OpenTTD Challenge Spinoff 2 (beta)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Having problems....

Post by Luxor »

I have downloaded the spinoff, then put the files in the OTTD folder, and then execute the .exe file and give me an error:

"Cannot open file C:\OpenTTD\data\signalsw.grf"

What can i do?

Thanks
Sword
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sword »

Simply rename the nsignalsw.grf in the data folder as signalsw.grf .
I apologise for my bad english.
Mambaru
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mambaru »

Or open you're ottd.cfg file and then scroll to the bottom. There you should be able to change signalsw.grf
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Except of course that [n]signalsw.grf has no business in openttd.cfg in the first place.

Or go get signalsw.grf from the Patch website.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Thank you

Post by Luxor »

Thank you for all of the advice, finally i have downloaded signalsw.grf from the TTDPatch site.
Kosov_1986
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kosov_1986 »

Hi!

I played it, and i realized that it's nice, i like that you have so many industries and vehicles... the euro-type steam train pulls iron ore and copper ore together, TGV carry water tankers, etc.

And it has similarities with Locomotion, such as the town don't develope untill you carry things into it, like passanger, mail, food, water, goods.

And you can refit many vehicles to anything, e.g. i carry oil from a rig to a refinery what is a few tiles from it with helicopters :lol:

I use v2.02, and i haven't noticed any bugs...
Kosov from the depths of East Europe!

My English isn't good but i never use translating programs :D

I had a Chinese gf, for 3 days, now she's in Germany because she studies there... she was my first serious gf.

Minibus topic, (Renault-Ikarus 546 released by wyctor) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25662

Ikarus buses from all around the world! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26985
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

Is there a Wiki somewhere with all the rules and changes in the game?
Beer equals power
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

Is it stable if I use latest nighty?
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

The latest nightly does not have this mod.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Alver
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alver »

hi all. I am intrested in create a OTTD with mission objectives.
You can look here for some my ideas: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=23

athanasios gave me a link for this topic. I found with build intresting, but it doesn't have any good description and documentation.

One of variant get Korenn source and continue development.
Korenn - can i contact with you to discuss this?
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

Alver wrote:hi all. I am intrested in create a OTTD with mission objectives.
You can look here for some my ideas: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=23

athanasios gave me a link for this topic. I found with build intresting, but it doesn't have any good description and documentation.

One of variant get Korenn source and continue development.
Korenn - can i contact with you to discuss this?
Sure, send me a pm anytime. But a word of warning: the last OCS was based on a (by now) very old ottd version. Continuing development is a horrible task at the very least. It's a better idea to look at what I did in my spinoff, come up with your own ideas of how you want to do it, and then write your own stuff based on the latest ottd build (0.5.0 is a good starting point).

Oh and if you want it to be at least possible that it makes the official build, make sure it's clean, modular code.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD Challenge Spinoff 2 (beta)

Post by Korenn »

*gravebump*

There is currently some time being invested in making the OCS gameplay available in something more trunk-friendly, and we need help.

Please visit http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40330 for details. I'm hoping some of the people who enjoyed OCS are willing to invest some time in making it available to everyone. Please note that I'm asking for experienced people there, but I'll welcome anyone with enthusiasm and time to spare.
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

Great to see that you have resurrected this, the cargo destinations and interesting map generation were really promising features.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Openttd failed to start because it need dosdummy.grf, autorail.grf, signalsw.grf and trkfoundw.grf
I created empty files with that names but openttd crashed on start ("Too many sprites").
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

those files are from really old versions of the game, you should find them in a bundle from around the version you are trying to start (like 0.4 or something).

in newer versions, these have been replaced by openttd[dw].grf

Return to “General OpenTTD”