Economics patch?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Economics patch?

Post by DaleStan »

Doclouis wrote:Is it possible to use TTDAlter to change the vehicles' running costs? How? I tried it, but can only change original vehicles ?(
Yes. Probably the way you did it. And that is correct. Respectively. TTDAlter can only change things in the TTD executable. If you want to change data stored in a GRF, you have to change the GRF instead.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

:shock: ok, so how do I change the cahrackters within the grf? never did this before...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

You'd have to decode the GRF with GRFCodec, find the appropriate bits (have fun with that), and reencode it. All the information needed is on the Wiki, but it probably won't be very easy.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Hmm, I think I'll cancel it then. It's just, that trains and road vehicles won't make enough money to have a profitable line. But there's still the money cheat *sigh*

Return to “General TTDPatch”