London Bombings

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

do you think these are terrorist attacks?

yes
88%
no
13%

Total votes: 48

ajy170
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ajy170 »

This is a horrid tragedy no doubt coordinated to take advantage of the G8 meeting currently taking place in the UK. These are gutless cowards attacking the lives of innocent civilians, and while this has not affected my opinions on Iraq, I do deeply feel for the families of those killed and injured. This is truly a barbaric and shocking display of how low some people are willing to sink in the name of whatever, I hope that these people are found and brought to justice swiftly.

Can I also please get some confirmation on how many bombs went off, as here in Australia we have been told, via the news networks on Foxtell, that there was 3 placed in the Tube, and 1 on a bus, however I read a few pages back that there was also one placed in a bin?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

I was wandering for a few minutes if i should post this.
So .. someone said that we should keep the comments for the politicians to ourselfs. But i wont. Did someone ask himself the question why are these things happaning? Everything has a reason. No one (even the fanatics/terrorists from Al-Qaeda-if they are responsible, because that's not yet proven) will place bombs somewhere whithout reason. You've seen Blair on TV ... do you think he didn't look awfull and shoked? I would .... if i thougth (even for a second) that I could be responsible for so many peoples' death.
Enough with this.

And another question ... every minute, hour, day people die from unnatural death. You know the reason for LIVE8 concerts, rigth?
Why there is no everyday coverage from those countries where people die from hunger and diseases? Why there is no topic for that in this forum?(not for the concert, for the people who die)
But still they are people,right? And they die.
Not to mention the people(civil) who were(and still are being) killed in the "war" by USA and British forces (my country's forces are also there and there some dead already). Thery are much more than the ppl killed in 11/03 and yesteday in London.
No one said that a war between countries should be only in one country. Just think of the bombings as a way of the war. Yesterday, on TV I noticed that some people(from the administration of London) who were giving interviews said that the people of London were (kind of) prepared for such thing. I wonder why?

I wrote this post because I have a lot of friends who are muslims. And this is the way they think. They dont even care about 30 or 50 people died because they know about worse things. And I agree with them to some extend.

Please, just read this post and don't respond (if you do .. I will not). I dont want to start a meaningless discussion with this. Just something for you to think about.

my condolences to the families of the victims.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Okay so, because somewhere else MORE people are dying, it is justified to blow up people? That makes no sense at all :roll:
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
RPharazon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by RPharazon »

Let me pull out a quote from my bag:

"They're bombing for peace, next thing you know, they're screwing to get their virginity back".
Imagination! Here, you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos.
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

it is said 50 dead here in aus. and 700 injured... but i think if it was the same group of bombers, they would of suicided, and used more explosive. more careful planning. just think about it.. in usa, kill thousands and thousands of people... in london kill 50. and thy say they believe in dying for you country. with this they're just killing people...
MEMBER 6772
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I know good what is it when innocent people are dying... My country was bombed 78 days because MAD dictator couple were here and terorized everybody in this country... Many civil people were killed in collaterAl dammage... It's bad as this what happened in NY, Madrid, London, everywhere in the world... I'm very sad about killing innocent people anywhere in the world... It's ANIMAL doing... If you don't agree with somebody's politics, it's not a reason to kill innocent people... PEOPLE ARE NOT POLITICIANS!!! :cry:
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

I hope most (Visible) traces are gone in Serbia, but it leaves a scar in the minds of the people, same goes for the victims of terrorism attacks... :(
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Unfortunately, not all. When you're drive thru Kneza Milosa street (one of main Belgrade streets) you can see horrible ruins. :( But worse thing is invisible: I live in Pancevo, city which was most ruined (it had big chemical industry, and it's allmost completely ruined, and you can imagine what it means) But worse thing is psychical, you don't know what people are less lucky: killed (they died) or survived (they saw somebody dying) :( Horrible, horrible thing! My deep condolences to the families of the victims!
GoneWacko wrote:Okay so, because somewhere else MORE people are dying, it is justified to blow up people? That makes no sense at all :roll:
You're absolutely right! These terorist attacks are results of SICK mind!
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
DJC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJC »

There were 4 bombs, 3 underground and 1 on the bus. 49 people have been cormfirmed dead, 13 of them on the bus. The death toll will go up as they are still trying to remove bodies from one of the tube trains.
Things I've made for Locomotion:
Scenarios: East Anglia | Trans Oceanic | Scotland | Narrow Gauge Nuts
Locomotives: (REL) BR 0-6-0 J94 | (REL) UK Steam Pack

My Flickr
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

DJC wrote:There were 4 bombs, 3 underground and 1 on the bus. 49 people have been cormfirmed dead, 13 of them on the bus. The death toll will go up as they are still trying to remove bodies from one of the tube trains.
Are there photos of damaged trains in the underground?
Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

CeleronXL wrote:Let me pull out a quote from my bag:

"They're bombing for peace, next thing you know, they're screwing to get their virginity back".
Can I borrow said bag?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

George wrote:
DJC wrote:There were 4 bombs, 3 underground and 1 on the bus. 49 people have been cormfirmed dead, 13 of them on the bus. The death toll will go up as they are still trying to remove bodies from one of the tube trains.
Are there photos of damaged trains in the underground?
i havnt seen any; its really crampt hot and smokey conditions in the tunnels, thats why they are taking so long over getting the bodies out and investigating the scene.

