A few bits of info needed

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

A few bits of info needed

Post by mega rail »

what new grafics(and where to get them)work on open ttd cause so many of the ones i find don`t work!
And what should my configration be for online play?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

online play NO grfs.
Some(i think ALL) of the graphics are made for TTDPatch and some if them work in OTTD. You can start with my sig. for the rest.,also the TTD WEBRING ( the 2 arrows at the bottom of the forum) and http://www.ben-wagner.de/ottd/index.htm

p.s. be sure to use the latest nightlies because they are more compatible with the graphic sets.
for multipl. use the official release
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

do routers cause problems hosting an online game?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Forward the correct port (3979) and it will work fine.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

can someone see if they can jion the game "mega rails server" within the next 30 min(from time of posting).
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

You're not in the multiplay list (as far as I can see)
Nope not all dodo's are dead (yet), one has survived!!!
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

how can i turn a bmp into one of these "gif jpeg jpg png tga tif" in win 98?

can someone see if they can jion my server again?
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

You're still not in the list :( (sorry)
Nope not all dodo's are dead (yet), one has survived!!!
LKRaider
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LKRaider »

mega rail wrote:how can i turn a bmp into one of these "gif jpeg jpg png tga tif" in win 98?
Irfanview is a very good program for that - it supports many image formats, and is free -
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Gimp, this is nice program, too.

But it would be easier if you set the screenshot format to png in game..
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

can someone try again pla...
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

It works now, it seems a bit slow though...
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

shouldn`t be slow...I have broadband....
Invisble
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Invisble »

mega rail wrote:shouldn`t be slow...I have broadband....
Broadband download speeds don't matter for hosting purposes, what matters are the upload speeds. In this case your broadband upload speed.

Let me explain a little further, I have 2mb Broadband, but it is only 2mb Download, this means that I can download data at something like 200kb+ per secound, but when I come to upload information onto my webpage, my maximim upload speed is only 256Kb, so I get a transfer rate of around 30-40kb/s

The more computers your server has to upload to the slower it will transfer data, you see your computer manages that data transfer rate and tries to equal them all out, so if I was to download 4 files at the same time, I would end up with only a 50kb/s download on each file (50x4=200). If I was to upload to 4 differant computers, my upload speed would become something like 10kb/s per file (4x10=40), the more computers I try to send data to, the slower my upload speed becomes to EACH computer.

I hope that lot made sense.

Answer as to how you can increase your upload speed, a) talk to your service provider, b)switch SDSL (Syncronised Digital Subscriber Line) c)Find an external "Hardwired" server that would be willing to host your games for a small fee.

Note: "Hardwired" is a server that has a T3/T1 line or above, they are basically wired directly into the telephone networks and require no shared lines, with a T3/T1 line you basically get a 1-1 contention ratio instead of a 50-1 contention ratio. However they are also silly expensive (£10,000+ per year last time I looked).

Return to “General OpenTTD”