Importing models from MSTS?????

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Importing models from MSTS?????

Post by Pedro »

Hi everybody,

I haven't played MSTS (Microsoft Train Simulator), but as I'm usual in Spanish Railways forums I'm used to see lot of new graphics for that game and they're really amazing.

I've checked and there is a lot of models done, so my question is as above: Is there any possibility of importing a MSTS model into a Locomotion model?

I don't know how it works, but if it can be made easily there are hundred of high detail modeled trains in the MSTS fansites.

What do you think about this?

Regards,
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Since Locomotion does not use models but 2D sprites, it would only be possible if you had around 180 renderings of the train, all from slightly different angles... (or if you had the model in a format that 3DSMax, Maya, or any other 3D modelling tool can open) :)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

you also need to make your own models
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

Why bother, if you get permission from the original author to release his model for a different game.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
sotavento
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sotavento »

Portuguese TS models are ported to TrainZ ... and on their way to Locom ... :wink:

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”