sv1fix 0.02 Update

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

sv1fix 0.02 Update

Post by Patchman »

I've updated sv1fix to be able to remove subsidies that have been aborted, i.e. which had one of the stations removed.

In that case, TTD would crash if you open the subsidy menu, or sometimes at the start of the next month.

You can get sv1fix at http://www.ttdpatch.com/tools.html#sv1fix
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

Thanx Josef,

this patch is very handy if AI removes subsidied-airports after a planecrash ;)
NS Trains for patched TTDX -- Fears no Evil ---- Get A Real Life
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Great news Josef, thanks for the work
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Unfortunately i cant get this fix to work, i have a game where i cant click subsidaries and it crashes at end january/beginning feb crossover. The 2 saves are most recent, and last before problem occurs.
Maybe im using it wrong, but it keeps saying no problem :(
Attachments
scens.zip
(286.23 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

That's funny, the first of these savegames has an offer for a subsidy for food from Hintfield FPP (Food Processing Plant) to Hintfield Coal mine. I guess the coal workers are hungy...

It must also be a secret coal mine, because it can't be found either.

Does this happen with all food subsidies? If so, I should fix it in the patch, rather than sv1fix...

In the second savegame, the subsidy is offered from Hintfield FPP to Income: $245.347.322 Coal mine. That's probably why it crashes...
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Thing is, can u remove the subsidy for me, cos your auto-fixing program doesnt seem to work for me, just comes back with no problems and game is not fixed
THats my problem, you can disable subsidies entirely if possible cos im rich in this game, trying to make the most insane network ever :P
Anyways, if you can get it to work ill be so greatful :P
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Based on what you said patchman, i loaded the game into the ediotr, placed a coal mine in hintfield and bing, it works now.
GOD knows why that subsidy was offered from a FPP to a) a coal mine b) one which doesnt exist :P
Anyway thanks for the info i ticked to feb fine and the sub page works now.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi Delket and welcome !!!

So the game decided to randomly close a coalmine for which it had a subsidy running ?

Anyway, please don't :P too much :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Patchman wrote:That's funny, the first of these savegames has an offer for a subsidy for food from Hintfield FPP (Food Processing Plant) to Hintfield Coal mine. I guess the coal workers are hungy...
I've had similar things in the sub-tropical climate (particularly when all the industries are used up, more or less). See my bugs page for more information ("The miners must be hungry...").
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Damn it, i will try to cut down on the :P, i dunno why but is a habit on mine, and thx for welcome
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

it's okay :D
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Ok update time, after patchman helped me get my savegame working in the 70's i have worked and worked upon my network on my fun map and as i went into the new millenium have one hell of a network set up.
Anyways i save often, im a save freak which is nice cos i never lose too much if smt goes wrong! So im playing away and at about 2004 i decide to call it a night, save and logoff but realise i forgot to sell a few trains i sent to the depot and knew id forget in the morning

So i go to load game...and hmm the last save game is 1996. So i wonder what could be up and spend the next 10 mins making sure it was correct directory, renaming the file to a lower number etc etc all to get the game to pick it up. The save exists OUTSIDE tt, but its not in the load menu when u navigate to the directory ;/
Anyways i went into the editor and IT picks it up and is fine with it, so i tried resaving it in the editor, but again the load menu doesnt pick it up.
Anyways this is annoying me now, im sure TT never used to be this buggy (not played in years till this game).
Anyways if someone can tell me whats wrong id be damn greatful once again cos this is my epic project of a game and i just built one wierd junction :)

Anyways included in a zip as usual....
Attachments
trp63.zip
(150.62 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

I have had this same problem for the first time today... REALY annoying.. Im saving in another dir now.. it works again.. I hate this... dont know a solution :cry:
Never fear, I is here...
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Well if i have to go back 8 years to 1996 i will cry, be a broken man hehe.
Just done one of them overhauls of my network where you see your trains MOVE ;o again after a 10 year gridlock and you sit back at the end proud as a new parent - you know what i mean
Anyway i hope theres a fix to this....
spacy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spacy »

i had this problem also,
go delete some old saved games in your save box,
at my pc the newer games suddenly appears,
i guess there is a limited variable how much saved games are listed
Last edited by spacy on 19 Dec 2002 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
NS Trains for patched TTDX -- Fears no Evil ---- Get A Real Life
Delket
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Delket »

Tried that and didnt work, got it working putting it thru that 'fixer' program in this topic tho......

SOOO it fixed the problem in this save it isnt supposed to yet didnt fix a problem in the old save which it was supposed to fix :P
Go figure hehe

Return to “Problems”