Truck Stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Also turn off road vehicle queueing.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I think your problem is that, as said earlier the split-off to your stations is too far away. Busses or any vehicles only take a choice when they encounter a junction. If they are too far away they do not yet 'sense' that they should pick a station, and just take the shortest route, deferring their choice to later (when there is none in your case).
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yeah, its not a railway station entrance. There needs to be junctions directly outside the truck stops so they can choose the right one. Otherwise they will back up the road.

Yes. repetition hammers the point home.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I have found that this layout works quite well.

The loop of road allows vehicles to loop around if they are blocked from entering a depot. And as stated above, ensure that vehicle queueing is off.
Attachments
Farnville Transport, 9th Dec 2025.png
Farnville Transport, 9th Dec 2025.png (94.4 KiB) Viewed 1112 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”