What makes u to play that game

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

swolki
Engineer
Engineer

What makes u to play that game

Post by swolki »

I had been playing that game [not openttd] for a loooong time.
Few days ago i found that openttd and start playing, but after 2-3 days it starts being booring :(
I can't understand why you are playing that game. It's so simple to make money.. what is the point ? :)
Samurai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samurai »

Well have to tried all the difficulty settings?

For me, multiplayer is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing it. Unfortunately the servers are still down at the moment *hint* *hint*
Kong Basse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kong Basse »

I play because of mulriplayer, but i agree, it's a bit easy. -At least from 1980 or so.
Invisble
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Invisble »

If I remember correctly, the Original TTD was also fairly easy, specially once the money started to roll in.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

After you get money, it's about creating something you want and find appealing to yourself, not creating something to achieve financial stability.

Er...
yeah

:P
Maverick
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Maverick »

To me, it's scale.
Creating something not just big, but epic.
Always striving for new records in delivered cargo per month, new records in revenue and profit, massive transport lines, tens of lines, hundreds of trains... oh oh... I'm getting a hard-on ;)
Kong Basse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kong Basse »

In the original TTD there where some yers with bad economy. -What happend to that? -Even great companies could risk to not ern money that year...
Horse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Horse »

I also found it too simple.

But it is the concept i like a game too build a transport network.
Only i,am waiting for new thhing in the game that make it more realistic.
but that takes tme
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

When I first played it, I kept playing it to see if something happened when it got to year 2000. Then it was to see if the game had an end (I remember leaving the computer on for days on end, back then when that was less a done thing, just to see what happened).

Now I play it cos it's fun and brings back memories. I am not bothered about money and profit, you can get enoughg money at the beginning for you to effectively make more money than you're ever gonna spend. Now with the bigger maps it's even better. I tend to like having every production place linked, and every town linked, and that takes time on a big map, so don't get so bored with that (although I can't play it for as long as I used to be able to).

Multiplayer is also lots of fun. Got my boyfriend liking it too, and it's something we can do together when I'm away, it's quite fun cos we usually share a company and have to fight for money at the beginning!
rileyk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rileyk »

Try the Opentd Challenge Spinoff2 , It is neither easy or boring.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I love playing OTTD because it's a great game. enough said.
Formerly known as Lachie
FoxAlpha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FoxAlpha »

Its Simple, i love TTD. I have played TTD about ten years ago an it was one of my favorite games.

Now its redone and it is greater as before. The best improvment is the Multiplayer option.

And the other thing is it wil be grow very fast.
And i see some very good mods like Subsiderie and Integrated Nightly and the Spinoff and some more.

All the games from big Companys that were near the Original or try to continue TTD are not so good and there i miss the multiplayer.
Some of the oldest games are most better as some of actual games.

And the thing that OTTD is Opensource makes it possible that it will be nevver die.
Fox
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Yeah, the multiplayer bit is also a quite big crowd pleaser
Formerly known as Lachie

Return to “General OpenTTD”