[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

The netherlands is hell to make in my opinion, that's why I usually give it a go then give up out of pure annoyance... Minute height differences... those lovable areas under sea level. Of course my love for detail makes things a lot harder. Ah well...
Strangely enough... Leiden used to have the most frequent service of all stations...well it used to at least before they changed everything.
Of course the center of the world will always be Utrecht. :lol:
Geographer in making
My Scenarios
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

It all gets a lot easier, if you use a hight map.

The Netherlands map i made was done in 90 minutes...
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Luukland wrote:It all gets a lot easier, if you use a hight map.

The Netherlands map i made was done in 90 minutes...
BTW where do you get height map of Netherlands?
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

Just by using Google earth with one extra feature.

(it is in the: How to generate superb heightmaps topic ^^)
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Northwest Europe

Post by Luukland »

Today I finished my 4th real world scenario. I have already made scenarios of: Tasmania, The Netherlands and Jamaica. But this one is about NorthWest Europe!!

The map has 5 countries on it: The Netherlands, Belgium, France, England and Ireland.

Statistics:
- Size: 512 x 512
- Max Loan: 500.000 (max)
- Difficulty: Very easy
- N. Towns: Medium
- N. Factories: Medium
- Climate: Temperate
- Starting year: 1947
- Newgrfs: none

This map is the game of your dreams!! Did you always wanted to build the whole UK full of tracks? Or wanted to connect France to England? Now is you chance!! This scenario offers a lot of potential. You can transport Passengers from all big cities, and transport oil from the North Sea to Rotterdam's harbor. Or try to transport wood from the Scotland highlands, to the lowlands, near Glasgow. With Settings set to very easy, you can build everything of your dreams, try it, and relieve the English Ages, where you are the transporter!!

-- © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved --
Attachments
"Giant" Screenshot of the whole map. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
"Giant" Screenshot of the whole map. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
screenshot #5 (Medium).png (216.64 KiB) Viewed 23655 times
North West Europe.scn
The Scenario V 1.0 © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
(187.99 KiB) Downloaded 5621 times
Screenshot from the area around Glasgow. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Screenshot from the area around Glasgow. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
screenshot #6 (Medium).png (901.72 KiB) Viewed 23711 times
Last edited by Luukland on 29 Jun 2007 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Woo, you managed to fit Orkney in. :D
Tomsomethingcon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tomsomethingcon »

great effort, luukland, justi tip tho, Manchester is the third biggest city in england, and in your scenrio it has a population of 600ish.

oh and another thing, do we have rights to run this scenrio as a multiplayer ?
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

Tomsomethingcon wrote:great effort, luukland, justi tip tho, Manchester is the third biggest city in england, and in your scenrio it has a population of 600ish.

oh and another thing, do we have rights to run this scenrio as a multiplayer ?
You are totally right about manchester, i will change it immediately.

All my scenarios have the following tekst in it:
- © Luukland Productions. 2007
- All rights reserved
- May be used for multiplay :)

EDIT: Scenario Updated to V 1.0
Fixes: Manchester bigger + Copyright notices added
Iyazur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iyazur »

Although that open space near Glasgow seems nice for an airport I guess I'll pass, it's surely prone to get hit by flaming cars. :?

Gotta dl :D
Yep I'm new, check this topic to know more :wink: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32908
Iyazur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iyazur »

Yo, so here's a Norwegian-like Fjord scenario

Statistics:
- Size: 256x256
- Max Loan: 1.200.000 Kr (gotta have the real currency for every scenario) ;)
- Difficulty: haven't fixed that
- N. Towns: not too many
- N. Factories: some
- Climate: Arctic
- Starting year: 1938 and 1945

Made it from a map I googled (freehand), can't find it anymore. The towns have random Norse names. Stuff.. There's a couple of versions in the .zip. Plain without anything but water and land (for those who like to add stuff themselves or use the random options, one with only the towns and two different starting years with all the goodies.
Attachments
Fjord.zip
(205.27 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
fjorddetail.PNG
(379.72 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Fjordmap.PNG
Fjordmap.PNG (40.2 KiB) Viewed 6804 times
Yep I'm new, check this topic to know more :wink: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32908
Iyazur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iyazur »

And over here we have the lovely sunny Samos. The greek isle near the coast of Turkey. Contains the island, and a small part of Turkey, with the city of Izmir. Freehand from a tourist leaflet map.. xD I'm quite happy with the result though. Here's the map actually http://www.pithagorio.net/Kart/Samosmap.JPG googled it. Hmm what else... I only added the red mainroad. Real town names. one or two mines in the right places, other than that is just random. There's really no banana's in Samos. ;p

