Clone vehicle patch (version 14)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

maxcbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maxcbc »

i cant get this patch to install, ive tred tortoisesvn it just comes up with

"the path C:/ ??????/?????/??? dosnt seem to match the path specified in the patchfile"

what do i do?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Uploaded version 13
New in this version:
  • trains no longer "steals" whatever cars the depot might contain
  • trains get refitted too
  • strings are added
Now it should be committed soon. Celestar said that he will do some sprites for it :D

Note: I didn't forget version 12. A serious bug was found minutes before it were uploaded to the forum. It is now fixed and a new version was needed ;)
Maverick wrote:Bug : Should an attempt be made to clone a vehicle, and the maximum number of vehicles (eg max 500 trains) has been reached already, then upon the attempt being made a refund will be made to the tune of about 4.2 billion dollars.

hax :)
Give me a savegame where this happens. I don't want to count clicking on a button 500 times for this to happen.
Hackykid
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hackykid »

Hackykid wrote:here some bugs i found:

1. When i click the clone vehicles button in a depot window, and then any other button in the depot window, the "clone vehicle" cursor remains

2. You can clone trains in a depot from an incorrect type (eg railway trains in a monorail depot)

3. When *any* non-normal cursor is in use (build station, build waypoint) and you click on a train in a depot, it gets cloned.
why do you ignore me! :-P

all three bugs are still there in version 13....

also:

4. When using the clone vehicle button in depot A, and then clicking on a vehicle inside depot B, the new train will appear in depot B sometimes (not always, seems to depend on the depots involved), while it should be in depot A, where i clicked the button.
DopeFish Lives!!!
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Hackykid wrote:2. You can clone trains in a depot from an incorrect type (eg railway trains in a monorail depot)
That is actually a bug with the game, I have a fix for that on SF when building trains yourself, I am not sure whether it will help with this though.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

lucaspiller wrote:
Hackykid wrote:2. You can clone trains in a depot from an incorrect type (eg railway trains in a monorail depot)
That is actually a bug with the game, I have a fix for that on SF when building trains yourself, I am not sure whether it will help with this though.
Cloning calls the build command, so if the build command is buggy, cloning will have the same bugs. It's better not to copy code so I wrote cloning to trigger excisting commands for stuff like building vehicles, moving rail cars, sharing orders and so on.
Arsenal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Arsenal »

4. When using the clone vehicle button in depot A, and then clicking on a vehicle inside depot B, the new train will appear in depot B sometimes (not always, seems to depend on the depots involved), while it should be in depot A, where i clicked the button.
There is some confusion when you have more than one depot window open. It only seems to work better (train placement) when clicking on the depot window title bar (not the main part of the depot window), and then using the clone button.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Version 14 uploaded
Changelog:
-Fixed the stuff Hackykid reported
-Added some Doxygen comments
Hackykid wrote:

1. When i click the clone vehicles button in a depot window, and then any other button in the depot window, the "clone vehicle" cursor remains

2. You can clone trains in a depot from an incorrect type (eg railway trains in a monorail depot)

3. When *any* non-normal cursor is in use (build station, build waypoint) and you click on a train in a depot, it gets cloned.
why do you ignore me! :-P

all three bugs are still there in version 13....

also:

Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

added to svn and will be in the next nightly build
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

Bjarni wrote:added to svn and will be in the next nightly build
might I say: ALELUIA! lol :lol:
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”