[REL]High speed mail cars v1.1

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[REL]High speed mail cars v1.1

Post by DarkMatter »

After reading a post here somewhere about how there's a 'TGV Poste' service (the fastest land mail carrier in the world), I noticed that Loco's TGV and Electra-Star trains lack this ability. So I quickly just whipped up ones for them. They use the same graphics, as I'm no artist by any stretch of the imagination.

Anywho, just extract them into your \ObjData folder. To get them in the game, you'll have to go into the scenario editor and enable them.

Update (Oct 22): I updated the subject line to conform with the guidelines for this section. I also updated the file to include an APT mail carriage. This should help prevent people from stringing a bunch of driving carriages together. ;) The trains are configured for the extended (x2) reliability mod.

You'll have to go over to Steve's Forum to get it, as these ones are being b*tchy and not letting me update the file.

http://forum.locomotiondepot.net/download.php?id=14
Last edited by DarkMatter on 22 Oct 2004 17:16, edited 2 times in total.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
- Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

http://www.train-rail.com/materiel/tgv/tgv_p/

There you can find some good drawings and photos of the TGV "La Poste" that is being used for the French mail service.

There are 3 (and half a train) TGV "La Poste" trains in use in France. The half train (engine and one carriage) is a spare.

The first 2 entered service in 1984, and the 3d entered service somewhere in the 90ties.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Bump. Updated, see first post.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
- Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”