Dutch Road Furniture Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Road Furniture Development

Post by FooBar »

I don't remember that, but in that case, yes then he did forget the 2 week ban...

Either way I'm not making any other <insert country here> road funiture set. However, everyone is free to use my work according to the GPL license. I'm available for any questions one may have regarding the source.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I don't remember that, but in that case, yes then he did forget the 2 week ban...

Either way I'm not making any other <insert country here> road funiture set. However, everyone is free to use my work according to the GPL license. I'm available for any questions one may have regarding the source.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

FooBar wrote:Either way I'm not making any other <insert country here> road funiture set. However, everyone is free to use my work according to the GPL license. I'm available for any questions one may have regarding the source.
However it should be noted, that once DRF v1 is released, I will start maintaining a UK Road Furniture Set.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Got a small request :mrgreen:

Currenty the GRF includes a small sign which can be placed next to a highway, which is probably one of these;
bord_1.png
bord_1.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 5638 times
bord_2.png
bord_2.png (3.85 KiB) Viewed 5638 times
However, that 'tile' adds an extra piece of asphalt ( "vluchtstrook"? ). Is it possible to add a similar sign without the extra piece of asphalt, so I can place signs on local roads, kinda like this one;
bord_3.png
bord_3.png (3.68 KiB) Viewed 5638 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Yes, that's certainly possible. I added a feature request for it.

Cannot promise when there will be a new version of this; as you know I'm currently busy with a certain train set ;)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:Yes, that's certainly possible. I added a feature request for it.

Cannot promise when there will be a new version of this; as you know I'm currently busy with a certain train set ;)
Yes, terrible I know. Silly train sets interrupting you from your usual important work.

Speaking of train sets... any chance of a typical Dutch railroad crossing, or should that be something for a roadset?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Railroad crossings are part of track sets. So if we're doing a complementary (to the trainset) track set then we can have those. However we can add some level crossing sprites to the trainset for the case no track set is loaded.
Mahoo76
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mahoo76 »

You mean one of those crossings were a pedestrian/cyclist/driver manages to use the wrong lane, and with a meter to spare, makes it to the other side?

Could we also add the traindriver giving the finger to that person? :evil:
Or a heart-rate-meter pop-up? :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:Railroad crossings are part of track sets. So if we're doing a complementary (to the trainset) track set then we can have those. However we can add some level crossing sprites to the trainset for the case no track set is loaded.
Hm, I guess we could do a Dutch Rail Furniture set including Catenary, Signals and the Level Crossings perhaps?

Since it'd be silly to make a Dutch track set just for the level crossings, and placing Dutch level crossings in a Generic or European track set makes no sense either.
Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Purno wrote:I guess we could do a Dutch Rail Furniture set including Catenary, Signals and the Level Crossings perhaps?
That's quite the good idea you have there! I'm all for that. :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:
Purno wrote:I guess we could do a Dutch Rail Furniture set including Catenary, Signals and the Level Crossings perhaps?
That's quite the good idea you have there! I'm all for that. :D
Glad to hear you're enthusiastic, but we won't get anywhere without a coder :wink: *hint*hint*
Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I already assumed that "we" included myself :P

I made a devzone project for it here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/dutchrailfurniture If you have any stuff that may be relevant that can not be extracted from the existing grfs you can add it there.
Not sure if we need a topic a this point, but feel free to create one already.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A topic would help discussing it and allow the community to provide feedback on a familiar platform, and we wouldn't have to abuse your topic for this any longer. Hang on a sec, I'll do it :)
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

btw, are these already included?
Attachments
bord_6.png
bord_6.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 5535 times
Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Have you seen them in it? ;) So no.

Good suggestion though, added it to the list!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Got a few other ideas, but perhaps I'm going into details too much now, so I'll just post them here for you to review;

Image Image
roadsignordeals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by roadsignordeals »

FooBar wrote:I don't remember that, but in that case, yes then he did forget the 2 week ban...

Calm down, FooBar.

Everybody's suggestions are waiting for you to add.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

roadsignordeals wrote:
FooBar wrote:I don't remember that, but in that case, yes then he did forget the 2 week ban...

Calm down, FooBar.

Everybody's suggestions are waiting for you to add.
Thanks for the topic bump. Just forget to do it next time.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi there!

First I'd like to thank all of you for this grf, it's looks nice and usable for prevent buildings constructed on the side of the road :)

But I'd like to ask of is that object could be detected as standard sideway? Now the endtiles get facing the other way from this :/
this.PNG
this.PNG (39.19 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
And I'd like to make two requests:
A tile which detect 3 (or even 4 for the roundabouts) side for road and draw proper graphics, and a tile which detect the 2 opposite side of it for road and draw 2 simple sideways on one tile (so it would be simply a center third lane but without the barrier and shoud be detected by the single sideway).
andthis.PNG
andthis.PNG (19.65 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
And a larger screenshot of an intersection to give a thank for your work! :)
in.PNG
in.PNG (230.54 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

The first issue is already fixed in the nightlies, you can get that here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchroa ... es/LATEST/

As for your requests: I haven't been working on this set for quite some time, and don't know when I'll continue. So don't hold your breath, but who knows :)

Return to “Graphics Development”