Problem with multihead engine

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

hsmwrv
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with multihead engine

Post by hsmwrv »

I'm using TTD Patch 2.0.1 alpha 52 and DB Set XL v0.82. I set all the variables suggested for DB Set in ttdpatch.cfg, but the multihead engines still have some problme.
Attachments
All the multihead engines have this big flashing "STOP", but some can still run in full speed.
All the multihead engines have this big flashing "STOP", but some can still run in full speed.
SCR1.png (150.92 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
SCR6.png
SCR6.png (153.94 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

You need to build them differently. Read the DB Set XL readme on how to build them properly.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Actually, he has built that set correctly. Is that coach older than the engine (ie did you add that engine onto older coaches?). Does replacing the coaches flashing "STOP" help?

The STOP message should only appear if you have added too many coaches. You added wagons, rather than buying a wagon for each engine head, right?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Raichase wrote:Actually, he has built that set correctly. [...]
Nah. Josef is right. Rai, that´s a 420 which requires special building procedure, i.e. only one "head" and the rest for coaches.

Long time no DBXL? :mrgreen:

regards
Michael
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Yes, I know how it is meant to be built, remember who helped you test it? :lol: .

I remember having a similar problem with using older coaches with a new build-like-that trainset, so I just wanted to make sure he wans't having that problem ;).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
hsmwrv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hsmwrv »

Raichase wrote:Actually, he has built that set correctly. Is that coach older than the engine (ie did you add that engine onto older coaches?). Does replacing the coaches flashing "STOP" help?

The STOP message should only appear if you have added too many coaches. You added wagons, rather than buying a wagon for each engine head, right?
The trains in both pictures are the exactly same train. That's why I was confused.

About the coaches, even building with new coaches, it remained the same.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

hsmwrv wrote:[...]
About the coaches, even building with new coaches, it remained the same.
Yes, we all know.

I understand that you´re not able to take a look into the donotreadme even in this unhappy situation, so I did it for you:

"# the DB BR420 is a three-component train set consisting of two trailers and a middle coach, all powered. Up to three units of these train sets could be coupled into a single consist which is also possible with the DB Set. Simply add coaches to the first BR420 engine to get a whole consist (of 3, 6, or 9 vehicles) automatically. "

regards
Michael
hsmwrv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hsmwrv »

Thanks Michael. I've figured out how it worked. The train in the pictures was actually two "3" vehicles. The missing vehicle in the first picture was the engine built with "Ctrl". It looks funny anyway.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”