xUSSR Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: xUSSR Set [WIP]

Post by George »

Hi, thanks for report!
Monty_Montana wrote:I would like to report a bug when refitting some refrigerated cars to sugar beet. Some sprits are missed.
Fixed
Monty_Montana wrote:By the way, why would sugar beet transported on reefer cars? It makes more sense to be a bulk cargo. :)
What wagons should transport it? It would sound strange to transport it with something like 12-757, 22-4024, 31-634 or 13-401, which are used for bulk cargo, wouldn't it?
Monty_Montana wrote:If I get a desync error in my server, what could I do for make an effective report? In case presumably caused by your newGRF, should I send you any savegames or logs?
You need to make a report here https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset providing both logs and a savegames.
Image Image Image Image
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Here's a couple picture of sugar beet trains that I found with a quick Google search: (1, 2)

And as a note, sugar beet is comparable to grain in some ways, both get harvested from the fields and don't require cold storage. Hence why transporting sugar beet in a reefer is a bit weird, as you wouldn't transport grain in a reefer either. Or at least that's how it works over here.
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

First graphics for FIRS cargoes added in latest nightlies!
Also all cargoes from Auzind supported (Thanks GarryG for using existing cargo labels).
Attachments
Pyrite ore
Pyrite ore
FIRS cargo.png (282.71 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Sorry for my bad English.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hello

Over awhile I try out USSR set.
First anomaly what I see... Any ideas? First thought that its caused because of my grf list, but seems not.
Second: Is there custom tunnel entrances when building one?
Attachments
1111.png
1111.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

ISA wrote:Hello

First anomaly what I see... Any ideas? First thought that its caused because of my grf list, but seems not.
Haha, this looks pretty normal, considering that it is a USSR set. ;) This is an oil spill from a leaky diesel engine nobody gives a damn about. Would be quite cool if it was actually intentional. :)
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

luxtram wrote:

Haha, this looks pretty normal, considering that it is a USSR set. ;) This is an oil spill from a leaky diesel engine nobody gives a damn about. Would be quite cool if it was actually intentional. :)
Its the same in the build window also (drop down menu 1st "Rails 37mph" tracks and whole depot).
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

seems to be viewtopic.php?p=1157855#p1157855 with answer one post later - viewtopic.php?p=1157860#p1157860
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Kogut wrote:

seems to be viewtopic.php?p=1157855#p1157855 with answer one post later - viewtopic.php?p=1157860#p1157860
Thanks mate 8)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Simozzz wrote:First graphics for FIRS cargoes added in latest nightlies!
Also all cargoes from Auzind supported (Thanks GarryG for using existing cargo labels).
First sorry for the double post.

As seen on the picture You mange to haul pyrite ore. In my game I am in 50's and still haven't got a wagon to haul it? Any ideas? Take a note that I have September nightly and I haven't tried the latest (2 October) one because it may mess thing up
Attachments
1.png
1.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

ISA wrote:

As seen on the picture You mange to haul pyrite ore. In my game I am in 50's and still haven't got a wagon to haul it? Any ideas? Take a note that I have September nightly and I haven't tried the latest (2 October) one because it may mess thing up
I'll try to answer you this question :)) . At the moment, the developers set pay most attention to support of goods from ECS.
But gradually the developers add support for loads of other sets - FIRS, Auzind. At FIRS there are different types of economies with different types of goods. To full support all cargos in FIRS at least add it to the closed types of wagons. I suggest to write here what cargoes are missing. For example, pyrite in a simple Arctic economy.

And pyrite at the moment you can carry in the gondola 12-532 (1973-1988 year of release). Other wagons do not support yet the pyrite. I checked on the version from 6.10.2016.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

ISA wrote:

Now I'll answer aswell. Graphichs for all gondolas have been redone and some new were drawn at August and waiting to be added. But currently George doesn't have time to add them. There are also two tankers and two new locomotives waiting to be added and two new are half-drawn. Possibly these graphics will be finished at the end of next week.
Attachments
new steam loco.png
new steam loco.png (763 Bytes) Viewed 5695 times
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi, i have detected a descyn error. I have the logs and the savegames, but i have not account at https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset. Can i send this files to you?
By the way, from commands-out.log i can read (i suspect desyng is here)

Code: Select all

vehicle cache mismatch: type 0, vehicle 3301, company 3, unit number 42, wagon 0
train ground vehicle cache mismatch: vehicle 3301, company 3, unit number 42, wagon 0
There are more text like this with different parameters. I am using latest release of this NewGRF available at Bananas.
Error appeared in mid game; i mean, some player built a train(s) and from there, desyncs made online game unplayable.

