train-passage through the depot

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Pepelatz
Engineer
Engineer

train-passage through the depot

Post by Pepelatz »

Is it possible to make Depot end-to-end for more realism? The train enters the Depot for repairs on the one hand, and leaves on the other. This will make the game more beautiful with interchanges, rather than the usual dead ends. More solutions with interesting interchanges will be required so that the train can continue on its own line.

when I play, I do not use the repaire service in the depot with the cargo, only an empty composition. This allows you to use the setting of the unloading-loading route schedule more interesting. Is it also possible to create a mod with a ban on service in a depot with cargo? For example, you can’t proceed in depot with passengers.

if such an extension already exists, please tell me the name and where it can be downloaded.
kamnet

Re: train-passage through the depot

Post by kamnet »

No, there is not a way for a train to enter the depot building on one side and exit the opposite side.

There is, however, a way to build a depot using Objects, that hide the actual depot building, and you can simulate the action.

Look for Modular Locomotive Sheds and AuzObjects.
Pepelatz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pepelatz »

but after all, ships can do this - go through the depot. Is it not possible to do likewise?
just take the algorithm from the shipping marine depot, copy the graphics to the mirror input-output. But unfortunately I am not a programmer.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pepelatz wrote: 17 May 2020 22:33 but after all, ships can do this - go through the depot. Is it not possible to do likewise?
just take the algorithm from the shipping marine depot, copy the graphics to the mirror input-output. But unfortunately I am not a programmer.
Ships don't have to worry about signaling. Trains do.
Pepelatz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pepelatz »

2 ships can enter the depot at the same time and exit without a collision because there is no reservation of a track section on the water? But perhaps this is a completely different parameter. We just need to let the train go on one side and get off on the other. Anyway, the reservation of the path will be at the exit. Then I don’t understand what kind of signal is it? A simple sound signal is emitted by the ship in the same way when leaving the depot.

I think I’m guessing what is going on in the marine depot! Marine depot consists of two cells! Upon entering the ship falls into one part and it automatically transfers to another, neighboring part. Therefore, it leaves another part of the depot, another cell. These are 2 sections. Then we just need to make the same depot for a train of two sections! When the train enters it must be moved to another tile, and it will exit the second part of the depot. Then in our game we get a real simulation of a depot for a train with a through passage!

I think I already found who did it! :-)
https://users.tt-forums.net/ameecher/newdepots.html
but not sure if this works in the new version.

bummer :-( - " They will NOT open or allow trains to pass through. "

I do not understand.How did he do that? After all, here is a picture of a train passing through.

it turns out that as soon as the train has completely entered the depot tile, it needs to be automatically transferred to the adjacent depot tile. Then he will leave it and get a through passage.
In this case,, if 2 depot tiles touch each other, a transfer occurs. If there is only one tile, then everything is as usual.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pepelatz wrote: 18 May 2020 03:10 I do not understand.How did he do that?
It's just eyecandy, an illusion to create a realistic-looking scenario and screenshot. It's just a graphical replacement for the default depot graphics.
Pepelatz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pepelatz »

So, is it possible to transfer a train from one tile to another in coordinates? So it would be possible remoove the train from one depot to a neighboring depot. And we get a through passage depot, consisting of two adjacent "back to back". Please "Yes" or "not" ?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Not

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”