Also it is important for many to remember that the bombings were not suported by the vast majority of muslims in the UK and the world; at least one muslim building in london was vandalised shortly after the bombings which should not have happened.
There is no ?
NufCed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NufCed »

there was some video footage of one of the tube trains this mornin on aussie telle.... (didnt actually look that damaged...)
** If it wasn't For Bad Luck, I'd Have No Luck At All **
Ovaltrack Marketing http://www.ovaltrack.net Promoting Australian Speedway To The World.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

NufCed wrote:there was some video footage of one of the tube trains this mornin on aussie telle.... (didnt actually look that damaged...)
I know what you mean - I think it was lucky that it was so small, and in such an open part of the tunnel. I saw pictures in the morning papers. However, I can imagine most of the train-damage would have been done in the more narrow tunnels?

I would imagine the whole lines including that section of track would be closed down, even the really open tunnel, as they would not want trains to cross a crime-scene. Must really be cripping the public transport network :|.

Also, on a side note, my mates mostly catch the train to work, and they all noticed the trains being empty-as on the Friday after we got news of it. That means the terrorists win... :|. We can't be scared!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Raichase wrote:Also, on a side note, my mates mostly catch the train to work, and they all noticed the trains being empty-as on the Friday after we got news of it. That means the terrorists win... :|. We can't be scared!
Many people were stranded in london the day before and either decided to take the day off or were given it by their employers (many financial businesses gave their employees the oppertunity to work from home on friday if they desired.

Was on a train yesterday and it seemed to be business as usual (although the train station i wanted to goto was evacuated due to a security fear just as we reached the station...
Raichase wrote:I know what you mean - I think it was lucky that it was so small, and in such an open part of the tunnel. I saw pictures in the morning papers. However, I can imagine most of the train-damage would have been done in the more narrow tunnels?
The tunnels that one of the trains was in (cant remember which) had a clearing of 6 inches around the train between the carriage and the tunnel (6 inches!!). the tunnels themselves are only 11 feet wide. the conditions get up to 60 degrees celcius (140 farenheit!) so recovery and forensic teams can only work in the tunnels for 20 minutes. apparently the smell is the worst any of them have smelt (bodiues 4 days old in poorly ventilated very hot conditions. Oh and theres the rats and asbestos too.
There is no ?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

jules wrote:Many people were stranded in london the day before and either decided to take the day off or were given it by their employers (many financial businesses gave their employees the oppertunity to work from home on friday if they desired.

Was on a train yesterday and it seemed to be business as usual (although the train station i wanted to goto was evacuated due to a security fear just as we reached the station...

The tunnels that one of the trains was in (cant remember which) had a clearing of 6 inches around the train between the carriage and the tunnel (6 inches!!). the tunnels themselves are only 11 feet wide. the conditions get up to 60 degrees celcius (140 farenheit!) so recovery and forensic teams can only work in the tunnels for 20 minutes. apparently the smell is the worst any of them have smelt (bodiues 4 days old in poorly ventilated very hot conditions. Oh and theres the rats and asbestos too.
Yes, I have read in the paper about the security threats. Thank God it has only been threats, much better than it being the real thing :|.

About the tunnels. Thats interesting, I never knew how small the tunnels were. It's bad that they can't work in them too long, and it's sad for the victims that they can't be laid to rest. I didn't realise there was an Asbestos problem in the Underground though :|.
ImageImage
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

yea the tunnels arnt really designed to be crawled through; they are perfectly safe and ventilated and stuff when the trains run normally. half the problem is that forensics have reduced the ventilation to a minimum so not to disturb any evidance dust, and the cutting machines cause A LOT of heat too (they have to cut through the train to get through it.). also its hot in london so any air comming into the tunnels is already warm...

a place im really glad im not working
There is no ?
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

Sounds so nasty down there, it hadn't really occured to me about the bodies rotting and stuff...I wonder if it will be possible to identify all of them. Let's just hope for the sakes of those working down there they have all their evidence and rescues completed soon.

Hopefully this will be a lesson, should the underground be extended to reach some of the Olympic venues, that they will use only the 2 track versions of the tunnels.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

lynsey wrote:Sounds so nasty down there, it hadn't really occured to me about the bodies rotting and stuff...I wonder if it will be possible to identify all of them.
Dental Records will be used in most cases, they are the best way to identify people. It's so sad though, that these people cannot RIP yet :(.
ImageImage
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

CeleronXL wrote:What's really weird about this:

USA - 9/11/2001
Spain - 11/3/2004
UK - 7/7/2005

Now, this was defenetly a terrorist attack, and it was planned to an extent.

2+0+0+5 = 7. 7/7/7.

Freaky, man.

My prayers go to those Londoners that were affected by the attack.
i've looked at this for a while and i don't really understand it :S

Return to “Off-Topic”