Norwegian language for TTD [2.5.1 Finished]

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Or you can ask ThorRune if he could include it in our website :wink:
The best thing is to have all that has to do with Norway on one site, don't you think?
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

Yes good idea , try to get all in one place The Person :wink: (But really , u tought of it first , :lol: )
Formerly known as "Translator".
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

Well, that idea of asking Csaba to put it up on the TTDT site was also a good idea. Why not put it up on both? That way all translations are on one site, and it's easy for those who go to the NTS site to find it.

Edit: It has a few grammar errors, mostly related to the translation of "passenger service" and the the messages telling you about new things. The last problem is because English uses only "new" for new things, where Norwegian uses both "ny" and "nytt". That means that sometimes you get "ny" where there actually should've been "nytt".

The "passasjerer service" error is also hard to fix, as the message system uses a string which is in plural somewhere else, so it's hard to fix. But I haven't really looked into the matter, so maybe it's fixable.
Last edited by The Person on 29 Apr 2005 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

yes off course we can that to , The Person/fire 87 can u take care of it on the Norwegian trainset homepage , and ill talk to Csaba.
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

I already did, ThorRune has told me that he will try to link it up on our site :wink:
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

In case you haven't noticed, I've edited my last post. You should read it, as it contains some information you should know.
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

well dudes , read my last post now , i really want to keep on this project and make a good website + translating the new TTDPatch in game txt's :wink:

I have a 200 MB host , wich I could use , anyone know any good program for making TTD websites? :D

BTW , u can find the final realese in the first post , and i have edited the text a little bit too.
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

Nice to see that the project is still going! I have been playing a lot with the translated file and found some more "bugs" to squish.

But there are some bugs that are impossible to fix because of differences between Norwegian and English grammar and how sentences are built.
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

Yea , I have corrected some words too in the past , some weren't translated either (2-3 words) . There is still some words who needs to be translated . Anyway , I saw the word "Buskap" i have never heard off that in norwegian , isnt Livestocks the same as "Kyr" on norwegian?
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

"Kyr" is "cows". "Buskap" can be all kinds of animals you can find on a farm. If I'm not mistaken, that's also what "Livestock" means.

That said, it seems that I am better in English than you. (I'm just stating my view, no offense meant, your English has improved a lot over the months this project has been dormant.)
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

yea , or maby that im not good at old classic norwegian :P "Kyr" is what the farmers mostly use :)
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

Yeah, but they don't say "kyr" to all animals on a farm, do they? There are "griser" (pigs), "sauer" (sheep), and other stuff as well. All of these animals go under the description of "buskap". I'm sure that if CS had wanted farms to produce "kyr", he would have called "cows", and not "livestock".

But of course the icons for livestock looks more like cows than anything else, so from that perspective, "kyr" would be the better choice.
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

okey :wink: Anyway , started translating on the ttd patch in-game texts. Im 60% done and i have corrected some words in the normal ttd translation too. I wonder if anybody would like to translate the last 40% off the ttdpatch in-game texts ? Ill add the newest translations here , if u want to translate them please post it here so that we know , thanks :)
Attachments
NorwegianLanguage.zip
With ttdpatch in game texts
(294.25 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

So this topic ain't dead yet? :shock:
Anyways.. I don't really have the time to translate the remaining strings, so you can count me out.. But I will play with the norwegian translation once it's finished :)
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

Thats okey fire87 , know u have had some hard time with ur internett :wink:
The Person
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Person »

Translator wrote:okey :wink: Anyway , started translating on the ttd patch in-game texts. Im 60% done and i have corrected some words in the normal ttd translation too. I wonder if anybody would like to translate the last 40% off the ttdpatch in-game texts ? Ill add the newest translations here , if u want to translate them please post it here so that we know , thanks :)
What's the point of that? I already did those. I'm sure you can find them somewhere in this thread. But feel free to update the file, as I haven't kept it up to date.

The file for the TTDP ingame texts is not a separate download; it's embedded in the main download. But I could update it and put it up as a stand-alone download.
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

I didnt know u did translate them. Anyway TTD Patch Alpha 67 hasnt all the strings yet translated , so The Person if u could update it , would it be great :D
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Heh.. Would be much work to get updated on the Patch-strings, seeing as you need to update the translation file almost every time there is a new alpha coming up :)

And a little note: My internet is still not up :lol: Seems that the world will be doomed before I get back my beloved internet
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
DonChris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DonChris »

yea , but it doesnt come very many new words for each alpha , so I think it would be smart to translate every 5th alpha , like alpha 65 & alpha 70 & 75 and so on.
Arne
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arne »

Hvordan går det med oversettelsen nå da?

Translated to English: How is the work with the translation going?

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”