[Request filled/Release] Container Trains (US)

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Request filled/Release] Container Trains (US)

Post by Plastikman »

<edit>After 345 downloads i am removing this item. there is an updated version in the US & Canadian set with more containers and boxcars. pick it up at AMI trains http://www.amitrains.co.uk/

Well, I got so busy totaly forgot about this request. http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=22684

I had the finnished cars sitting collecting dust untill i played the Game lastnight and remembered that i was going to release them. i never got around to exstensive beta testing. they seem to work well without clipping and scaled down to fit the tiny size of the stations in Loco.

I also tossed in a multi state boxcar for beta pourposes. It is a Great Northern Car with multi states for cargo. Clean/new for empty. Dirty and rusty for goods, and a shiny bright reefer for food. this box car is scaled closely to the boxcar inthe game already. It is an ugly car but it is a for beta pourposes.

Please let me know how well these work for you. comments or problems with the cars. I wanted to mostly know how it lines up with other rollingstock and engines both ingame and user created. (I have scaled and shifted these cars so much I am not sure if they are on center anymore.) I find a direct import looks good, but the scale is just not right for gameplay.

the rest of what i make might be based off these cars. as far as game scale.

Name: US TTX Goods Doublestack
Speed: 85 MPH.
Rel: N/A
Weight: 20
Design Year: 1985
Obsolete Year: none
Capacity and type of cargo: 35 goods. (I might bump this up since you have the same boxcar for 30 years)
Multistate: Yes

Name: US Goods 50' Boxcar
Speed: 85 MPH.
Rel: N/A
Weight: 511 total
Design Year: 1955
Obsolete Year: Removed for now
Capacity and type of cargo: 30 goods or food.
Multistate:Yes

The stats/payloads are not far from what the game gives you. I did not want to make the new cars unbalencing. just a facelift to the game, something more american to play with.
Attachments
TTX well double stacks and GN boxcar.
TTX well double stacks and GN boxcar.
TTXYARD.png (124.56 KiB) Viewed 23625 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 15 Mar 2006 14:33, edited 3 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

Thank you Plastikman :D . How did you get it so that the containers appear on the wagons depending on how fully loaded the train is with goods?
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

the same way its done with the coal/iron ore wagon, theres a bit setting to enable multiple states, and theres 5 sets of sprites for the wagon, empty, half coal, full coal, half ore, full ore; for each angle. the goods wagons plastikman is making would be simpler, as theres only 3 views, empty, half goods, full goods
<Singaporekid> Hah! I don't get quoted!
16:00 <RPharazon> ROBOBOY
16:00 <RPharazon> YOUR ISP SUCKS
16:01 * Quits: RPharazon (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

Official TT-Bandwagon Fan Club
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

marc___1 wrote:the same way its done with the coal/iron ore wagon, theres a bit setting to enable multiple states, and theres 5 sets of sprites for the wagon, empty, half coal, full coal, half ore, full ore; for each angle. the goods wagons plastikman is making would be simpler, as theres only 3 views, empty, half goods, full goods
Yup, You got that right marc. I made the boxcar Multistate also just for $h1t$ and grins. it is not really simpler or harder. ok, maybe it is if you are doing it by hand, I made a script to to build the multistate cars. you try to do all that by hand! I originaly wrote it for testing running gear then migrated it to hoppers and other car types.

Speaking of Coal Cars, You know i have a UP coal car from the correct era for Loco that would look really nice behind your bigboy in your signature there.... UGH! i want to do steam! would anyone be upset if the running gear didnt work on a steamengine? i have yet to get a way to make working runninggear.
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

the running gear on the bigboy doesnt work, it would need another 800 odd sprites, and i dont know how to get sprites from differnt parts of the stroke in MSTS2LOCO

i would like to see those coal wagons though

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hell, To see a steam engine with working running gear in Lomo.. I would eagerly take the images by hand. if we only had a way!
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

in vehicle creator (which i assume you're using), graphics tab;

where it has numdir, field 1, field 2 etc
the description of field 2 says that normal trains (not animated) use 1, and steam loco's with animated parts use 4 (im assuming this means 4 frames)
decompile one of the loco's with a tender, i picked baldwin1.dat
look at sprites 016-019, all the same angle with the wheels moved in each frame

so, for the big boy, we would have to make 4 sets of sprites for each animated part.
136 for each part of the stroke, x 4 = 544 sprites
x2 for the second part of it = 1088 sprites
+136 for the tender = 1224 sprites

bring it on :twisted:
(you draw and ill code :p)

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

LMAO! I knew that part. I ment the part where we get the sprites in the first place! i think we are getting off topic. how is the container car working for you? :?:
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

Plastikman wrote:Hell, To see a steam engine with working running gear in Lomo.. I would eagerly take the images by hand. if we only had a way!
but you said you'll draw by hand :p
we would need some way to move the wheels in the msts model before generating the sprites, for that i have no idea

i havent tried the cargo wagons yet, i think ill do that now

Chrill

Post by Chrill »

very nice indeed :) Great job once again Plastik ;)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

marc___1 wrote:
Plastikman wrote:Hell, To see a steam engine with working running gear in Lomo.. I would eagerly take the images by hand. if we only had a way!
we would need some way to move the wheels in the msts model before generating the sprites, for that i have no idea

The forfather of MSTS2lomo was capable of that ;)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Illegal_Alien wrote:
marc___1 wrote:

The forfather of MSTS2lomo was capable of that ;)
Does anyone have a copy of this?
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

i've noticed something in MSTS 2 Loco, at least the version im using, when viewing the train, rotate it to 0 or 180 degrees and drag the elevation slider back and forth, the model seems to tilt left/right rather than up/down, this is how the sprites come out of it aswell. i noticed it when i was looking at the container wagons on sloped curves

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

marc___1 wrote:i've noticed something in MSTS 2 Loco, at least the version im using, when viewing the train, rotate it to 0 or 180 degrees and drag the elevation slider back and forth, the model seems to tilt left/right rather than up/down, this is how the sprites come out of it aswell. i noticed it when i was looking at the container wagons on sloped curves
Yeah, thats a known bug with MSTS2Loco the camera angles are off slightly for the slopes that cause a "leaning effect" that is a lot better then the sandbox effect that the earlier versions had. it is exagerated by taller vehicals it looks like. bummer.
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=22834

shame i know very little about programming

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

ok has anyone actually used the box car?

how is it game scale?

should i continue to make stuff like this?
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

I have used the boxcar.

The game scale is fine.

please do continue.
:)
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

yeah! Please, release some more, what you do is great!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well, for example if a train is 21 meters long in real life, and you model it 21 units in the modelling program, you'd probably want it 30% smaller to make it fit with loco's scale.
Tsunaki
Engineer
Engineer

Unexpected end?

Post by Tsunaki »

I tried downloading this pack and when it opened in winRar, it said the file was corrupt and ended unexpectedly, could you repost is by chance?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”