xUSSR Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: xUSSR Set [WIP]

Post by michael blunck »

Simozzz wrote: By the way, there were a lot of locomotives imported from US prior cold war. Especially from Baldwin and ALCo. Maybe you can find something?
There´s an abundance of photos and info, at least about american-built locomotives for the Trans-Sib, both on the internet and in books.

regards
Michael
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

There´s an abundance of photos and info, at least about american-built locomotives for the Trans-Sib, both on the internet and in books.
Most of them you can find where our tracking table is. But all of them in Russian. And our search potencial ends when it comes to search in other languages. If you have any links or photos, could you share them?
Sorry for my bad English.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

I Would love to see a good set of early Russian trains , very surprised no one has taken the project on .Plenty of info on the net https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... _of_Russia .
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

piratescooby wrote:I Would love to see a good set of early Russian trains , very surprised no one has taken the project on .Plenty of info on the net https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... _of_Russia .
Though the issue right now is that there isn't much rolling stock before 1928 to cover all cargos early game.

Though I did find a old locomotive with some decent information, should have enough information to work with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_l ... ss_Izhitsa (sorry if its already included but I couldn't find it in any lists for the xUSSR set)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

Yep, it is in our tracking table. Like most of rolling stock you can find at wikipedia.
For 0.5 version goal is to have wagons for every cargo from standart industries, ECS, FIRS and AuzInd and locomotives for every type of rails aviable from 1950 onwards.
1920 planned for 0.6 and earlier for later versions.
At this moment, not even half of planned rolling stock made. And since I'm last graphics contributor of this set it'll take some time to add something new.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Simozzz wrote:Yep, it is in our tracking table. Like most of rolling stock you can find at wikipedia.
For 0.5 version goal is to have wagons for every cargo from standart industries, ECS, FIRS and AuzInd and locomotives for every type of rails aviable from 1950 onwards.
1920 planned for 0.6 and earlier for later versions.
At this moment, not even half of planned rolling stock made. And since I'm last graphics contributor of this set it'll take some time to add something new.
I wish you luck and success in implementation of all the projects that you want to add to this set :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

xUSSR Railway set v0.5 available for download in the online content game, in the site xUSSR set-0.5 and on bananas xUSSR_Railway_set-0.5 :)) All enjoy the game :D

From me and the team of developers xUSSR set an updated version of the Wiki - Wiki xUSSR set (RU) and Wiki xUSSR set (EN) :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Hello, I've noticed there is no mail wagon later years (around 2010+), its supposed to be like that? Other than that, I'm really enjoying playing with this set, one of top 3 for sure!

The refrigerator wagon around 2000-2010 sometimes got no wagons for 2-3 years until the next one is available, maybe change a little the expiration or introduced year?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

nihues wrote:Hello, I've noticed there is no mail wagon later years (around 2010+), its supposed to be like that? Other than that, I'm really enjoying playing with this set, one of top 3 for sure!

The refrigerator wagon around 2000-2010 sometimes got no wagons for 2-3 years until the next one is available, maybe change a little the expiration or introduced year?
its possible that like my issue (not much for wagons before 1928), its possible they dont have much data if any at all for later (or earlier) wagons.

If things are disappearing before 2010, perhaps the dev's of the set could extend their availability to stick around longer until some newer wagons can be coded.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

NekoMaster wrote:
nihues wrote:Hello, I've noticed there is no mail wagon later years (around 2010+), its supposed to be like that? Other than that, I'm really enjoying playing with this set, one of top 3 for sure!

its possible that like my issue (not much for wagons before 1928), its possible they dont have much data if any at all for later (or earlier) wagons.

