Steel girder bridge

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Steel girder bridge

Post by wozzar »

I edited the height on the steel girder bridge. When i try to up with bridge it always defaults back to the brick bridge. Is there something else i need to edit to get around this.
Loewe13
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loewe13 »

yes, because the girder bridge has no upward pictures so you find the nummer 2550 for disablebridgecfg in the bridgefile when you insert own pictures for upwards and change the 2550 to 0 it will work but remember you need to put your pictures for upwards into it, which pictures are it, you see when you combine the brick bridge with the girder and look within the girder which files are only a 1 pixel point
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

Loewe13 wrote:yes, because the girder bridge has no upward pictures so you find the nummer 2550 for disablebridgecfg in the bridgefile when you insert own pictures for upwards and change the 2550 to 0 it will work but remember you need to put your pictures for upwards into it, which pictures are it, you see when you combine the brick bridge with the girder and look within the girder which files are only a 1 pixel point
I dont think i will try it.
TheDaian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheDaian »

in other words, the ONLY bridge that can go up or down is the stone one.

there is now an earthy bridge that does up/down with unlimited speed, but it won't work up in the midair.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Technically, you don't *need* to put pictures in there for it to use. I just removed the data that prevented it from having slopes, and now I can use my steel girder bridges on slopes just fine. Granted, they look a bit funny at times, but I try and ignore it. ;)
The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Fjonis »

I do recognize the need for an alternative type of bridge. The brick one is just plain ugly when turning / going up or down slopes.
Would it be technically possible at all to design bridges that
  • are narrower (the existing ones are twice as wide as the track itself, which looks ugly and is highly unrealistic)
  • follow the track completely (as opposed to the insanely ugly edges that come when turning with the existing bridges)?
Personally, I don't have a clue about any of this, but if it is possible and someone would care to do it, I would be a happier man.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”