[Released] Amtrak Pack w/NEC Done! VERSION 3.1.0 2/21/10

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tydev417 wrote:
Plastikman wrote:date for hhp-8?
The HHP-8 is right in between the Metroliner and the E44, and the list goes by the dates released. The HHP-8 was not released in the 70s like the Metroliner and E44 it just came out in 2000.
who knows' it was inserted into a save game with locomod.. it is just a wip shot anyways

Seelenquell- conversions ..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

metalangel wrote:*drools with glee at the GG-1, E-44 and E-60*
LoL remember the E-44 was a switcher for amtrak, it had no steam heat or HEP. the only time E-44's pulled passengers was when the snow shorted out the GG-1's, the PRR had the E-44's pull the GG-1 lead passenger train so the gg-1 could supply the steam for the coaches.

and umm no. i didnt make the GG-1 compatable with the E44. maybe i could. i dont think amtrak ever did that configuration.

I am not very happy with how the GG-1 looks right now. i might try and work on it a bit later. it is a bit short and if i go any longer. i run into clipping issues.

The pack is done. it has been tested a few times.I am just waiting on a responce for permission. and i need to wite the read me and give credit where credit is due.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

sweetness, good luck on the perm's
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Plastikman wrote:
metalangel wrote:*drools with glee at the GG-1, E-44 and E-60*
LoL remember the E-44 was a switcher for amtrak, it had no steam heat or HEP. the only time E-44's pulled passengers was when the snow shorted out the GG-1's, the PRR had the E-44's pull the GG-1 lead passenger train so the gg-1 could supply the steam for the coaches.
I fully intend the the E-44 to work as a freight loco - it seems (to me) a bit silly that they don't have electric-hauled freight around the NEC any more (unless I'm wrong).
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

metalangel wrote:I fully intend the the E-44 to work as a freight loco - it seems (to me) a bit silly that they don't have electric-hauled freightTh around the NEC any more (unless I'm wrong).
That was stopped because it would slow down an already busy line. When they had freight on the NEC I'm pretty sure it wasn't as busy as it is now. Some NEC-only lines like the Regional and Metroliner had boxcars at the end of their trains but that was stopped too.

Doesn't CSX run a few trains down the Northeast Corridor though?
Locoplayer
Engineer
Engineer
Location: Somewhere in the Western Hemisphere... someone find me...

Post by Locoplayer »

tydev417 wrote: Doesn't CSX run a few trains down the Northeast Corridor though?
What is the North-east Corridor, Like what city's does it run too?
They have a line running from Richmond to New York, It goes through D.C., would that be the North-East Corridor?

Edit: Sorry, It also runs through Baltimore.
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

The Northeast Corridor was originally built by PRR and I think by other companies above New York. It links Boston with Washington DC, the NEC was taken by Amtrak in 1971. The major stops on the line is Boston MA South Station, Providence RI Station, New Haven CT Station, New York Penn Station, Newark NJ Penn Sta, Trenton NJ Station, Philadelphia PA 30th St Sta, Wilmington DE Sta, Baltimore MD Penn Sta, and Washington DC Union Station. Then there's a whole bunch of little stops in between the stops, used by Amtrak and/or the commuter rail company that uses the station.

The NEC is the only electrified line owned by Amtrak and only the electrified portion is the NEC. Any other line is owned by a freight company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Corridor
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I read somewhere they still run freight across it - at night. I know there's also good freight subdivisions along there, but really - night? Sounds about right to me.

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

metalangel wrote:I read somewhere they still run freight across it - at night. I know there's also good freight subdivisions along there, but really - night? Sounds about right to me.
i am pretty sure there is frieght on it still. the question is just how much. it is most likely at night. Also you have to remember that there are low clearances on the NEC so no over sized loads like doublestacks or high cube boxcars. If i am not mistaken they use diesels now for the frieght. i think the only spot a diesels are banned is headed into one station (penn central station?) a place where there would be no frieght anyways. i belive conrail was the last to use electric fright in that area. Now it is CSX running the interchange of frieght for Norfolk Southern. as i said before i could be totaly wrong. it has been a while since i was in that area and i have not bothered doing any research.

<edit> ok ok ok, i decided to take a look. i found this little pdf about frieght, i was close but not right on. not a bad guess tho. i am not sure how old it is but it has the info you are looking for. http://www.mdta.state.md.us/mdta/servle ... lay-08.pdf
<edit again> lol i guess i could read what i posted. 2002.
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

Plastikman wrote:i am pretty sure there is frieght on it still. the question is just how much. it is most likely at night. Also you have to remember that there are low clearances on the NEC so no over sized loads like doublestacks or high cube boxcars. If i am not mistaken they use diesels now for the frieght. i think the only spot a diesels are banned is headed into one station (penn central station?) a place where there would be no frieght anyways. i belive conrail was the last to use electric fright in that area. Now it is CSX running the interchange of frieght for Norfolk Southern. as i said before i could be totaly wrong. it has been a while since i was in that area and i have not bothered doing any research.
Freight trains aren't allowed in, through or around New York Penn(sylvania) Station because of all the passenger trains that use the station that are fighting for space at the station.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Ok, one last mugshot of the amtrak pack as I wait and wait for one last Permission..... ~sigh!~

In the mean time.. US set is already underway. Several Diesels and Pieces of rolling stock are already finnished...
Attachments
Amtrak Mugshot.JPG
Amtrak Mugshot.JPG (178.34 KiB) Viewed 7002 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

cool :D That´s really looking good, man!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Darth Link
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Darth Link »

Where can i get this set :?:[/b]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

Darth Link wrote:Where can i get this set :?
Plastikman wrote: ...
Ok, one last mugshot of the amtrak pack as I wait and wait for one last Permission
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

No matter how many times i say this pack is done, Every time i play it, i make some sort of change. The newest is ... ummm.. well... i made up a fictional Highspeed mail Carrige for the acela. so now your packages can enjoy 165MPH also! tell me i am wrong to start making stuff up :twisted: . It comes out in 2006 and holds 70 bags of mail.
Attachments
Acela.
Acela.
acela.JPG (137.32 KiB) Viewed 6883 times
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

You are wrong and shall be punished!

Seriously if you think it is a good addition do it, people can choose not to use it
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Adding, some things, and making some up for gameplay is always good :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Plastikman, you are a legend and your place alongside Illegal Alien, Scrat, Pikkabird and all the other great modellers (don't be offended if I didn't mention your name) is assured.

Everything in that screenshot looks absolutely stunning and has convinced me to go back to Locomotion as soon as the pack comes out.

That info on the NEC freight is really interesting - the NEC route for MSTS was enhanced by a mod team and had the Philly subdivision added. One of my favourite activities in MSTS is the Twilight Shoreliner - screaming down the NEC at night in an E60, overtaking freight trains... fantastic.

PS: Is there an NEC area map for Lomo yet? Or is that a call to action for me?

President
President

Post by WWW »

you might want to start now, it's a long way
(make it so we don't need to use long diagonal sections though)
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”