Statistics:
- Size: 512x256
- Max Loan: 50,000,000 Drakhma
- Difficulty: haven't fixed that
- N. Towns...err Villages: as many as there are in Samos
- N. Factories: some
- Climate: Tropical
- Starting year: 1950

As in the Fjord I uploaded, there's a plain version, one with roads and villages and the complete one. In the detail you can see the lovely Pithagorio, home to the mathematician of old times (can you guess the name? :wink: ) over the town rises the hill that still has the ruins of the acropolis of Samos (not included in the game sry)
Attachments
Samos.zip
(142.68 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
samosdetail.PNG
(219.25 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
samosmap.PNG
samosmap.PNG (55.59 KiB) Viewed 6771 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

They look very nice, especially the fjord map. Maybe we will try them out with #openttdcoop one day :).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Iyazur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iyazur »

:D Glad you like em, give me some reviews after you've played them? :)
Fry3k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fry3k »

Just made a new one... Oberbayern in South Germany

Description: This map of medium size covers the area of Southern Bavaria and the west part of Austria. The north part of the map is very flat, containing the big lakes such as Bodensee, Starnberger See, Ammersee and Chiemsee, and of course, the town of Munich. It would be more hilly but i already set the highest elevation down to 3000 meters, so the highest peaks in the Austrian Alps are cut of (which isn't so bad, somewhere you have to plant the forests ;). In the south part of the map we have the Central Alps. While the valley of the Inn is wide enough to build a proper railway line, there are also many narrow valleys with little mountain villages. Getting passengers and food up there might be a little bit difficult but also very challenging if you don't terraform like hell and want to keep the beautiful landscape.

Climate: Sub-Arctic
Size: 1024x512
Towns: 90
Industries: Normal
Version: OTTv0.5.2
Starting Year: 1925
newgrfs: none
Attachments
oberbayern.scn
Scenario
(669.99 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
Detail
Detail
ott_oberbayern2.png (889.75 KiB) Viewed 6733 times
Map
Map
ott_oberbayern1.png (344.15 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

South West Europe

Post by Luukland »

After completing North West Europe, i got the thought of: Why not a south west Europe? So that's what i did :)

From Bordeaux, through the Pyrenees, crossing the Mediterranean Sea, all the way to Algiers, Tunisia. That is where this scenario stands for. There are a lot of opportunities, to get started, although, the best way, hasn't been invented yet. Great Scenario for playing with friends, or just to play alone, building the best networks available. Fantastic Scenario for Train Players, but also great potential, for naval, air, and road services. Try it for yourselve, and get to the top in as few years as possible!!

Statistics:
Size: 512 x 512
Climate: Tropical
Starting Year: 1947
Difficulty: Very Easy
N. Towns: High
N. Industries: Very High
New Grfs: none
Attachments
South West Europe.scn
South West Europe Scenario. V 1.1. © Luukland Productions. 2007.
(278.49 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
Screenshot of Madrid (Spanish Capital) and surrounding area. ©Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Screenshot of Madrid (Spanish Capital) and surrounding area. ©Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Madrid.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 23098 times
Giant Screenshot South West Europe. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Giant Screenshot South West Europe. © Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Giant Screenshot South West Europe.png (311.49 KiB) Viewed 23056 times
problematiQue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by problematiQue »

After looking through half of this thread and downloading many scenarios, I caved and decided to just ask. I'm looking for a mediumsized map, with few towns and a reasonable amount of industry that allows for a nice trainnetwork (IE: no islands map, not too mountainious). Any suggestions?
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

if you looking for a more flat map, i suggest using the orignal, map array when creating a new map, that way you can state how many towns and indrustys you want
stranno
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stranno »

OMG! I love the Spain scenary, and i was waiting for it

THANKS! awesome work!! :o
Dave_McMahon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

North West Europe map

Post by Dave_McMahon »

I love the U.K/North West Europe map but can it be scaled up to 2048*2048????
David McMahon
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Re: North West Europe map

Post by Luukland »

Dave_McMahon wrote:I love the U.K/North West Europe map but can it be scaled up to 2048*2048????
Since my computer is absolutly rubbish, i cant make anything bigger than 1024x1024. Even with 1024x1024, I experience problems to make, due to gigantic lagg.

I hope to buy in a few months a new personal computer, and than I can give it a try. Nowadays, I guess, someone else has to rescale it :)

I am sorry...

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”