(OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use North American Road Vehicles?

Yes
76%
No
11%
What is NARVS?
13%

Total votes: 45

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OpenTTD) North American Road Vehicle Set (NARVS)

Post by romazoon »

hi there

I spotted a misalignment on the Siemens tram
Expresso do Aripuana, 03_07_2022.png
Expresso do Aripuana, 03_07_2022.png (132.18 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
Also i m not sure, but i think the PCC street car first version(with 60 passenger capacity) have wrong graphics... it s with a trailer.
I believe it s a mistake since the second version is named "PCC street car with trailer" , have a doubled capacity but seems to use the same graphics

and since i m reporting, i also want to say that i like a lot this new version of narvs ! thanks for the time you putted in it !

Edit : i forgot say that this is seen using NARVS 0.1.2
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

This NewGRF is broken: it says it uses grf version 1, which isn't and has never been supported by OpenTTD. Up until OpenTTD 1.1 this fact was silently ignored, but since r22084 this is a fatal error. Since it doesn't work for r22084 or later it has now been disabled on Bananas for client versions later than r22084. Feel free to upload a fixed version that works properly.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Im not the coder of this set anymore so we'll have to wait till oberhumer updates the set.

Though I have to admit the PCC street car does need some work. The first one comes with a trailer which I think is a bug since theres a PCC Street car and a PCC Street car with trailer (which is the one that should have the trailing car)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Yexo wrote:This NewGRF is broken: it says it uses grf version 1
You're talking about "NARVw", which isn't my work and obsolete.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

NARVw can be deleted from Bananas, thats an ooooold version I made back when I started NARVS, made with grfcodec and before the grf version ment much to OpenTTD
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Stuff can't be removed from bananas, to allow downloading the grf for old savegames.
Just set the maximum allowed version to something lower than 1.0.0 and it will appear "deleted".
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Ok, I dunno if people are still watching this thread or even care, but I'm putting together a spread sheet for vehicles that may be included in the set.

I'm including : Busses, Trucks (As well as heavy duty work vans), Street Cars\Trams, and Light Rail Vehicles (LRVs aren't really a road vehicle but I'd like to add some North American LRV's)

Its still a work in progress but I'll try to post it when I get a sizable spread sheet going.

Currently I need specifications for vehicles before 1980's, as the internet doesnt seem to have specs for most stuff before the 80's. I'd also like some LRV specs (Be they Tram-Style LRV's or Dedicated right of way LRVs)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Here's what I have for now in the spread sheet. If theres any errors please do tell (or fix them).

You'll need Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice\LibreOffice to open the xls spread sheet
Attachments
NORTH AMERICAN ROAD VEHICLE SET v1.xls
Spread Sheet v1.00
(10 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

Return to “Graphics Development”