[WIP] The Trolleybus Project

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

What do you want for the next trolley?

Poll ended at 18 Jul 2006 21:45

Mercedes-Benz Citaro Trolley
39%
Ikarus 260T
17%
Ikarus 412T/435T
17%
VanHool AGG300T
17%
Fictional Trolleys :D
11%

Total votes: 18

wyctor
Director
Director

[WIP] The Trolleybus Project

Post by wyctor »

IKARUS 280T/260T, Ikarus 435T, Fictional Articulated Trolley Bus, ALRV / CLRV trolley, MAN NG272T and NL202T, E700 Trolley, Ganz-Solaris Trollino 12AC and the TrolleyBus Way are released.
--------------------------------

File list:

ik260t.dat - Ikarus 260T
nl202t.dat - MAN NL 202T
alrvtrol.dat - ALRV Trolley Bus
e700.dat - E700 Trolley Bus
clrvtrol.dat - CLRV Trolley Bus
eowroad1.dat - Electric Overhead Road (TrolleyBus Way)
trolcom.dat - Fictional Articulated Trolley Bus
sq_ikarus280T.dat - Ikarus 280T
ng272t.dat - MAN NG 272T
trackst.dat - Trolleybus way and Railway crossing is enabled
trollino.dat - Ganz-Solaris Trollino 12AC [REL: 9th July]
ikar435t.dat - Ikarus 435T [REL: 20th July]

Notes:
- There was a mistake in MAN NL202T, it didn't require the overhead wires, Martin1990 corrected it, you can download it below the trolley pack.zip (anyway, the trolleypack.zip contains the corrected file too.)

------------------------------------

[WIP]: Mercedes-Benz Citaro Trolley

------------------------------------

[PLAN]: ZIU-9
Attachments
ikar435t.dat
Ikarus 435T (you can find it in the trolleypack.zip too)
(115.43 KiB) Downloaded 1433 times
nl202t.dat
the corrected man nl202t
(67.39 KiB) Downloaded 1323 times
trolley pack.zip
includes the corrected MAN NL202T
(576.37 KiB) Downloaded 2229 times
Last edited by wyctor on 23 Aug 2006 17:39, edited 40 times in total.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

can you buy the wires for road? or create roads with wires?
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Electric roads

Post by G-TANK-G »

wyctor wrote:well, i tried a lot things to do that road, and I thought i've got the answer for the problem...
The roads are already have the overhead elec wires option, but there aren't any vehicles, which can use that option. I've modded combi tram to go on roadus2, and to require overhead elec wires. I load the game in, and I cannot buy the vehicle...Can somebody tell me, what's the matter?
maybe you should try a bus, and not a tram... maybe that would do it?
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

can you buy the wires for road? or create roads with wires?
no, i cannot. When you build tram tracks, there is a carton(a section in the upper side of the builder window) , where you can accept the electric wires. I need this carton, to make the roads electric, but this carton is missed. And the bus too...
maybe you should try a bus, and not a tram... maybe that would do it?
I had modded a bus from this tram, and I've modded this bus to a trolley bus, but it doesn't work.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

wyctor wrote: no, i cannot. When you build tram tracks, there is a carton(a section in the upper side of the builder window) , where you can accept the electric wires. I need this carton, to make the roads electric, but this carton is missed. And the bus too...
that´s the problem i think.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

yeah, i knew that this is the problem, but how can i fix it.. it is in the exe?
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

do you mean make a new cataglory for when buying a vehicle, for example, with the tracks, you hav two different cataglories, NG and standard G.

if so then maybe you should look at the track codes and trains, to see how they're coded to be in different cataglories.

that's what i do for coding anything really, take examples from other files.
wyctor
Director
Director

no

Post by wyctor »

no, it is in the same category, but it requires electric wires, for example, the standard gauge trains are in one category, but some of them requires electric overhead wires, and some of them not. Cm 2/2 tram doesn't require electric overhead wires and this is in the same category as the combi tram, which requires it.

i've attached my problem.
Attachments
problem.JPG
problem.JPG (161.57 KiB) Viewed 26887 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Road has to accepts the Catanary things and visa versa, you need to add this to the compatible list. (Just like a new bridge or station for railroads)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

some how i think that is another exe thing.

maybe you should try making it the same function as a tram track, but make it stand out when over roads...

to be honest i dont know what to do for you mate sorry... maybe someone else can but i cant... but i'll look into the .dat file anyway for you mate.. other than that, sorry :?

edit: you could try to pm me the electric road DAT file... so i could look into that too
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Road has to accepts the Catanary things and visa versa, you need to add this to the compatible list. (Just like a new bridge or station for railroads)
Roads accepts the catenary...If you see the xml of roadus2, there is the rdexcat1 as a trackmod.
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

G-TANK-G wrote: you could try to pm me the electric road DAT file... so i could look into that too
i haven't got electric road, because all roads are electric, but there aren't any vehicles which use that option, that's why i did comelec.dat, because if there aren't any vehicles, which use the option, it won't be displayed in the game, for example if you put out the rack rail vehicles from the narrow gauges, when you build the narrow gauge tracks, the rack rail won't be displayed.

Else

I did a strange thing. When I modded tram2.dat to run on roadus2, and forgot to change the type of the vehicle, the road icon appeared in the tram builder window, but the vehicle wasn't anywhere again...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

The vehicle has to be edited to to run on the new track
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

Illegal_Alien wrote:The vehicle has to be edited to run on the new track
There isn't any new track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! um...ok, i give up
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

see this link as this was discussed before..

wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

i've got a new plan...
I make a new road, which has got only electric wires, and it'll be compatible with all roads. Then, i'll mod a vehicle for this road, and I think it'll work..
let's start.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

wyctor wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:The vehicle has to be edited to run on the new track
There isn't any new track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! um...ok, i give up
If you want roads with catenary and vehicles who needs them then you need to edit those vehicles too.
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

well, it doesn't works, because the catenary graphics are in another order than roads... :? and i cannot do anything with the graphics, because it's not my business...
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

i think i'm mad...

What's the matter????

comelec is the vehicle, eowroad1 is the new track

can somebody tell me, why there are a lot of stripes, when I made the graphics transparent?
Attachments
eowroad1.dat
(129.88 KiB) Downloaded 950 times
comelec.dat
(96.67 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

when the other thread was started about making electric busses i made a quick WIP. i have not looked at your code yet, but mine is works the only issue is i have a stripe on my road so i know where i placed the things, especially on curves it gets confusing. once andel said he was working on it, i tossed my wip asside.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”