A stupid question

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

princetoncg59
Engineer
Engineer

A stupid question

Post by princetoncg59 »

what are the colored circles for in the vehicle list?
Ergophobia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ergophobia »

They indicate the status of the vehicle, whether it's running normally, is broken down, stopped, or in a depot.
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

Obviously that isn't much help without saying which is which, is it?? Doesn't really answer the question...

I'm sure there was an explanation in the wiki but I can't find it now for love nor money. Where the heck is it?
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
princetoncg59
Engineer
Engineer

Post by princetoncg59 »

my bus broke down and the circle stayed grey, so i dont think its the brakedown status
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
princetoncg59
Engineer
Engineer

Post by princetoncg59 »

thanx
Beeblebrox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beeblebrox »

I also have a stupid question:

How can i use some grf (tempset) in a game, which i havent started with it? is it possible at all?
antp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by antp »

try to type resetengines in the console (you get it by pressing the key under the Esc key)
Beeblebrox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beeblebrox »

works! thanks
Beeblebrox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beeblebrox »

Is that a usual effect, that on an avarage computer (p4, 1.4G, 512 RAM) the game slows down veeery much on a 512x1024 map? i dont have more that 50 vehicles or so, and 3 active (not close to bankrupt) enemies.

i am using r2361i3 integrated. i tried with the newer one, but got no performance improving.

here is the savegame, and config, if someone would help.
Attachments
Old Exditch Transport.sav
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
openttd.cfg
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
LKRaider
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LKRaider »

Hmm... I don't recommend you use the I3 build, as it was kinda buggy. I opened your game in I4, but it loads with very strange track problems :?
Thus, I also don't recommend using I3 build savegames, since they contain extra data saved by patches wich were not used on the new version, wich leads to weird problems.

Even then, though, I don't get slowdowns. Did you try running with the P4 optimized executable? Maybe it helps... I am not sure what's the problem tho.
Beeblebrox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beeblebrox »

LKRaider wrote:Hmm... I don't recommend you use the I3 build, as it was kinda buggy. I opened your game in I4, but it loads with very strange track problems :?
Thus, I also don't recommend using I3 build savegames, since they contain extra data saved by patches wich were not used on the new version, wich leads to weird problems.

Even then, though, I don't get slowdowns. Did you try running with the P4 optimized executable? Maybe it helps... I am not sure what's the problem tho.
yes. i noticed these track problems. even the depots disappear when changing versions...

i am not sure if i was using p4 optimized executable, i just typed make. i shall check it soon.

edit: i tried the I4. it slows down as well, see attached sav. config is the same as previously.
but there are some really good improvements in this version, like this multi thread thing (playing while saving), and there was sg else as well, but i forgot. anyway, this is a great build, congratulations for the devs.

edit2: oh yes, it was the high bridges. Guys, that feature ROCKS!
Attachments
Old Exditch Transport.sav
(973.12 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”