[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

SAS wrote:Sure, I don't mind handing out these, but I need to seek permission first. However, since it's not possible to use additional trains along with the DBXL-set, I simply replaced one of the included trains with Purno's NS Buffer. It's therefor not a separate grf-file.
SAS.

It IS possible to run sperate trains with the DB and DB XL sets.

I have a list of all the free IDs.

Just look at the EMU 680 That runs FINE with the DB set.
(link in my sig.)
SAS wrote:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:45 pm Post subject:
Raven wrote:
well, look for the action 00 refering to trains refering to the id of the transrapid, then look for the number that changes speed followed by the word vvalue that has speed on it, then calculate 70 into little endian, and voila!

Hmmm...

The only fields above the regular sprites in the NFO-file are;

1987 * 1 00
1988 * 9 02 00 64 01 01 00 00 00 00
1989 * 9 02 00 65 01 01 00 00 00 00
1990 * 4 01 00 02 08

Am I right if I assume that I need to change field 1988 and/or 1989? the 02 as the first data, does that refer to Maglev? If so, are the two following "00" the Action00?
1988/9 are Action2 (Gives Action2 ID (64/65)) which is used by Action3 for Graphics

Action0 looks empty. :shock:

Maglev would be in Action0
an example would be

Code: Select all

00 00 01 01 53 05 02 
SAS wrote:I'm still trying to learn all this at the same time as I draw/improve new sprites Razz
Thats why most artist don't code and get us to do it. ;)

Need any help, don't be affarad to ask. ;)

[edit]

Just read your new post. :(

Looks nice, keep the good work up.

Like rail system. :D
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Odd, I was under the impression that you couldn't add sep. trains to a set like the DBXL? Well, you're right, it is possible :D Just found that out using the EMU680 :D Thanks!

With that list of available ID's in mind, would it be possible to make a new .grf for, let's say, trams - using the monorail? Not sure how many ID's are available, but to have at least 2 trams along with the current transrapid, (which would make 3), would be cool! That is, for those who can allow themselves to sacrifice the monorail in favor of the tram :D

Anyway, I'm learning more about the coding though. Some things are a bit complicated, but only a few days ago I knew absolutely nothing at all, so everything is a progress! BTW, the maglev code you just wrote, what would that say?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

SAC wrote:Odd, I was under the impression that you couldn't add sep. trains to a set like the DBXL? Well, you're right, it is possible :D Just found that out using the EMU680 :D Thanks!
My Lastest and greatest version of the EMU 680.
Purno drew the graphics.
SAS wrote:With that list of available ID's in mind, would it be possible to make a new .grf for, let's say, trams - using the monorail? Not sure how many ID's are available, but to have at least 2 trams along with the current transrapid, (which would make 3), would be cool! That is, for those who can allow themselves to sacrifice the monorail in favor of the tram :D
Yes.

You can use any free IDs and convert them to monorail using to Action0.
SAS wrote:Anyway, I'm learning more about the coding though. Some things are a bit complicated, but only a few days ago I knew absolutely nothing at all, so everything is a progress! BTW, the maglev code you just wrote, what would that say?
Yes I've noticed you have been trying to learn .nfo code.

N * 7   00 00 01 01 53 05 02

N - Sptrite number
7 - Number of 'bytes'
00 - Action0
00 - Rail
01 - 1 Feature to change
01 - 1 Vehicle to apply to
53 - Vehicle ID (Rocketter Toyland)
05 - Type (Rail/monorail/maglev)
02 - Maglev
(Just an example because you asked about it.)

Just a very simple Action0

You are in good company, I only started learning about a week or 2 ago, and now I can code quite a lot.

Thanks to Patchman help for more complex Actions.
i.e. Action2 Veriation.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks again Lakie! :D

May I ask another thing; Which ID's for trains are still available?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'll go find the list...

Just been moving half a drives worth...
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

The List of free Vehicles with the DB and DB XL sets.

59 Coal Truck
60 Oil Tanker
61 Livestock Van
63 Grain Hopper
64 Wood Truck
65 Iron Ore Hopper
66 Steel Truck
68 Food Van
69 Paper Truck
70 Copper Ore Hopper
71 Water Tanker
72 Fruit Truck
73 Rubber Truck
74 Sugar Truck
75 Candyfloss Hopper
76 Toffee Hopper
77 Bubble Van
78 Cola Tanker
79 Sweet Van
80 Toy Van
81 Battery Truck
82 Fizzy Drink Truck
83 Plastic Truck
91 Coal Truck
92 Oil Tanker
93 Livestock Van
95 Grain Hopper
96 Wood Truck
97 Iron Ore Hopper
98 Steel Truck
100 Food Van
101 Paper Truck
102 Copper Ore Hopper
103 Water Tanker
104 Fruit Truck
105 Rubber Truck
106 Sugar Truck
107 Candyfloss Hopper
108 Toffee Hopper
109 Bubble Van
110 Cola Tanker
111 Sweet Van
112 Toy Van
113 Battery Truck
114 Fizzy Drink Truck
115 Plastic Truck
45 free IDs. :twisted:

Convert the number to hex for the Vehicle ID.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

That many???

Again, I was under the impression that it only were a few left to use. If I remember correctly I believe I read somewhere in George's thread about the ability to add just a few buses, (I think he mentioned 6), and a single truck - or was it two?!

I know that your list says 45 but does that also mean I can use another 45 vehicles/wagons in the temperate climate - or are there some restrictions I should know about?

Apart from that, have I understood everything correct if I then say that I can convert these 45 ID's to be whatever I want; a train, a maglev engine, a monorail engine, a bus, a truck...and so on?

