Huge Airports

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

buckethead
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Huge Airports

Post by buckethead »

Problem..

I followed all the instructions but it still won't work.

Hope this image will help you understand..
Attachments
untitled1.PNG
untitled1.PNG (54.11 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Because of some internal changes in patch, grfs_v1 is compatible with patch_v4(and earlier). Grfs_v2 and grfs_v3 are both compatible with patch_v5 and patch_v6. Just download compatible version of grf.
buckethead
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by buckethead »

I downloaded the compiled stable and followed Supercheese's tips.
pilot7773
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pilot7773 »

Karn wrote:You have to do one more thing: In title screen click on NewGRF Settings, then click on Huge airports OpenGFX, then click on Add. Now it should work.
Karn,i had already done that,it works fine on my new games,but for saved games or saved scenery it crashes.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

When adding a NewGRF from the main menu, it will only apply to new games, not to saved games.
pilot7773
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pilot7773 »

But the new intercontenental 2 airport is working fine
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

would this be compatible with 1.2.0-RC2, along with OpenGFX + Airports?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

no, it's a source code patch
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Alberth wrote:no, it's a source code patch
But why does that make this GRF incompatible?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The GRF does not work without the patch afaik.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

So you're saying i can't apply both to 1.2.0 and OpenGFX + airports
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

lekkimsm2500 wrote:So you're saying i can't apply both to 1.2.0 and OpenGFX + airports
You can use OpenGFX+ Airports ONLY with OpenTTD 1.2.0-RC1 or newer. But these "huge airports" require both, a changed OpenTTD and a different NewGRF.
THE_JUDGE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by THE_JUDGE »

planetmaker wrote:
lekkimsm2500 wrote:So you're saying i can't apply both to 1.2.0 and OpenGFX + airports
You can use OpenGFX+ Airports ONLY with OpenTTD 1.2.0-RC1 or newer. But these "huge airports" require both, a changed OpenTTD and a different NewGRF.
Why not build it straith in, fine tune the grafics a bit and build it in the new OpenTTD.
This way it gets something new and not just only a more bugs free version.
Their are many people out there who likes to play openttd but understand s*** about patching things and wait that it get build in strait away ore a patch comes out thats easy to install without all the coding parts.
I do not speak about exe patches, but like a zip where there are maps with the patch aplyt and justhave to unzip and replace. Simple and easy.
I play a lot of games with mods, and the patches are WAY easy to aply there.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Why not build it straith in, fine tune the grafics a bit and build it in the new OpenTTD.
One reason is that you would need to provide binaries for over many platforms, ranging from Apples, to Windows, to Unix, for several different version of the OSes, for 32bit and 64bit.
A patch author does not have all those machines available, prepared for compiling OpenTTD.

A second reason is that the above binaries are WAY bigger than a source code patch file. This increases the bandwidth very much, which is not freely available.
Note that due to the GPL license, you always have to publish the patch file anyway.

A third reason is that providing binaries slows down development. People have to spend time and effort in making all these executables, time they otherwise can spend improving the patch.

A fourth reason is that this is the "Development" forum. Here, proofs of concept are published rather than slick end-products. In a company such code never leaves the house.
Here, it gets published so others can experiment with the changes, and improve them / give feedback.
If you want to join in bleeding edge development, you are welcome. If you don't know about compiling or about C++, this is probably not a forum for you.

Chillcore is maintaining a patchpack with popular patches, and providing binaries (using our compile farm). That seems like the best alternative.
pcflower
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pcflower »

karn, where i can change circle airports Service Entry ?? i want change 2015 --> 2002 thx ~
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

At line 917 of the patch file.
Bad news is that after changing, you need to apply the patch to a fresh copy of OpenTTD source code, and compile the combination.
Also, you become incompatible with everybody else, including all other users of this patch.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if the patch is done properly, you shouls also be able to write a newgrf overriding the intro date.
pcflower
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pcflower »

but i can't compalible patch file.... can i use grfcodec -d xxxxx.grf and edit xxxx.nfo file to change service entry ? thx !
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

'Write a newgrf' sounds to me like making a new one from scratch. It should be a quite simple .grf file though.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Would the IDs for these new airports be immediately following the vanilla airports -- that is, 9 and 10? If so, I can whip out an extension to my Removing Airport Restrictions NewGRF (see signature).
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “OpenTTD Development”