..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

This is a traditional Valencian barraca.
I personally don't like the color of the thatched roof and the path. Will try to recolor them asap.
Attachments
A traditional rural house of the poor in Valencia, barraca
A traditional rural house of the poor in Valencia, barraca
barraca.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 7943 times
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Akalamanaia wrote:I just don't get it what is your obsession with vertical lenghts..
"Vertical lengths" would be.. heights? ;)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Whoa, so nice! this week I'll be away, and won't be able to update anything, or hear your comments. But keep bringing whatever you might have.

Indeed, Talgo cars are quite small in heighth an length.. They are not finished yet, I have to fix the color of the roofs in the TalgoIII cars, and maybe do the red stripe of the locomotive a bit wider.

W.Coyote, thanks for those hoppers. We are not still sure about what to do with industries, but Iit's certain that we will have coal.
For drawing the first freight car, the progress is promoted to 3%!!

onodera, that is a really good one! may I ask how come you know the barracas? just a slight fix on those colors, as you said, but, hey, that's a quite nice house.
For having drawn the first building of the set, the progress is updated to 4%!!!
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

Sanchimaru wrote:onodera, that is a really good one! may I ask how come you know the barracas? just a slight fix on those colors, as you said, but, hey, that's a quite nice house.
Thanks! *^^* I just googled for 'Spanish architecture' and followed the links. ^_^
This week I'll get my broadband installed and will finally be able to google for photos of other things like caserias, pallozas and masias. =] But before that, I'll finish this one.
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The Talgos are in fact significantly shorter than normal trains, in fact you can see this by looking at the Talgo locomotive which is normal height - it has a slant on the back of it to adjust down to the roof of the cars, which are several feet shorter. It has nothing to do with short Spanish people, it's because of the low-slung way they built the cars. I think there may be some English translation problems here, but talking about the actual height of TTD people of different nationalities is ridiculous because you cannot even see them. In the case of the Russian set, George completely re-arranged the relative sizing of everything, so his "TTD person" would have been smaller than a normal TTD person, not because Russians are small ( :shock: ) but simply because he used a different scale. Just like TTD traincars are smaller than real ones - they are maybe half a centimeter long on your screen, where a real one is maybe 40 feet long. It's a matter of scale.

Unlike George's Russian set, the Spanish set is drawn to the same scale as most everything else in TTD, so the Talgo traincars will appear smaller because they are, in fact, smaller than ordinary traincars - not just American ones, but even regular Spanish ones.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Sanchimaru wrote:W.Coyote, thanks for those hoppers. We are not still sure about what to do with industries, but Iit's certain that we will have coal.
I have early boxcar, it's like Serbian Gkks. I'll recolor it ASAP.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

krtaylor i was adressing your proness to making posts that don't bring out the point to good, you don't need to go defensive about that. I just wanted to tell you to specify your point better.

Now if you want to continiue the talk about this take it to the private message like i originally suggested in my post...

By the way nice Talgo 3, Sanchimaru.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Here is Early Boxcar:
Attachments
Early Boxcar
Early Boxcar
EarlyBoxcar.png (1.51 KiB) Viewed 7851 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

krtaylor wrote:I'll add the nicknames to the tracking table right away. I'm taking care of the table because Sanchimaru does not know HTML, but I'm not really planning on running the set like I've done others because I know nothing about the Spanish railways, and I cannot read Spanish. I'm just here to help.

Is there anybody here that is currently living in Spain? Sanchimaru is Spanish, but he lives in Japan. The reason I ask is, because we need to find out what mainline diesel locomotives are in use. Sanchimaru says that mostly the Spanish railways are electrified, which is all well and good, but if so then why do they need diesel Talgos? There must be plenty of non-electrified tracks for that to be worthwhile, and if so, surely they do not use those tracks just for passengers; there must also be freight there, and that means diesel locos. Yes, maybe the locos from the 1980s are still around, but didn't the traffic increase so they would need to buy more? We need to find this out.

