Early vehicles

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Early vehicles

Post by MeusH »

Hi. I've posted at http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... highlight= a request to make trains and cars avaible at 1930. They told me to go here, so, can anyone make that simple change? Like adding first train (that small and ugly :) ) and trucks in 1927, like in original game?
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Hey !

Post by Greyfur »

I am making central European buses - Skoda, Praga, maybe some Bussing or others... from years 1927-1945. I have just several finished yet and am just a beginner, but if anyone is interested, I could post some screenshots...
My project: CS Bus Set viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87962

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I like it :)
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

buses ;P

Post by Greyfur »

:wink:

Škoda - Praga - Tatra - Karosa - Oasa - Prima TL - Zliner - TAM BUS - SOR - Novoplan - Granus - Slovbus - Tedom - Irisbus - Iveco

Woof !
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Great! I hope some coder will put them to OTTD! First bus in 1927 or earlier, of course :)
Joker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Joker »

Woow, looks nice... do you plan to do Ikarus 280 also? Memories... in Prague, Ikarus 280 busses were everywhere during 80's (don't remember earlier :wink: ).
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Sure ! 280 is a must :wink: I have already the side view to almost all of the mentioned vehicles, to some I have front and hind views aswell... The only missing thing are the angle views... (am working on that right now...)

Uhm... I already have some of them in a dataset, I am learning on it... Maybe if it goes well, I will be able to finish it myself :lol: :P

And.... in Prague were Ikaruses from 1977, when the first came.... I live in Bratislava and we STILL have several pieces in service.... imagining that their zear of build is 1989-91 it is amazing :wink:

Woof !
mdhowe
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by mdhowe »

Greyfur: I think your buses look great although I do think that they are all in the wrong perspective. You should be able to see more of the roof cause you are looking down on the vehicles, do you know what I mean? Good work though.
"Set fashion, not follow. Spit vitriol, not swallow" - Marilyn Manson
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

Greyfur wrote:Sure ! 280 is a must
Hmmm... what about 415, 435?
Probably in 1980-1990
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

bociusz wrote:Hmmm... what about 415, 435?
Probably in 1980-1990
Not yet... I will do those later maybe.... I try to complete all buses until 90ies... 415, 435, 412 and 417, even 283 i will do later

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

mdhowe wrote:Greyfur: I think your buses look great although I do think that they are all in the wrong perspective. You should be able to see more of the roof cause you are looking down on the vehicles, do you know what I mean? Good work though.
Now when you mention it... you're right.... I will try to do it later more corectly... (but that is quite a detail... main problem remains bringing the sprites into life)

Woof !
Joker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Joker »

Speaking about Ikarus 280 (but not only that one); that is an articulated bus- if it takes a turn, at first only the front part of the bus turns and then the back part. Can this behaviour be coded into the game?
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I think it does.
Just like 2 wagons, right? First wagon turns, and second turns one moment later.
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

but that is in trains... I don't suppose it is possible in buses....

Woof !
Greyfur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greyfur »

Some screenshots :

I have a problem - athrough I write my own names in the pseudosprites, it keeps substituting the cargo road vehicles like the coal truck or mail truck, even when I do it with the 0E FF tag. The other atributes stay setted up as I wanted them.... :

:shock:

Woof !
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

Er --- are you aware of the fact that these busses do not fit in a bus stop?

Celestar
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

They look cool! Seems they work in OTTD, right?

Celestar, I hope they fit :) But... hmm... yeah, they are long.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Greyfur wrote:Some screenshots
What scale did you use?
Image Image Image Image
Joker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Joker »

They look coool, but...
Celestar wrote:Er --- are you aware of the fact that these busses do not fit in a bus stop?

Celestar
Yes, some of them propably won't fit :cry:
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

MeusH wrote:They look cool! Seems they work in OTTD, right?

Celestar, I hope they fit :) But... hmm... yeah, they are long.
If you would look at the screenshots you would see that the pictures were from TTDPatch.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “Graphics Development”