Object File 77Q or 770. Guess it is a BR Class 77 DC Loco

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Object File 77Q or 770. Guess it is a BR Class 77 DC Loco

Post by hongjian »

On the latest update for Network South East Scenario by Busman that is free of mods, I have encountered a problem and still unable to load the scenario.

The game reported a missing object file called 77Q or 770 in which I have no idea what that is as the search engine on the forum returned no reference of that.

Could anyone assist please? Thank you.
Last edited by hongjian on 01 Apr 2006 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

My only guess what 77Q or 770 is might be the BR Class 77 DC locomotive, used in Woodhead line and Liverpool Street-Shenfield Line where the electrification was at DC 1.5kV overhead.

Anyone have any idea regarding please? Thank you.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Well, it must be a mod, cos i dont have anything like it in my objdata folder :?
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

Well, yes, I agree it might be a mod that only Busman himself had unfortunately as I had searched both this forum and Locomotion Fanpage but found nothing with that name.

I am looking forward to use the BR set v4 for the Network South East Scenario as lots of trains is created for this scenario but the missing Class 77 file put a stop to it.

I had emailed Busman to specifically request for the file to be made available to all but he had so far not replied to my request.
Last edited by hongjian on 02 Apr 2006 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

hongjian wrote:
I had emailed Busman to specifically request for the file to be made available to all but he had so far not replied to my request.
he said he is gone for week(s) at a time, i am sure he will fix it asap. i have been meaning to download his other maps myself.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

I agree, we have to wait till Busman returns. He must be away from home on his driving duties hence the non response of my request.

The BR Class 77 should be included in future updates to the BR pack, it is part of the history of BR electrification. They are the first electric locomotive being built and operate in Britain. Any opinion regarding?
sarahagain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sarahagain »

hongjian wrote: The BR Class 77 should be included in future updates to the BR pack, it is part of the history of BR electrification. They are the first electric locomotive being built and operate in Britain. Any opinion regarding?
Very dangerous thing, saying something was the "first", "biggest" ,etc.

There is always someone that will disagree! :wink:

IF I remember correctly, the prototype Woodhead route (Bo Bo) electric loco was built just before WW 2 by the London & North Eastern Railway. It was tested on the Netherlands Railways (Holland), and lent to the dutch after the war. It was then tested on the suburban lines out of Liverpool Street (? can't remember...to Shenfield.) The class 76 (Bo Bo)(Mainly for freight, but actually Mixed traffic) came next. They did sterling service on the heavy coal trains, sometimes double headed later, until the line was killed off! The class 77 (Co Co) locos were built for the express passenger services (Manchester-Sheffield). They were sold to the Netherlands Railways when BR in it's wisdom(?) closed the Woodhead route to passengers. Named after ancient gods, etc. i.e "Minerva".

The North Eastern Railway was planning to electrify it's main line before WW 1! They built a prototype Express electric loco (No. 1), but, except for testing on a frieght line (Yes, the NER had overhead Freight locos before 1923!), it was never used. I think it is in York Museum now.

So, no, not the first locos, but the Woodhead Line was probably the first MAIN LINE electrification which was designed to totally eliminate "other" locomotive propulsion.

I do hope this is of interest! :lol:
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

sarahagain wrote:
hongjian wrote: The BR Class 77 should be included in future updates to the BR pack, it is part of the history of BR electrification. They are the first electric locomotive being built and operate in Britain. Any opinion regarding?
Very dangerous thing, saying something was the "first", "biggest" ,etc.

There is always someone that will disagree! :wink:

IF I remember correctly, the prototype Woodhead route (Bo Bo) electric loco was built just before WW 2 by the London & North Eastern Railway. It was tested on the Netherlands Railways (Holland), and lent to the dutch after the war. It was then tested on the suburban lines out of Liverpool Street (? can't remember...to Shenfield.) The class 76 (Bo Bo)(Mainly for freight, but actually Mixed traffic) came next. They did sterling service on the heavy coal trains, sometimes double headed later, until the line was killed off! The class 77 (Co Co) locos were built for the express passenger services (Manchester-Sheffield). They were sold to the Netherlands Railways when BR in it's wisdom(?) closed the Woodhead route to passengers. Named after ancient gods, etc. i.e "Minerva".

The North Eastern Railway was planning to electrify it's main line before WW 1! They built a prototype Express electric loco (No. 1), but, except for testing on a frieght line (Yes, the NER had overhead Freight locos before 1923!), it was never used. I think it is in York Museum now.

So, no, not the first locos, but the Woodhead Line was probably the first MAIN LINE electrification which was designed to totally eliminate "other" locomotive propulsion.