As far as the climate, I suddenly had an idea which does not require any Patching at all. Sanchimaru says that Spain is not really desert, but does have both a drier area and a wetter area. And hey, the Tropic climate has two distinct regions, the "rainforest" area which is mountainous, and the flatter "desert" area. So all we need to do is replace the yellow sandy tiles with something a little less dry looking, maybe a kind of chapparal. The Aussie set has done something like this and it looks very nice, you could do something similar or even ask to borrow their tiles. Then you'd replace the desert cactus with something more approrpriate, olive and fig trees perhaps? Then last, you'd replace the rainforest trees with something from the wetter part of Spain, or maybe just borrow the TTD Temperate trees. Then there you are - two separate climates, but not actually "desert" and "jungle." Yet it's in the underused Tropic TTD environment. Problem solved. You could even save some of the Tropic buildings maybe, though you'd want some more modern looking ones for later years.
I´m living in Spain right now. Should I do some photos of every train I find in use?? I live near Madrid so I can easily pick most passenger models in use.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I would like to see photos of DIESEL FREIGHT locomotives currently in use. If possible, please try to identify what kind of loco they are.

Also, if you observe something IRL that's different from what we have in the tracking table, please say so so that we can correct it.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

also, i have family working in RENFE. Maybe I can get some first hand info about units in use :D
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hm, great to have you around here, Aerond. If you could find technical information about vehicles, that would be really great. Not only that but details such as "this model uses to have a lot of breakdowns" ; "this one is very cheap to mantain" etc.

The pics would help a lot too. Currently we are looking for diesels to fill in from the 80's on. Diesels that are really long-trip locomotives, not just shunters (tractor) to move the wagons from the station to the depots
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

I have spoken to my uncle and he told me that there´ll be no problem. He will be giving me all the info I want next week!! (At least for Long Passenger Services, which is the area he´s working at). I may take some photos this weekend, or maybe next week; I don´t know, exams are coming and I´m not plenty of time.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

You have in tracking table Modern hopper. It's wagon silo with pneumatic decharging Uacs-z (I can recolor it, because Spanish wagon is grey, and Serbian is light blue):
I found one more wagon which is Spanish, but you don't have it in tracking table. This is hopper U (I used it for drawing Serbian wagon, because I found only this photo):
Attachments
U-zz.gif
U-zz.gif (2.58 KiB) Viewed 7692 times
Uacs-z.gif
Uacs-z.gif (1.3 KiB) Viewed 7692 times
U-zz.jpg
U-zz.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 7689 times

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thanks a lot for your cooperation, everybody!

I've been a week away taking a rest. Let's see if we can finish the Japan set and advance a bit more here. I have been giving the last touches to the TalgoIII, I think it's ready. Any comments?

the sprites are for:

locomotive (diesel)
power car
head unit
mail u.
passenger u.
rear u.
Attachments
TalgoIII.png
TalgoIII.png (9.03 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The loco doesn't look much like a loco, maybe some more detail possible?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

let's see if this works:
Attachments
TalgoIII.png
TalgoIII.png (8.88 KiB) Viewed 7631 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'm realizing that it's even harder to get detail in the Talgos than it is with regular TTD trains, because Talgos are even smaller (shorter).
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Hmmm... I think we misunderstood. I told you about modern hopper 1980. I recoloured it in Spanish livery. It's wagon silo, so probably you can use it only for grain, wheat and maize:
Hopper next to sprites in blue livery (under open freight car) is (I think) self-unloading wagon. It's similar like Serbian Faccs-z (altough maybe it isn't that):
Attachments
Self-unloading hopper filled with coal; I have version with iron ore and copper ore too.
Self-unloading hopper filled with coal; I have version with iron ore and copper ore too.
Faccs-z-c.gif (1.33 KiB) Viewed 7592 times
Wagon silo with pneumatic dischargement.
Wagon silo with pneumatic dischargement.
Modern hopper 1980.png (1.99 KiB) Viewed 7592 times

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

More progress!

I've began drawing the 030 cockerill steamer

By the way; krtaylor: in the tracking table you've put the sprites of the hopper by W.Coyote (blue color) as a modern mineral hopper. I think they should be for the modern hopper (a bit more downwards in the table)
Also, the sprites you have linked to the early mineral hopper seem to me to be best fitting for the mineral hopper (more downwards) Those early hoppers are really tiny...
Attachments
cockerill030.png
cockerill030.png (608 Bytes) Viewed 7572 times

Return to “Graphics Development”