..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

m3henry wrote:i dont see the third rail :?:
is it in the middle, side (where it should be)?
I don't know what you're talking about,
But the high speed rail is designed to work instead of the monorail.
So, if your unifiedmaglev switch is on, turn it off. and you will see it in the temp climate. The grf is not finished, so you won't see anything about the high speed rail untill you build a monorail track.

Sanchimaru, thanks again. :D
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

anytime ;)

Here is one more steamer for the set. I think we have only 3 to go!
The "Garrafeta" (English Garrat) Is composed of 3 parts. If it is possible, I'd like it to be coded with the reversing technology... No sweat, though.

In real life, there is still one of these conserved by a railway fans association somewhere in Spain. They use it hiring tracks in some events.

If you are not sure about how to arrange the sprites, I can draw a scheme.

And another thing: Talgo II and III locomotives should not have any capacity. They might seem to have windows; but they are vents.

I will work on the hi-speed tracks a little bit more, too.
Attachments
282c.png
282c.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
282b.png
282b.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
282a.png
282a.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated. I didn't animate this one, as I don't see it'll make much difference - since it's 3 parts, I can't combine them to see how it would really look. We'll just have to wait until it's coded and see how it comes out, I think. Death, maybe you could move this one to the top of the priority list, so we can take a look at it?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Hmmm... This reverse is complicated.
I couldn't find any command for this.
The only way I think I can do is making this locomotive as a dual-headed loco, which its rear head is unseen. And when the train reverse, the front head will disappear and the unseen head will be seen. So it will look like one loco which reversing...
The two problem with this way:
-How the GRF will "know" that the vehicle is reversing or not.
-This dual-headed will make troubles if the multi-headed train switch is on (the rear head won't be placed in the train's end).
Last edited by Death on 25 Jun 2006 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Death wrote: -How the GRF will "know" that the vehicle is reversing or not.
Bit 0 of train property FF toggles every time the train reverses.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

PikkaBird wrote:
Death wrote: -How the GRF will "know" that the vehicle is reversing or not.
Bit 0 of train property FF toggles every time the train reverses.
Oh Thanks! :o
I see that I should learn more about these varables which aren't appear in the wiki.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru, I had tried to make the 282 reversed as I had said, but I failed.
So I made it without the reversing. try it:
Attachments
282.zip
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Ah, worry not, my friend!

Just code it as any other locomotive into the main set for the moment ;)
You can introduce it as reverse whenever you feel you have the experience needed to.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:arrow: New Taster version: 1.17

Changes:
  • > New locomotives:
    • 282 "garrafeta" Steam
      353 Diesel
      Talgo XXI DMU
    > Better view of all trains in the depot window (More separated)
    > Better alignment for all trains
    > More fixing work
:arrow: Download:
Windows
DOS
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Downloading and testing it :))

In the meantime, I have an announcement about the steam locomotives:

there are only 3 to go now, and these are the last locomotives of all the set. After them, only freight cars are left to be done...
However, there is one that has been impossible to gather graphic documentation about, and shall be dropped from the list: the steam 041. There is absolutely no image of it in any of the spanish railways forums I've been looking through, or railfan europe page...
Well, I'd like to have it anyways, but after all, we have already a quite nice rolling stock with more interesting machines, such as the newly added garrafeta, or the big 1-5-1 that is the last to be done...

We have one picture of it in the tracking table, but is quite small, and insufficient as for drawing a complete set of sprites.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I have tested the file, and I found the following problem:
the new Garrafeta shows incorrect sprites. It appears correctly in the depot window, but when you buy it, it gets 2 tropic cars instead of the main and rear parts. I tried disabling all other GRFs but the problem persists.
Attachments
garrbug.png
garrbug.png (34.83 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated. We are indeed making progress! I think I like it better this way - slow, but steady, progress.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:I have tested the file, and I found the following problem:
the new Garrafeta shows incorrect sprites. It appears correctly in the depot window, but when you buy it, it gets 2 tropic cars instead of the main and rear parts. I tried disabling all other GRFs but the problem persists.
Oops, download the file again. it's now fixed.

[Edit:] About the AVEs, some of these trains have a special wagon which have to be with the tail, and I'm afraid it impossable to code it without making the loco as dual-headed (So the rear head won't be plcae correctly, If the multiheaded switch is on). I think I'll code them as dual-headed trains despite the porblem. I hope I'm understood. :?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Alternatively (or maybe additionally), use callback 36 to modify prop 25 of the vehicle depending on whether or not it is the last vehicle in the train, and then use CB 31 to disable train start if the appropriate vehicle is not at the end.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thanks for the updates!

About the AVE, you know better what to do. If that's neccessary, make it so.

The Garrafeta now runs nice, with the animations and all :D However, it doesn't release any smoke... the chimmeny is in the central part, as if it was a regular locomotive.

These days I'm a bit busy, but I'll try to get what's left done as soon as possible.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Arg! these stupid mistakes make me sick.
I added the smoke sanchimaru, so download it again.

DaleStan: Thanks man, I'll try it. :D
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

hehe, you don't know how many times I've had to redo stuff over and over again by repeating the same mistake... or finish a sprite, and then realize a basic error, like measuring or something like that :x

In that cases you need to relax, and go do something else... I really note the difference after a rest: one gets new energies to get with the work, and a new point of view, after looking at it from a new perspective.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:In that cases you need to relax, and go do something else... I really note the difference after a rest: one gets new energies to get with the work, and a new point of view, after looking at it from a new perspective.
Well, I'm not a drawer. my mistakes will come from when I forget to disable the testing .GRF (in this case 282.grf).
then, If I make a mistake in the main set, I won't be able to see it while the testing GRF file is loaded. Anger is not my problem, foolishness is.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

By the way; krtaylor: the experts from a spanish forum have confirmed that we don't need the 041 in. It was not but a "home arrangement" based on a 040.
Even with that one out, the steam rolling stock is fair nice.

Ah, I also realized that you don't have any picture of the 231 in the tracking table. Here it is:
http://www.jorges.arrakis.es/materialrenfe/2-3-1.jpg

The diesel 334 (last one) appears broken in my browser, do you have it alright?

Return to “Graphics Development”