xUSSR Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: xUSSR Set [WIP]

Post by trainman1432 »

Well, if you need track set suggestions, nutracks is always a good choice to be compatible with
Jetrain
YATTC
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

trainman1432 wrote: 24 Aug 2020 01:23Well, if you need track set suggestions, nutracks is always a good choice to be compatible with
Sets I tested with known issues:
  • default rails
    2EV120 does not work on rails (works on electrified rails only)
  • nutracks
    no issues found
  • dutch tracks
    2EV120 does not work on rails (works on electrified rails only)
  • U&ReRMM2
    Not all of the unelectrified tracks are available for undefined reason. Contacted track set author for details
Need some other track set?
Have a look at these test versions (https://yadi.sk/d/IbmQKHTDa9dFZQ xUSSR set and xUSSR set addon) and tell, if they do not work with your favorite track set, and provide the list of the issues that you've found.
Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Have you tried it with my North AMerican Track Set v1? I know its meant to be more "north ameircan" but I'm currently coding a sucessor to it and reusing some of its code so any issues NATS v1 has will also pop up in NATS v2.

I bring this up because I also use my own track set for other countries and regions like tropical stuff, india, Australia, Europe, etc.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Currently alternatives list in the railtypes table does not work as intended
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/8301
Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

At the moment i'm just using basic railtype stuff, like SAAN, SAAE, SAA3, SAAZ for RAIL, ELRL, 3RD RAIL, and DUAL SYSTEM stuff. (the 2nd letter of the label being the track speed it'll be, like SAAN, SBAN, SCAN, etc).

Hopefully if anyone ever wants to use the ussr stuff with my track sets, it'll be compatible for the most part (though I dont plan on doing multiple electrical systems since ELRL and 3rd Rail is enough for me)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

NekoMaster wrote: 01 Sep 2020 09:49 At the moment i'm just using basic railtype stuff, like SAAN, SAAE, SAA3, SAAZ for RAIL, ELRL, 3RD RAIL, and DUAL SYSTEM stuff. (the 2nd letter of the label being the track speed it'll be, like SAAN, SBAN, SCAN, etc).
Hopefully if anyone ever wants to use the ussr stuff with my track sets, it'll be compatible for the most part (though I dont plan on doing multiple electrical systems since ELRL and 3rd Rail is enough for me)
From the short view I can't see any issues of xUSSR trains on the NA Tracks. Could you have a look?
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

xUSSR set bug, Instead of rails various icons or signs. My version openttd 1.10.3. I didn't change the graphics.
If I start a new game purely with xUSSR version 0.5, and no other graphics, no trains are available.
It destroys my saved games or scenarios :(
Is the newer version compatible? I would try to delete the old version to use a compatible version ....
Attachments
Baltskestatyfirs3xxnorm.sav
(677.1 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Change train capacity, the game may desynchronize or crash.... This not right way apparently :(
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Argus wrote: 07 Dec 2020 11:53 xUSSR set bug, Instead of rails various icons or signs. My version openttd 1.10.3. I didn't change the graphics.
It destroys my saved games or scenarios :(
Is the newer version compatible? I would try to delete the old version to use a compatible version ....
If you want to run an old savegame, you have to do the following steps
1) take xussr-with-rails.grf and xussr-rails.grf at https://yadi.sk/d/IbmQKHTDa9dFZQ
2) put xussr-with-rails.grf instead of xussr.grf
3) run old savegame and add xussr-rails.grf
4) save a new savegame and quit
5) put the latest xussr.grf
6) run a game again
Let me know if you have any problem with it

Here goes your updated file
Argus wrote: 07 Dec 2020 11:53If I start a new game purely with xUSSR version 0.5, and no other graphics, no trains are available.
The latest version is 0.6.1, try using the latest version.
Attachments
Baltskestatyfirs3xxnorm.sav
(725.28 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by George on 07 Dec 2020 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

It's weird to me too, nothing like that happens with any old newgrf. The current JGR patchpack does the same ....
I don't have any more information, I'll just try to start a new game with only xussr 0.5 and the trains don't work. Will I try to mess with the parameters?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Argus wrote: 07 Dec 2020 15:41 It's weird to me too, nothing like that happens with any old newgrf. The current JGR patchpack does the same ....
I don't have any more information, I'll just try to start a new game with only xussr 0.5 and the trains don't work. Will I try to mess with the parameters?
First of all, try the latest version 0.6.1
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

0.6.1 version working... Maybe my file is corrupt? I probably already know what the problem is ....
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I will simply not run version 0.5, I will take risks and use only 0.61. I transferred graphics from the old PC to the new one, I didn't do anything else.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I tried to download version 0.5 again from bananas and it still doesn't work. Is there something wrong with the bananas version?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Argus wrote: 14 Dec 2020 14:10 I tried to download version 0.5 again from bananas and it still doesn't work. Is there something wrong with the bananas version?
well, ver 0.5 is rather old, ver 0.7 would be produced soon (you can get 0.7RC1 at https://yadi.sk/d/IbmQKHTDa9dFZQ), I don't think it is a good idea to look back at 0.5. I'd suggest to upgrade to at least 0.6.1
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I use old versions just because I don't want to change the graphics of the games I play, otherwise only new :)
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Argus wrote: 15 Dec 2020 10:29I don't want to change the graphics of the games I play
What does it mean?
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

This game was started with version Xussr 0.5, changing the graphics in the running game is generally not recommended. Version 0.6 did not exist at that time :)
Using google translate, I apologize for the occasional rudeness, my english is not enough to correct nonsense google :D :D
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Argus wrote: 15 Dec 2020 21:22 This game was started with version Xussr 0.5, changing the graphics in the running game is generally not recommended. Version 0.6 did not exist at that time :)
Using google translate, I apologize for the occasional rudeness, my english is not enough to correct nonsense google :D :D
Well, it is up to you to keep the old version, but I do not see any profit on searching bugs in the old version, sorry. I'd better focus on 0.7.
Image Image Image Image
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In fact, I also don't like drying old graphics, I'll take the risk change graphics and use only the new version :) I'm already looking forward to 0.7 :)

Return to “Graphics Development”