How do you install a NewGRF on Android?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Svdb125
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Svdb125 »

well i have a samsung phone and i tried this but when i want to unzip the file and copy it into a OTTD Data Folder but the problem is i don’t know how i do that (copy it into a data Folder) can somebody explain that to me, thank you
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Svdb125 wrote: 22 Jul 2019 05:40 well i have a samsung phone and i tried this but when i want to unzip the file and copy it into a OTTD Data Folder but the problem is i don’t know how i do that (copy it into a data Folder) can somebody explain that to me, thank you
1. The previously quoted post is old information, and probably should have remained buried, so I'm going to split this off into a new topic without that quoted info.

2. The easiest way to add NewGRFs is to use the "Download Content" button from the home screen, it will automatically install. Go back to the home screen, select "NewGRF Settings" to select and configure your NewGRFs.

3. Android is an unofficial port, but I do wish that Pelya (the developer for the port) would be able to find some time to put together a Wiki for these types of questions.

4. If you do need to manually install files, you'll need an Android file manager which supports displaying folder that start with '/.', or you will need to use a desktop computer and copy your files over to your Android device. If it helps to keep things organized for you, OpenTTD supports .tar file archives.

OpenTTD no longer has a "data" folder, files are kept in the "NewGRF" folder. I believe the folder structure for Android is: Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/

Aside from that, the OpenTTD Wiki at http://wiki.openttd.org/ is fairly up-to-date and can help you with the most common questions about the game.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”