Sorry about all these questions, but getting hold of someone who are not only willing to share knowledge - but also in an understandable way seems to be rare within this community! :evil:

BTW, people out there;

I wouldn't mind some inputs as far as this tramway concerns. It takes quite some time to draw all these - even if lots of it can be done in an convenient way, but with all the testing and stuff it's rather time consuming.

I was basically thinking of the tram rails? Is grass a good solution or should I change/add something else? How about the bridge. Should I make the transission better?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

very nice screenshot SAC, nice trams, great work
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:very nice screenshot SAC, nice trams, great work
Thank Purno - he draw the tram in the first place. I merly made some adjustments to get the doors on it to appear to my taste - and experience :P

However, gotten so far I'm going to draw a tram myself. :D
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

SAS wrote:That many???
There are 45 free train IDs.
SAS wrote:Again, I was under the impression that it only were a few left to use. If I remember correctly I believe I read somewhere in George's thread about the ability to add just a few buses, (I think he mentioned 6), and a single truck - or was it two?!
Geogre uses Road Vehicle IDs.
(read next part for why.)
SAS wrote: Apart from that, have I understood everything correct if I then say that I can convert these 45 ID's to be whatever I want; a train, a maglev engine, a monorail engine, a bus, a truck...and so on?
no.

You can have 45 other trains (on rail, monorail or maglev)

This is hardcoded (as far as know)
SAS wrote:Sorry about all these questions, but getting hold of someone who are not only willing to share knowledge - but also in an understandable way seems to be rare within this community! Evil or Very Mad
No Problem.

Nice to help people.
SAS wrote:BTW, people out there;

I wouldn't mind some inputs as far as this tramway concerns. It takes quite some time to draw all these - even if lots of it can be done in an convenient way, but with all the testing and stuff it's rather time consuming.
Time consuming...

You tried alignment and fixing bugs in Actions....
And generally coding...
Thats about a days work for one train.

but yes drawing can be time consuming
SAS wrote:I was basically thinking of the tram rails? Is grass a good solution or should I change/add something else? How about the bridge. Should I make the transission better?
I like the grass.
not sure about the bridges.

[edit]

no more questions?

:cry:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks Lakie! I understand now! :D

Oh, and I'm sure that coding part is time consuming, but I still want to learn it. I'd hate to be dependent on someone who can code before I can get any graphics in the game. I'd like to be able to draw and code everything on my own :D

But until then I'll have to rely on other coders :P
no more questions?
:D :P You'd be amazed to find out :D You know what, this may be about asking too much, but if you should write a code for a tram, (i.e. transrapid as an example - or some other ID), what would it look like? It would be a simple code as far as I can tell, since there aren't any specific issues to consider other than passenger amount, speed, introduction year Only the psuedo sprite that is - not the other ones! Could you explain each value as you did in that other example - which was very good btw :D

Just as an example for me to study and learn from - if you have time and interest of course! :D Otherwise, leave it! :P
Last edited by SAC on 25 Jul 2004 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Still relies on coders like me.

muahahahah......... :twisted:

:shock:

If you want to contact me when I'm not browsing these forums ( :shock: ) to code a graphic for you. ;)

Use MSN or PM.

[edit]

Please note it is 11:25 here.

and don't use ID ~ 115 ~ as my EMU 680 uses that.

~ Lakie
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, add an hour and you got my time - Sweden :P

Anyway, replied before I saw your new reply! Whatever you decide, leave it for tomorrow! :D

Again, thanks for helping me! It's deeply appreciated!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

That light-rails idea is really cool! Note that you'd have to also release the track graphics to go along with it. The only trouble is that any game using that can't also use any AIs, because the AI will always use the "highest" level of track available to it, and the third slot which is the maglev and which would be the light-rail in your version, is the highest. But that's OK with me, I don't play with the AI anymore anyway.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

krtaylor wrote:That light-rails idea is really cool! Note that you'd have to also release the track graphics to go along with it. The only trouble is that any game using that can't also use any AIs, because the AI will always use the "highest" level of track available to it, and the third slot which is the maglev and which would be the light-rail in your version, is the highest. But that's OK with me, I don't play with the AI anymore anyway.
I don't understand! Why wouldn't it be possible to use the AI? It's not that I've changed anything other than redrawn the monorail into ordinary rail instead - and replaced the Transrapid with a tram! The concept - which AI uses - is still the same. The only thing I can imagine is that the AI would want to place wagons between the engine and the rear end. However, that's not an issue since a tram could use any of the available ID's, converted into a Maglev, thus leaving the Transrapid as is - for the benefit of the AI!

Or am I wrong?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

My understanding of it is.

Rail
Electric Rail
Monorail/maglev

It uses the lowest one it can.

So if you replace monorail/maglev AI will always build that thinking it's the best type.

Dumb AI :evil:

~ Lakie
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, I usually replace an AI's monorail with an ordinary railway - if it has built one. :P
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Not completely satisfied with the lightrail bridge, I decided to draw a new one instead. It replaces the Girder Steel bridge and as such it also appears when using road or rail bridges - as seen in the image.

I've made some changes to the "onramp" parts by adding some grass to get a better transission between the "onramp" and the ground. I might continue doing some changes to them though :D
Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
TT Junkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TT Junkie »

I really like ur lightrail system! (<--this was my comment ;))
Sorry if u can't understand my english
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

TT Junkie wrote:I really like ur lightrail system! (<--this was my comment ;))
Thanks! :D

A question to those who might know, (I did a search, but couldn't find an answer);

Are buildings - as far as their tile sizes concerns - hardcoded, or is it possible to change this?

Return to “Graphics Development”