To developers: crashes with TTDPatch (v1.9), solution?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Landorin32
Engineer
Engineer

To developers: crashes with TTDPatch (v1.9), solution?

Post by Landorin32 »

Hi,

I used to test some TTDpatches when it was still at 1.7 or so. That used to work fine until some hours of playing passed by then it somehow crashed (well many of those bugs got fixed later on).
I often provided feedback to the developer but then I got busy with other things.

Now I wanted to play the game again (TTD Windows version), this time using the latest patch.
I always play multiplayer, by the way. So we started the game but after quite a short time the game crashes always.
I have no explanation of that due to lack of a crashlog and both players didn't do anything in this moment.
However, shortly before the crash occurs, the game got autosaved (the game didn't run long at that time, maybe 20 minutes or so).

I know, it is not helpful to say "the game crashed just so" since the cause could be anything.
But I wonder whether that saved game might help you guys? You could load it in a multiplayer game and a few minutes later a crash should occur.

Let me know if you have use for something like this.

edit: I deleted files like the .ovl patch file before I used the new patch. I got the same crash at the same time also when using the latest alpha patch.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hi and welcome,

If you are using Win Xp , could you read this topic and send all info to Josef (the developper of the patch)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=1927
He's looking for crashes in XP

thanks
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “General TTDPatch”