AI caught in anachronism

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

AI caught in anachronism

Post by Baldy's Boss »

It's not MY problem (I'm busy tearing a mountain apart piece by piece because of the problems engines have slogging uphill,though it likely won't be done before I can get stronger engines anyway),but:

An AI competitor,in 1889,has somehow managed to build monorail tracks.He's also bought a non-monorail vehicle stuck in a monorail depot.
Why are monorails available to him in 1889?
Why is a monorail depot selling non-monorail vehicles?
Is the problem in program settings or in the AI or vehicle NewGRF?
Attachments
Tendean-LeningdonRailGroup,1stSep1889.sav
What's with poor Speedy?
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AI caught in anachronism

Post by Redirect Left »

This sounds like a critical issue with the AI, if you know which one it is specifically, try to report it in the thread for the AI here. Not sure how this could even arise, either.

I can't be 100% sure, so an ottd dev may (and probably will) tell me how wrong i am though. AI code is well outside my ability.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I'm pretty sure it's Fast Transport,which is apparently long-unmaintained.
But doesn't something in the program have to unlock monorail over 100 years early?
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I tried loading your savegame, but it needs several GRFs that I can't find in BaNaNaS. Several of those GRFs seem to involve monorails, by their name.

As far as I remember, a railtype GRF can introduce a railtype early but as long as there aren't any vehicles designed for the railtype it won't show up in the player's build menu. But maybe there is an issue that lets AIs still build those "available but not really" railtypes.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

There was a similar bug some time ago but it should've been fixed:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=48281&p=1170451
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/comm ... e26f2c1cfe
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

jfs wrote: 01 Mar 2021 10:58 I tried loading your savegame, but it needs several GRFs that I can't find in BaNaNaS. Several of those GRFs seem to involve monorails, by their name.

As far as I remember, a railtype GRF can introduce a railtype early but as long as there aren't any vehicles designed for the railtype it won't show up in the player's build menu. But maybe there is an issue that lets AIs still build those "available but not really" railtypes.
I think the only NewGRF I didn't get through the online-content server was the Jinty (the little starter engine from Original TT from which the Collett Pannier/Kirby Paul is an upgrade).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Baldy's Boss wrote: 01 Mar 2021 22:42
jfs wrote: 01 Mar 2021 10:58 I tried loading your savegame, but it needs several GRFs that I can't find in BaNaNaS. Several of those GRFs seem to involve monorails, by their name.

I think the only NewGRF I didn't get through the online-content server was the Jinty (the little starter engine from Original TT from which the Collett Pannier/Kirby Paul is an upgrade).
The Brianium NewGRFs have been removed, IIRC, due to violations of licenses.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”