Windows me

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

annomynous
Engineer
Engineer

Windows me

Post by annomynous »

I cant get the patch to work on me, says it cant find the cd. How do i get it to work?
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

In the config file (ttdpatchw.cfg) go to the "cdpath" "switch" after "cdpath" type where your TTD is installed i.e. mine would say "C:\Evan's junk\transport tycoon deluxe"
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi annomynous, original name :P

It's all in the FAQ
http://www.ttdpatch.com/faq.html#faq-cd
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

Same over and over. Nobody reads today. Most the stuff is here (search) or the 10000 times mentioned manual. Oh well, maybe next time...if we lucky?!
Anyway, WELCOME. ?(
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

We should be reading??? Whoa!

Just kidding.

When i joined here, i had already read the manual and some of the FAQ. I assumed that everyone else here had done the same and had also been playing TTD for a while, but now my eyes open... :shock: and i can see that ppl look for the quick and easy option - asking someone else to do it for them...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

When I started to use patch, I printed the manual. Then, with new add-on's, I did printed again and again. I got my manual sitting on my desk, when I play the game, then I do have couple printed pages from other sites, like Mike Metcalf's strategy guide and others. This is a lot faster, then to log on and ask somebody and wait and wait if somebody answer. I do play mostly at night, this mean to wait whole day for answers. Reading will not kill anybody, at least I hope not. :wink:
Big Mad Tony
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Big Mad Tony »

Jan wrote:Reading will not kill anybody, at least I hope not. :wink:
It will if someone is holding up a placard and is asked to read it when at a firing squad... F... eye... ur... Fire! BLAM!
Person man, person man - hit on the head with a frying pan.
Tom Cumming
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Windows me

Post by Tom Cumming »

annomynous wrote:I cant get the patch to work on me, says it cant find the cd. How do i get it to work?
I got round this one by downloading a copy of TTD from http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/ , because the version on the site has been fiddled with so it does not need the CD present. And as you already have a CD, it is not illegal.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Tom Cumming wrote: I got round this one by downloading a copy of TTD from http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/ , because the version on the site has been fiddled with so it does not need the CD present. And as you already have a CD, it is not illegal.
However if you will have still this message about missing CD , posted in another topic what you must do ....
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Tom Cumming wrote:
annomynous wrote:I cant get the patch to work on me, says it cant find the cd. How do i get it to work?
I got round this one by downloading a copy of TTD from http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/ , because the version on the site has been fiddled with so it does not need the CD present. And as you already have a CD, it is not illegal.
Nice avatar - what class diesel???
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
darkkavenger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkkavenger »

Tom Cumming wrote:
I like yer avatar :) btw i never had to setup the directory on the path section of my ttdpatch.cfg
Aliens ate my railway
Tom Cumming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tom Cumming »

Raichase wrote:
Tom Cumming wrote:
Who me? That's a brush class 47 (or "Floss '47'", as TTD calls it), though that picture is carrying an obselete livery that they have not carried for years. They don't look much like that today.
Tom Cumming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tom Cumming »

SHADOW-XIII wrote: However if you will have still this message about missing CD , posted in another topic what you must do ....
Sorry, I don't know. Assuming you are trying to run the patch from the downloaded copy, not the version you've bought, that is. (Not wishing to be patronising :-) )

This is a weird one! :-/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Tom Cumming wrote:
Raichase wrote:
Tom Cumming wrote: I got round this one by downloading a copy of TTD from http://www.transporttycoon.co.uk/ , because the version on the site has been fiddled with so it does not need the CD present. And as you already have a CD, it is not illegal.
Who me? That's a brush class 47 (or "Floss '47'", as TTD calls it), though that picture is carrying an obselete livery that they have not carried for years. They don't look much like that today.
Thought so, i only have... a billion... of them running in my current game ;)
ImageImage

Return to “General TTDPatch”