Multiplayer: AI not active

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

chriddy
Engineer
Engineer

Multiplayer: AI not active

Post by chriddy »

Hi, i'd be glad if somebody could help me with the following problem in multiplayer mode:

We start a game with 2 players and normal difficulty. After a while, 4 competing companies are founded, but they remain unnamed and don't carry out any actions.

How do I get the AI to work?

Version is openttd 0.3.4, win32

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sulai »

OTTD is still under development... this counts particularly for the network multiplayer. I think AI in network multiplayer is just not yet implemented? Be patient ;)
chriddy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chriddy »

Sulai, thanks for your answer! That could just be the solution.

I was just confused by the fact that the competitors _are_ founded. With AI not implemented, I would have expected them to not appear at all. Couldn't find anything about that in the docs at http://svn.openttd.org/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/docs/ either.

Anyway, ottd is fantastic as it is, and I'm looking forward to the things to come :D

Thanks to the devs!
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

The AI is not supposed to be active in MP, so not even get founded. It's some kind of a matrix glitch you are experiencing :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”