OpenGFX+ Trains development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenGFX+ Trains development and translations thread

Post by Trond »

Doublepost becoz of different matter :)

Yes, I do know grf should not be changed in a game, but I did...

I have been using Opengfx trains 0.3.0 untill now, and yesterday I noticed some of the trains were getting strange sizes like the lengt was 5.4 etc. So with 12 wagon long train including the loc, I was actually fitting 12 wagons + the loc. And it all fit in a 6 tile station... Thats one wagon too much...

[EDIT: HERE I CHANGE GRF, AFTER THE TRAINS WERE ALREADY SHOWING WRONG SIZES FOR THE WAGONS]

Now when I loaded the 5065 build today, it warned me about it, a red errormessage with something about the trainlenghts being wrong. I'm azuming this means its already fixed in newest version, but tought I'd mention it...

In the pic I have removed one wagon of one of the trains (#257), and not from the other (#256). The longest one fit in a 6 tile station with version 0.3.0 but is now one wagon too long...

Hope I made sense there...

Other than that, I must say I like the trains in the latest build, the companycolors show up for real, and max zoom is awesome :)

Edit: closeup up 6,5 tiles long train on 6 tiles long stations...
Attachments
Clipboard03.png
Clipboard03.png (364.93 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (86.55 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
Last edited by Trond on 14 Nov 2013 11:28, edited 2 times in total.
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Your current report is useless, as the change of the grf invalidates any warranty you may have.

Try to reproduce your problem in a new game (setup grfs, start new game, cheat yourself some money, and build 1 train to verify).
If that also fails, you can make a report and post about it.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Well, this all happened BEFORE I changed any grf... (warranty? I just want the people working on it to know about it)

Here are 2 pictures of one such train when using 0.3.0 and not changing the grf file

I did however, forget that I use a patchpack, so it might aswell be that doing it. Sorry, just forget it :roll:

EDIT: Nope, tested with 1.3.2, same grfs and happened there also. Got me a LEV 1 and added passengercars to it, and they donht count 0,5 pr. car.

Same happens with a new game with same grfs.

EDIT2: Started a game in 1.3.2 with ONLY the 0.3.0 ogfx trains newgrf and none else, and it happens there aswell...
Attachments
tog1.png
tog1.png (19.68 KiB) Viewed 6980 times
tog2.png
tog2.png (21.32 KiB) Viewed 6980 times

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

Yes, OpenGFX+ Trains changes the wagons incompatibly from 0.3 to current nightly.

See here: https://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/4131
Previously wagons had 7/8 length sometimes, now they are all 8/8.

So, intentional, but incompatible.
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Aha, thanks for that frosch :)

Bertrand Russell

siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Here are the Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified) translations.
Attachments
chinese_traditional.lng
Chinese (Tradtional) 正體中文
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
chinese_simplified.lng
Chinese (Simplified) 简体中文
(6.14 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

siu238X wrote:Here are the Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified) translations.
Thanks. I added the simplified Chinese translation. I've no means to judge what to do with the traditional Chinese translation as it was also already modified by means of the web translator.

Please register at DevZone (if you haven't) and apply as translator for the Chinese translations and use it to improve them :-)
kamnet

Wagon refit at station

Post by kamnet »

So on the wagon refit thread, is there a list available of the wagons, and what they can currently be refit to?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Wagon refit at station

Post by planetmaker »

kamnet wrote:So on the wagon refit thread, is there a list available of the wagons, and what they can currently be refit to?
Yes. The NewGRF ships with a readme which also lists the rolling stock. The refit capability between rail / monorail and maglev for wagons of the same type should not differ.
https://hg.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-trains/ ... .ptxt#L116
Siggie
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenGFX+ Trains development thread

Post by Siggie »

I think I have found a problem when I played openTTD with FIRS and this set using "refit at station". I have a train with bulk-wagons and want to transport iron-ore and scrap metal. Station refit to scrap metal works fine but back to iron-ore just won't work. The readme tells me that this should be possible.

Try out the savegame:
Slundston Transport, 14th May 1970.sav
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Thrillville109
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thrillville109 »

Most of the rail locomotives are one pixel lower than they should be and it's annoying me. Sorry this message is so brief, but I don't know how to give a better description than that. Also the misalignment is only in 8bpp mode.
Attachments
Gondhall Transport, Jan 13th, 1950.png
(49.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'd be making Locomotion Expanded if I didn't despise using WALLY.
SuTolias
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SuTolias »

hi all.

i'm quite confused at the moment - this thread seems to say that opengfx+ trains have 2cc 8bpp as well as 2cc 32bpp sprites, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to activate either of these features. all i seem to get is the regular 1cc 8bpp sprites - i don't have the option to change the second company colour.

i'm quite sure i've installed it correctly as i did so via the ingame content service, and the wagon/cargo replacements work well.

what am i doing wrong?

best regards,
Susan
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

after downloading through the online content, you also have to activate it in the main menu, and stat a new game (can't add it to existing savegames)

although i have no experience with this particular GRF and its features
SuTolias
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SuTolias »

Eddi wrote: 07 Apr 2021 10:15 after downloading through the online content, you also have to activate it in the main menu, and stat a new game (can't add it to existing savegames)

although i have no experience with this particular GRF and its features
hi eddi. i assume by main menu you are referring to the newgrf settings dialog? if so, i did mention that the wagon replacement part of opengfx+ trains works perfectly - so i highly doubt i have forgotten to activate it. in addition, i have never edited the active newgrfs of an existing savegame.

my problem is that i cannot find any parameters to enable the 2cc feature.

- Susan
Thrillville109
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thrillville109 »

In the development builds, how do I switch to 8bpp mode? Is it even there?
I'd be making Locomotion Expanded if I didn't despise using WALLY.

Return to “Graphics Development”