New Chris Sawyer interview

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

New Chris Sawyer interview

Post by alphagamma »

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Oooo :wink:

Seems like a decent interview
fsdave
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by fsdave »

He thinks we might be playing Locomotion in 2013... doubt it. We'll be playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

fsdave wrote:He thinks we might be playing Locomotion in 2013... doubt it. We'll be playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Nah the modding support of Loco is to good.
fsdave
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by fsdave »

Just means people will start releasing a whole bunch of crappy vehicles and useless mods :)

What we need modded is the signalling, and I have no idea if that can be done..
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

fsdave wrote:Just means people will start releasing a whole bunch of crappy vehicles and useless mods :)

What we need modded is the signalling, and I have no idea if that can be done..
Why the signalling? Do you mean the pathfinding?
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

great interview, i find it kind of ironic that he said it was " 9 years in the making" yet i guess he never managed to roam the internet and find the ttdpatch guys or use discussing things that could make ttd much better, i think if he does release some patches or a expansion pack he should take input from the fans.

i dont know if any of you play warcraft 3 but the people who play it put input on what needs balanced in the game and blizzard goes from there on fixing it.
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Chris Sawyer - I think it’s been quite a quiet start for the game...
He obviously hasn't been by these boards then! ;)
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

shYheim wrote:great interview, i find it kind of ironic that he said it was " 9 years in the making" yet i guess he never managed to roam the internet and find the ttdpatch guys or use discussing things that could make ttd much better, i think if he does release some patches or a expansion pack he should take input from the fans.

i dont know if any of you play warcraft 3 but the people who play it put input on what needs balanced in the game and blizzard goes from there on fixing it.
Yeah the support for Warcraft 3 is unmatched.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Not just WC3, the support for *all* of Blizz's games is unmatched. They put out a patch for StarCraft not too long ago (SC came out in 1998).
shYheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shYheim »

yeah you cannot beat blizzard for gaming support, and to top it off they are such a small company, i just wish other companys would listen to the fans and such, so many good games are ruined by shotty support, lets hope this isnt one.
looking for people to host games of locomotion so we can play, pm me if your interested :)
jpinard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jpinard »

Ack. That interview maeks me sick. 80% of the people here are like lost sheep.
Pinkyoz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pinkyoz »

jpinard wrote:Ack. That interview maeks me sick. 80% of the people here are like lost sheep.
I'm starting to wonder wether your problem with this game is more to do with CS then with the game itself. The interview read fine to me, it does seem that he is largely oblivious to the mixed press and community gripes, but widely speaking it seamed ok.

PinkyOz
alphagamma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alphagamma »

Pinkyoz wrote:
jpinard wrote:Ack. That interview maeks me sick. 80% of the people here are like lost sheep.
I'm starting to wonder wether your problem with this game is more to do with CS then with the game itself. The interview read fine to me, it does seem that he is largely oblivious to the mixed press and community gripes, but widely speaking it seamed ok.

PinkyOz
His posts certainly have one thing in common: CS obsession. 20 of his 53 posts contain the name chris.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Im starting to wonder if hes a retard who plays barbie adventure in his big pink bedroom. :lol:
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

It's been mentioned a lot of times, and people have tried. But yet we are unable to draw him here. The unmatched meeting point for TTD/LoMo fans. (Well, maybe the newsgroup has been around a bit longer, but anyway.)
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
Fiden
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fiden »

Born Acorn wrote:Im starting to wonder if hes a retard who plays barbie adventure in his big pink bedroom. :lol:
Ugh. Could you please not do that? It sickens me when people make derogatory statements about people with disabilities, such as mental retardation.
The guy I'm really looking for, WINK, is Mr. Bribe, WINK WINK.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

ugh, can you not accosiate the word retard with people with disabilities?
damnationltd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by damnationltd »

alphagamma wrote:His posts certainly have one thing in common: CS obsession. 20 of his 53 posts contain the name chris.
you've got a pretty bad case of OCD if you went back and counted that.

i guess counting the number of times he said "chris" and being a 'nozzle is a lot more fun than playing locomotion for ya?
jpinard
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jpinard »

What I didn't like about the interview is Chris seems oblivious to the problems with the game, and although he claims he's "commonity friendly", I find that's a load of crap.

There's one more "Chris" for you to add to your word count.

Return to “General Locomotion”