescaled metros to 75% of their original length, I left this at 100%. I think it looks good and there's no big problems with clipping apart from the middle section. Which is of course due to the field_0 and field_1 settings...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Strange bit_0 isnt a realy special one.

bit_0 "1" = for engines / EMU/DMU`s etc
bit_0 "0" = for wagons etc

Hmm, field_0 i looked at the wiki, but didnt find anythig usefull :( so i realy dont know.

bit_4 is something with the rackrail if i am correct.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”