I do hope this is of interest! :lol:
:shock: crikes... BR set gives u trains, hours of fun and some history too ;)

Thank you Sarah :)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

I seem to remember there wasn't just one of the pre-EM1 electric engines, but a few, all the same class. Can't quite remember, have misplaced my Woodhead books.

Still, even if the EM1 wasn't the FIRST electric engine, in my opinion they still look the coolest! :p
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

arrrugh this scenraio is driving me to drink.
I thought I got all of the modds out of it, checked the trains I had in the sen aganist the basic brittish stuff in the game and came up with two different things (i thought they were basic stuff), anyway its two MK2 cars the driving cab, and the mailcar,and the warship. also the double stations were left in.

here is the scenario with them taken out. I hope this works.
Attachments
network southeast 1960a.rar
(231.46 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Last edited by busman on 03 Apr 2006 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

Thanks for the verifiation, Busman. I am looking forward to the scenario with the additional mods taken out as it has a great potential for the BR set v4.
Last edited by hongjian on 04 Apr 2006 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
sarahagain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Danger of going off topic!

Post by sarahagain »

Atlantis wrote:I seem to remember there wasn't just one of the pre-EM1 electric engines, but a few, all the same class. Can't quite remember, have misplaced my Woodhead books.

Still, even if the EM1 wasn't the FIRST electric engine, in my opinion they still look the coolest! :p
On a linked subject...does anyone else out there remember the chocolate "buttons" (But NOT Cadbury's) that were covered in tiny sugar sweets of lots of colours (like "Hundreds and Thousands", as supplied in Birds' trifle kits), and supplied in a plastic bag inside a cardboard box that was shaped and printed as a Woodhead Electric Loco, complete with two cardboard pantographs?

And if so, do you admit to playing with the boxes? :lol:
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

busman wrote:arrrugh this scenraio is driving me to drink.
I thought I got all of the modds out of it, checked the trains I had in the sen aganist the basic brittish stuff in the game and came up with two different things (i thought they were basic stuff), anyway its two MK2 cars the driving cab, and the mailcar,and the warship. also the double stations were left in.

here is the scenario with them taken out. I hope this works.
Thanks for the updated version and the link to the updated file, Busman. My Locomotion is still having difficulty opening the file. It keeps on asking for the 77Q or 770 object file despite the latest update tonight with file network southeast 1960a.sc5.

Hence would appreciate if this missing object file 770 or 77Q could be posted onto this topic please to save all trouble as I am unable to locate this file anywhere in the forum. Thank you.
Last edited by hongjian on 04 Apr 2006 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

unfourtanly I have no idea what 77Q or 77o is, I checked every thing in my obj data file and nothing matches
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

Thank you for your prompt response, Busman. We certainly have a big mystery here.

A way to get round the problem is by emailing a "clean" savegame file for Network SouthEast (i.e without any building, right at the start of game) to me and I will try to get around the 770/77Q mystery using the editor. What is your opinion regarding?

My email address can be found at the "email" button. Thank you

By the way, is your Locomotion patched to v1.76? Another possible reason might be this as I have not patched my locomotion to v1.76.
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

yup its patched.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

are you running "no breakdown" mod? i have had weird problems makeing scenerios with patched default stock. what i would sugest doing busman is to copy your lomo folders and re install lomo or find a virgin objdat folder and load up the scenario and see what happens.then once you are done drop your folders back inplace so you have your mods back.

i'll give it a shot real fast. see what error i get.

edit: ok i tried it i get missing: snd_cl42
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Quickshot14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quickshot14 »

heya

I don't know about 770 but the only 77Q i know of is the one i made and included in my highway & biways 2 scnerio. (witch can be found on steves locomotion site). Not sure if it's the same one unless we have a duplicate name file out there but i'd thought i'd let you know just in case anywayz.
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

Quickshot14 wrote:heya

I don't know about 770 but the only 77Q i know of is the one i made and included in my highway & biways 2 scnerio. (witch can be found on steves locomotion site). Not sure if it's the same one unless we have a duplicate name file out there but i'd thought i'd let you know just in case anywayz.
Thanks to Quickshot14, the mystery is solved. It is Quickshot14's 77Q file from highway & biways 2 scnerio that is missing that caused the error while loading Network South East scenario. I have just installed the 77Q file and tested the scenario. It works fine. The map looks promising and I am looking forward to building commuter rail lines out of London with the BR Pack.

Many thanks to Busman, MajorDuck, Plastikman, Sarah, Andel and Atlantis as well for their kind assistance regarding.
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

ok thanks guys for all the help and stuff, I going to reinstall lomo to clean up my objdata file, then I'll start working on some more scenarios, I have a few good ones in mind, mostly us stuff.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”