If things are disappearing before 2010, perhaps the dev's of the set could extend their availability to stick around longer until some newer wagons can be coded.
I agree with NekoMaster. Through the necessary settings to make available the entire list of transport. I usually do :D . In the future there will be a wide variety of wagonss for transportation of different goods. I suggest you to wait for the new wagons :wink: .
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

currently released version (0.5) doesn't support some cargoes from new FIRS.
Maybe you should just allow cargo classes, instead of explicit define of cargo labels?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

McZapkie wrote:currently released version (0.5) doesn't support some cargoes from new FIRS.
Maybe you should just allow cargo classes, instead of explicit define of cargo labels?
1) no, we shall not use classes
2) WIP on FIRS3 support. Test the latest nightly build. Not 100% compatible with previous savegames, wagons should be rebuild. Full support planned in 0.6
Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I was playing with the xUSSR set the other day with a Russian scenario I had, and I noticed that before 1930 there is nothing that carries mail.

Was there no mail service on the railways before 1930 or you guys just dont have the data/graphics for a mail car before 1930? Perhaps the luggage cars that come out before then can be used for hauling small amounts of mail (simply just bags of mail tossed into a empty car). Would probably make loading mail slow.
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

NekoMaster wrote:I was playing with the xUSSR set the other day with a Russian scenario I had, and I noticed that before 1930 there is nothing that carries mail.

Was there no mail service on the railways before 1930 or you guys just dont have the data/graphics for a mail car before 1930? .
They are not drawn yet. Also, as you have noted, there isn't much data about early wagons.
Perhaps the luggage cars that come out before then can be used for hauling small amounts of mail (simply just bags of mail tossed into a empty car). Would probably make loading mail slow.
We've disscused that, but decided not to add it right now, as that will make normal mail cars useless (as they have less volume and carry weight).
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

It's been a while since last post.
We've missed our release date this time, but all of us were busy last year. But now, when my graduation comming closer, I have more free time.

Also, some progress have been made. Added new early and modern vehicles, redrawn boxcars and new method of drawing freight wagon's cargoes implemented.

If you are playing with our set, please, download latest version and give us feedback! More feedback - better!
Cocoro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cocoro »

nice it would be great if you could add more paint schemes for some of the more modern emu like the ED4M and EP2D like the Moscow region livery
U.N.Owen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by U.N.Owen »

Some kind of bugreport:
  1. Load this set and, for example, Dutch trains/tracks.
  2. German trains cannot access to xUSSR rails. It's good.
  3. However, in Soviet Russia trains don't care about gauge width and use German (Japanese, American, etc) rails as well. It's not good, I think.
Now I use for gameplay dirt & ugly temporal solution:

Code: Select all

grfcodec -d xussr.grf
sed -i -e 's/RAIL/BAAN/g' -e 's/ELRL/BAAE/g' sprites/xussr.nfo 
grfcodec -eg 2 xussr.grf
rm -r sprites
It's works, but it's not good.
Best solution - make this behavior optional.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

U.N.Owen wrote:Some kind of bugreport:
  1. Load this set and, for example, Dutch trains/tracks.
  2. German trains cannot access to xUSSR rails. It's good.
  3. However, in Soviet Russia trains don't care about gauge width and use German (Japanese, American, etc) rails as well. It's not good, I think.
This behavior is "as designed".
xussr set intends to use all 16 railway slots. Because of that there are two possible set usage:
a) trains use "special" railways, defined by the set
b) trains use "default" railways
In your case there is variant b) and trains behave as it is intended.
Image Image Image Image
U.N.Owen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by U.N.Owen »

George wrote: xussr set intends to use all 16 railway slots.
But now we have 64 railway slots, not 16!
Therefore the statement
George wrote:there are two possible set usage
is complete wrong.
Please add a third option and don't force players to use dirty hacks (see above) for combine your set with others.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

U.N.Owen wrote:
George wrote: xussr set intends to use all 16 railway slots.
But now we have 64 railway slots, not 16!
Therefore the statement
George wrote:there are two possible set usage
is complete wrong.
Please add a third option and don't force players to use dirty hacks (see above) for combine your set with others.
We don't have 64 slots YET, at least not in a stable release of the master branch, and it will never apply to older versions of OpenTTD, including the current patch packs.

Return to “Graphics Development”