Holidays!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Holidays!

Post by orudge »

I will be away in the USA for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow, and then away for a month in Brazil in July. I'll also be spending a week in Rome at the end of August. When I'm away, I may not have access to the Internet (should do in the US, probably not regular access in Brazil), so you'll have to make do without me for a while! I'll try to check in every now and then to see that everything's alright, although probably won't post (maybe a post or two under my roaming user). While I'm away, Patchman will be taking on admin responsibilities should anything need doing.

See you in a few weeks! :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

*spits on a hanky and wipes owen's face with it* Behave yourself!

And don't get too drunk!

[/mother worrying before leaving]
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Have fun Owen. Cya afterwards! Be sure to take pictures :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Oh, I will, I wiped my camera today in preparation. ;)
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Dave Worley wrote:[/mother worrying before leaving]
Don't forget clean underwear too!!! :P

Have fun! :wink:
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Bon Voyage!
Have fun and come back to us :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Enjoy your Holidays :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Now we finally know where all the donations went. :twisted:

Have fun around the world and come back safe and in one piece.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Have fun while you´re away. Don´t worry about us. Patchman seems like a guy to trust :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Welcome back Owen (by the time you read this, you'll be back :lol: )
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Are you sure he won't read it while in .us, .br, or .it? :p
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Have phun Owen.
Dave Worley wrote:[/mother worrying before leaving]
And don't forget to bring clean socks.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Have nice trip! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
andy_blah
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andy_blah »

Have wonerfull times and eventually you could come to Sighisoara, its a very nice medieval town in Romania (where i live :P )
Join us today at Sunshine Team ORG.
orudge_roaming
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by orudge_roaming »

All is good so far. :)
Owen Rudge (roaming admin account)
http://www.tt-forums.net/
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Great! But that´s not your real account, so it doesn´t count :twisted:

Have a nice time :)
My Scenarios:
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Enjoying our americaness? Oh ya you gotta head up north and visit canada. You'll have to come to Ottawa and go on a tour of Parliament or atlest go to Toronto and see the CLRVs and ALRVs. Trust me, YOU'LL LOVE THEM!!!

Yeah I say Toronto is a must go to. Plus your close since your in the USA.

If you do go to Toronto besure to also ride the subways. They make cool accerating noises and cool breaking noises. You won't be disappointed. Plus you can go up the Worlds Tallest Building, The CN Tower. Right underneath the CN Tower is a Streetcar Subway so it's pretty nice in Toronto.

The ALRVs run on the 511 and the 501. The rest of the routes run CLRVs. But the ALRVs give the smoothest ride. The frequencys on the 501 and 511 are every 4 minutes on a weekday 2 minutes in rush hour. The frequencys on the rest of the routes are every 2 minutes on weekdays and 1 minute in rush hour.

The 510 runs every 15 seconds on a rush hour. Every minute on a weekday. It's the route that runs in the streetcar subway under the CN Tower.

For a map on the TTC System just ask anyone at the ticket booths at the turn styles. They are free maps.

They also come in 10 diffent languages. Which is amazing considering English and French is the major languages in Canada.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you do happen to make your way to Canada let alone Ottawa, besure to ride our Transitway. Going on it you can go from Downtown to the suburbs without seeing 1 single traffic light.

Also the 90's are the transitway routes that stay on it except near the end of there routes. (95,96,97) The 95 in my opinion is a must advoid. It's almost always crowded. The 97 goes to the airport and the 96 goes no where major.

Also the O-Train is also another thing you SHOULD RIDE!!! Because it might not be around soon. Also the vehicles will be fimilair to you since they are from Europe.

You'll love our Inveros which is quite popular to find around Ottawa as they are almost everywhere now. First they look nice and they got a cool rear door.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well these are just guides if you ever do make it up here. Toronto I would highly recommend and Ottawa would just be cool.

Trust me if you do go to Toronto you'll love the streetcars. Thank god SQ made them already for Locomotion. Your lucky because when I went I had to request them and lucky it was made.

Now my guide for Toronto is from a Tourist Perspective (mine) since it ain't my home town.

But the guide for Ottawa I tryed to make it from as much of a Tourist Perspective as possible. It's sort of hard since it is your home town.

So yeah don't just visit American, visit Canada too since your so close you should. Also you should see CLRVs in motion for your self before there gone since there trying to find a replacement right now. So hurry before it's too late. :?

Bon Voyage!
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Hope you're having fun out there Owen. :)

Make sure you come back in one piece, we need our SROTU!
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Take photos of yourself so I can draw things on them, then take pictures of cats. :mrgreen:
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

how does that fit in? Why pics of cats? :P
My Scenarios:

Return to “News”