Truck experiment with TTDAlter

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Robert Raymond
Engineer
Engineer

Truck experiment with TTDAlter

Post by Robert Raymond »

Going to try a little experimental game to see if I can make trucks a little better.

I used TTDAlter to look at all the values. Now, the assumption is that a present/future truck (i.e. one of the 70mph jobs) will be able to carry as much as a modern-day rail car. I'm figuring this based on the newest trucking trend of double-trailers - they do it for goods trucks (i.e. fedex) and for logging. There is no doubt that their capacity should be that of a rail car.

The change is this - all 70mph freight trucks (not passengers, mail, or valuables) have been changed to have the same capacity as a railroad car of that type. All 30mph versions remain largely the same. The middle range vehicles (the 55mphs ones) will be shifted to fall in the new midpoint between the two.

I run on easy level, which means that there is no finagling the rating values in favor of the computer. I'm currious to see if I can make money at trucking, and beat trains for shorthaul profits.

I'll let you know.
Bluevoss-
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Sounds reasonable and interesting - Be sure to tell us how you do!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
G-Klav
Chairman
Chairman

Post by G-Klav »

I certainly hope that that's not to be included with the patch, if that's the case I sense my 45 ton trucks' death coming by. ;(

But, if you made so that the 55 mph trucks had the same capacity as a train waggon, it would be nice.
G-Klav

Note: my avatar is best viewed with the 'silver' scheme on the forums.
Big Mad Tony
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Big Mad Tony »

A case of 'I got lotsa cargo, more than you Mr. Train, I got lotsa BOOOM'.

Interesting. Veeeryy interesting, eh?
Person man, person man - hit on the head with a frying pan.

Return to “General TTDPatch”