About other languages support, with special chars (Russian)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Evgen
Engineer
Engineer

About other languages support, with special chars (Russian)

Post by Evgen »

I think too much about translating OpenTTD to native Russian language. I decide to redraw fonts in trg1r.grf, so now it supports English letters and Russian. So now for me ease translates all description in game on full native Russian language.
For future I suggest: May be you moves all fonts in other GRF file (only fonts will be present in it). So if some body wants to translate to language witch have specific char set, so he must redraw fonts, and pack new GRF and make new LNG file witch use such char set. After he makes packet witch contains GRF with fonts and LNG with strings. Also procedure in game must be present for installing such packets (not in hands user must install such language packets). Or may be much easier? Change format of LNG file, for some string in witch must be present with witch file GRF (with fonts) it must be used. So when user select such language, game load new GRF font file and draw all string using fonts from it. What you can say about my idea?
:shock:

P.S. Then I finish translating to Russian I will sent to developer group all need files. Now I have completed fonts (all 3 fonts trg1r.grf). I can send this file. I complete on 75% translating of all string present in 0.4.0.1., so if you want to look on TXT and LNG file. I can sent it. :o
Asterix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Asterix »

As far as I know there are plans to make OpenTTD unicode-compatible, with which there would be no need for a whole lot of different fontfiles.

But I dont know, how far this still is away ;)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It seems as though it's working fairly well, although more work still has to be done on it.
Evgen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Evgen »

I have trouble, with fonts. All is good but with Large font (in news), all others is work perfectly. So I have some troubles with next chars in Large font, hex code of it is (0xC6, 0xD8, 0xE6, 0xF8) All this chars draw from old font (Where game find it I can?t understand), I have cheeked 5 times (unpack my new GRF) and see that font is good all char that a have redraw is present. Why such happened only with such chars and only in Large font, may be such chars are remapped, but where? Also can say that if I have change (xrel yrel in NFO file of GRF before packing) and these values do not influence in any way drawing of these symbols. From this it is possible to draw a conclusion that they precisely somewhere are replaced, but where? I have checked up all GRF files and have not found anywhere images of fonts. Someone can help me with this problem. Translation is ready everywhere, only this Large font detains all.
Evgen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Evgen »

All is ready :D, but trouble with Large font is stay hot :cry:, all other is ready. Where I can send new GRF and LNG file with txt (may be for future modification) :?:. Please say email on witch I can send my work :roll:
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

Hi
Look at http://ttdrussia.net
If you want more, look at http://open.ttdrussia.net
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

it would be better if we could add this to the official OTTD, but it seems that unicode support will take a while :(
Hopefully we will see something happening this summer
Last edited by Bjarni on 24 Aug 2005 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

autumn is coming ... :wink:
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

I don't wanna spoil the fun but.. think this has already been done.. for an older version however.
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...

Return to “OpenTTD Development”