-Montana-
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

Monty_Montana wrote:Hi, i have detected a descyn error. I have the logs and the savegames, but i have not account at https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset. Can i send this files to you?
By the way, from commands-out.log i can read (i suspect desyng is here)

Code: Select all

vehicle cache mismatch: type 0, vehicle 3301, company 3, unit number 42, wagon 0
train ground vehicle cache mismatch: vehicle 3301, company 3, unit number 42, wagon 0
There are more text like this with different parameters. I am using latest release of this NewGRF available at Bananas.
Error appeared in mid game; i mean, some player built a train(s) and from there, desyncs made online game unplayable.

-Montana-
That will be great help if you send them to me. Also try to use newer nightly build. Stable ones released annually, so the cause of desync may be solved already.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I know this set is meant to cover the Soviet Union and Modern Day Federal Russia, but would it be possible to include older locomotives so people can start earlier then the 1920's? Maybe even before 1900 if Russia had anything before then for rail?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

NekoMaster wrote:I know this set is meant to cover the Soviet Union and Modern Day Federal Russia, but would it be possible to include older locomotives so people can start earlier then the 1920's? Maybe even before 1900 if Russia had anything before then for rail?
You can start as early as 1900 already, there will be Ov steam locomotive aviable. Others are planned but not added yet. You can find them at our tracking table here (xUSSRset.xls): https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset/files
Also you can help us by drawing some of these early steam engines or anything other you want. Any help is appreciated.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Simozzz wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:I know this set is meant to cover the Soviet Union and Modern Day Federal Russia, but would it be possible to include older locomotives so people can start earlier then the 1920's? Maybe even before 1900 if Russia had anything before then for rail?
You can start as early as 1900 already, there will be Ov steam locomotive aviable. Others are planned but not added yet. You can find them at our tracking table here (xUSSRset.xls): https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset/files
Also you can help us by drawing some of these early steam engines or anything other you want. Any help is appreciated.
Though I noticed theres very few wagons before 1928, so not all cargo's can be moved.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

NekoMaster wrote: Though I noticed theres very few wagons before 1928, so not all cargo's can be moved.
There is as many as information about them. We were able to find some information about imported wagons, because foreign companies preserved it. But noone cared about it here. That's why some of early wagons marked as "Canadian type" or "American type" and others as "generic" wagons.
Another trouble is that locomotives of that period had their own classification at railroad they worked prior 1912. That means that we had a lot of A classes, B classes, V classes etc (by letters in cyrrilic alphabet: А, Б, В...). Sorting them almost impossible.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Simozzz wrote:
NekoMaster wrote: Though I noticed theres very few wagons before 1928, so not all cargo's can be moved.
There is as many as information about them. We were able to find some information about imported wagons, because foreign companies preserved it. But noone cared about it here. That's why some of early wagons marked as "Canadian type" or "American type" and others as "generic" wagons.
Another trouble is that locomotives of that period had their own classification at railroad they worked prior 1912. That means that we had a lot of A classes, B classes, V classes etc (by letters in cyrrilic alphabet: А, Б, В...). Sorting them almost impossible.
So I guess the issue mostly with Pre-1928 rolling stock is that there just isn't much information if any on older wagons, and I imagine you guys only want to include stuff you have the full details for. Too bad couldn't just add some older stuff that you at least have dates and pictures for as place holders until accurate information can be procured.

It probably also doesnt help that Russia had a lot of stuff going on in the late 1800's and early 1900's where as not much turmoil and change happened in America and Canada so most of the details on locomotives and rolling stock are preserved for the most part (you can still find information on Pre-1900's American and Canadian rolling stock if you know where to look)
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

NekoMaster wrote: So I guess the issue mostly with Pre-1928 rolling stock is that there just isn't much information if any on older wagons, and I imagine you guys only want to include stuff you have the full details for. Too bad couldn't just add some older stuff that you at least have dates and pictures for as place holders until accurate information can be procured.

It probably also doesnt help that Russia had a lot of stuff going on in the late 1800's and early 1900's where as not much turmoil and change happened in America and Canada so most of the details on locomotives and rolling stock are preserved for the most part (you can still find information on Pre-1900's American and Canadian rolling stock if you know where to look)
By the way, there were a lot of locomotives imported from US prior cold war. Especially from Baldwin and ALCo. Maybe you can find something?

Here is photo of one of those (Db).

Return to “Graphics Development”