[OTTD] Hungary scenario (WIP/Help needed)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
macee
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Hungary scenario (WIP/Help needed)

Post by macee »

Hello

I am working on a Hungary scenario. The map is 4096x2048 and includes all of Hungary and parts of the neighbouring countries.
The map is roughly from Villach, Austria in the West, to Sovata, Romania in the East, Zsolna, Slovakia in the North and Osijek, Croatia in the South.
I decided to use FIRS Extreme Economy for industries (https://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/re ... ml#extreme).
I am asking for help with real world industries (old or new), from people familiar with the area, mainly from not Hungary, because I can research in hungarian :)
For example:
Miskolc - Steel Mill
Tiszaújváros - Oil Refinery or Plastics Plant (or both)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Update 2020.01.02:
Here is the final heightmap I am using.
hungary final.png
(466.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Here is the scenario with only a few towns placed.
hungary.scn
(2 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: [OTTD] Hungary scenario (WIP/Help needed)

Post by odisseus »

The "real-world" placement of industries doesn't lend to interesting scenarios in OpenTTD.

For example, it would be efficient to build a plastics plant close to an oil refinery in real life, so that the transportation costs for intermediate products are minimized. However, the OpenTTD player would seek to increase those costs, because they constitute his company's income. A typical player would ignore the nearby plastics plant and seek another one located far away. The same principle applies to transportation of finished goods to the consumers.

Your heightmap, however, looks nice with mountain ranges on the edges and a wide plain in the middle, divided by large rivers.

I suggest that you just place the towns and leave industry placement to the map generator. Or maybe place just the primary industries (mines, forests etc.), and let the players fund the processing industries themselves.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”