Low industry production rate

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

TenshiNL
Engineer
Engineer

Low industry production rate

Post by TenshiNL »

I was wondering what an average production rate of an industry is, cause mine never seems to get any higher then 1.000 tons (a month?). While the graphs in the industry statistics go up till 10.000 tons (a month?).
What am I doing wrong, how can I increase the production?

Btw, I'm new to this forum, finally registered after lurking around on it for at least a month or so now?! :D

[edit] After seeing this thread a small update. I'm talking solely about raw-material industries here, like f.i. iron ore and coal mines.
Splat!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splat! »

The max for coal, iron, and oil is ~3300 units/month. Then the farm max is ~330 per month but the rest I don't know. In order for the factories to increase production, their % transported needs to be high. To get it high you need to have an efficient station with very little cargo waiting. To get the %transported real high, you can build a second station to load from. that helps it A LOT
TenshiNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TenshiNL »

Hmmmm thanks for the info. So the production rate should get higher then, the already high for my standards, 1000 units/months. I got two iron ore mines now with stations with almost 100% rating, let's see what happens :D
Tyrell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tyrell »

A 100% rating however is no garanty that production will not drop again.
Splat!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splat! »

Also, station rating means jack to the industry production. Station rating just means how much of the production your station will get (75% rating will give you 75% of what the station could be receiving.) What you want to be high is the % transported in the industry window
TenshiNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TenshiNL »

Splat! wrote:What you want to be high is the % transported in the industry window
And how do I do that? :)
Splat!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splat! »

well basically by having a high station rating :) The easiest way to increase the % transported is to build a second station to service the industry. Lets say I have station A and B both getting coal from the mine. Personally I have station A load the coal, then move a couple squares to unload it at B. Then at B is where I pick up the coal that came from from A, plus what the industry put at B, and send it to a steel mill. Doing something as simple as this helps A LOT.

(I hope that makes sense)
Severous
Director
Director

Industry & Station Maximum

Post by Severous »

Hi

Ive been watching one Oil well station a while.

With a new train and a short trip Ive been able to cart away everything and wait a lot for more oil. Station rating went to 100% and stayed there for almost a year. The oil well production never changed much (did change a little) at around 370 tons a month. The % transported fixed itself at 83%. So my current conclusion is 83% is maximum one station can take away which is what I happen to think is the maximum station rating you can have one your train becomes old.

Once a computer player opened a station at the same well the loads started to be split between our two stations. Production didnt increase at the oil well but the % transported now reaches 100% each month.

So to get more production I think:
- New trains to max your station rating %
- Have two stations as previously suggestted.

Im not sure about 100% transportation meaning you have higher numbers of loads produced. When I played TT my lasting observation was that reaching 100% transportation often triggered the industry closing down. Not been playing Lco long enough to form an opinion yet but did see an enemy help oil well that was well connectted shut down....much to my satisfaction.
Regards
Splat!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Splat! »

I personally turn off industry closing down, so I'm not sure about when that happens. I was sick of building a huge empire only to have something shut down and screw everything up. You're right about the % transporting having a max of around 83% when there is only one station servicing. It doesn't matter who builds a 2nd station, you or the computer. As long as there are 2 stations, the % cargo can go up to 100%.

The production at your oil place should increase, but obviously there is a large random factor built in so you never can be positive.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”