traffic giant

Talk about a game by JoWooD Productions, Transport Giant.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

traffic giant

Post by andel »

does anyone have a full copy they can send me a file from the cd?

please pm me. i beg of you!
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Aww dang, I had the game once but I lost it. I installed the demo afterwards but don't have it installed now. :( Sorry for my uselessness atm. :wink: :?
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

its ok.... I've got the original CD but i want to sort out this one file....
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

Just so people know, this has been sorted out (I have a copy of the game and sent it to andel)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm... what does a post of Traffic Giant do in the forum of Transport Giant?

Anyways, Traffic Giant is a damn fine game, do more people here know it?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Yes i have it (plus addon), i hope they make a second edition of it.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What addon?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I used to hae it, but i lost it :(
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
CmdKewin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CmdKewin »

Purno wrote:What addon?

Traffic Giant - New Scenarios
"I'm an engineer!"
http://www.cmdkewin.net/ (Out of Order)

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm... so it actually only includes new scenarios? That's all?
Image Image
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

there is a German site where you can get hundreds (well maybe a few dozen) of new maps for traffic giant. Not a lot off people liked it, but I don't really understand why. The only problem I had was the fact that you could only have 4 lines per bus/tram stop :).

/edit:
Ah found the link back: http://www.verkehrsgigant.info/ there are some very fine scenarios over there to download.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

broodje wrote:The only problem I had was the fact that you could only have 4 lines per bus/tram stop :).
Yeah, but I recently discovered peeps will transfer at bus stops if they're nearby. So you can build a few bustops right behind each other and let all lines only stop at one of those.
/edit:
Ah found the link back: http://www.verkehrsgigant.info/ there are some very fine scenarios over there to download.
Thanks, but does this also work for the English version of Traffic Giant?
Image Image
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have the dutch version of TG, its a good game i play it A LOT. Looking forward to more features and a new release indeed. It appears there is even an editor! Sounds great!
f1iceman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: traffic giant

Post by f1iceman »

Love this game to, only problem is the bugs in it. It always seemed to crash after a while :(
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

It's difficult to play it beacuse of some bugs in the interface.

If only there were something like TTDPatch fo it...
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
phantom25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phantom25 »

Actually, this game had 4 patches. 4-th patch made it playable first... If you do not have the 1.4. version, then download this patch for your language of the game. It will fix lots of original bugs, including stucking of vehicles (trams) and some of other unexplainable crashes.

And still, much bugs are left, you are right.

Since the support for this game is long time suspended and only a few people are actually interested in making a patch, it is very unlikely that this will happen. Also, this game has great problems with Windows past Win 9x, since it uses some non-standard "dirty" methods in the game code.

The graphic for this game was phenomenal at the time it got out.

Btw., at: http://phantomweb.tripod.com/verkehrsgigant/index.htm I placed some tutorials and a tool for moding the game...

As a computer programer I have been thinking myself to make an open-source clone of it for a while (i.e. like OpenTTD), which would use original graphic, and make self-made graphics possible, of course...
Anyway, the life duties did not allow this (as of yet), but still, since I loved this game, still thinking about it... Since have once observed the code for educational purposes, I have already identified many problems and have written quite a few tutorials on the game matters (some published on: http://www.verkehrsgigant.info and on http://forum.jowood.com, most of them in both English and German)
That is still not all ...
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Is there any news about an sequence for TG? A year ago there where some rumors about TG2.
phantom25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phantom25 »

Unfortanelly, this are just roumors (for now).

Jowood bankrupted a while ago, and all the original developers are gone.
There is currently, like it seems, no one who would have programmed original TG, available.

So, either some other Studio would need to do anything, or an open similar (probably better) clone (like OpenTTD) is neccessary...
That is still not all ...
Jump
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jump »

phantom25 wrote:Actually, this game had 4 patches. 4-th patch made it playable first... If you do not have the 1.4. version, then download this patch for your language of the game. It will fix lots of original bugs, including stucking of vehicles (trams) and some of other unexplainable crashes.

And still, much bugs are left, you are right.

Since the support for this game is long time suspended and only a few people are actually interested in making a patch, it is very unlikely that this will happen. Also, this game has great problems with Windows past Win 9x, since it uses some non-standard "dirty" methods in the game code.

The graphic for this game was phenomenal at the time it got out.

Btw., at: http://phantomweb.tripod.com/verkehrsgigant/index.htm I placed some tutorials and a tool for moding the game...

As a computer programer I have been thinking myself to make an open-source clone of it for a while (i.e. like OpenTTD), which would use original graphic, and make self-made graphics possible, of course...
Anyway, the life duties did not allow this (as of yet), but still, since I loved this game, still thinking about it... Since have once observed the code for educational purposes, I have already identified many problems and have written quite a few tutorials on the game matters (some published on: http://www.verkehrsgigant.info and on http://forum.jowood.com, most of them in both English and German)

If it has a 1.4 patch, where can I download it?
coolyboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coolyboy »

It's hard to find, but I have a 'full' patches/mods archive on my server at home so here it is:

Right click save

A question back, does somebody know which ports are used for online play, can't find it anywhere (this forum is more active then the Jowood forum^:))

*Forgot to mention that the patch is for the English version of the game, which most people play I guess.

Return to “Transport Giant”