[Patch] Departure boards, 24h clock + binary 25 (r27452)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Patch] Departure boards, 24h clock + binary

Post by Bot_40 »

My only complaint is that it's not very realistic (most of the trains are on time :P)
Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grandmaster »

Bot_40 wrote:My only complaint is that it's not very realistic (most of the trains are on time :P)
That only means that you are a master planner. :bow:
classics_prof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by classics_prof »

Anyone capable of creating a binary for idiots like me to be able to use? :oops:
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

classics_prof wrote:Anyone capable of creating a binary for idiots like me to be able to use? :oops:
I'll make one this evening. :)

Edit: done, see first post of thread.
classics_prof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by classics_prof »

Thank you! :lol:
class 350
Engineer
Engineer

Post by class 350 »

sorry but how do I install this add on ? :oops:
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

class 350 wrote:sorry but how do I install this add on ? :oops:
If you're on Windows, you can just download the win32 binary from the first post of this thread, extract it, go to the folder you extracted it to and run openttd.exe. (You may need to download OpenGFX and put it in the data folder if you don't already have it - you can get it from http://www.openttd.org/en/download-opengfx.)

If you want to compile it yourself, the wiki can help you do this - see http://wiki.openttd.org/Category:Compiling_OpenTTD for help. Once you have the source but before you compile it you'll need to apply the patch - to do this download the diff from the first post of this thread and do e.g.

Code: Select all

patch -p1 < diff_filename
in the source directory.
classics_prof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by classics_prof »

Sorry hthhs but I'm having problems with your latest binary - it's headed rev0000 in the OTTD screen (top left) whereas the previous one had r22733M. Is it just me being an idiot?
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

My guess is that it's due to me having started using git instead of svn. I don't think it should affect gameplay - does it work ok apart from the title bar?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

rev0000
Looks to me like you lost version control though instead of the problem being with Git.

How did you obtain the source code htths?
Did you clone a repository or did you download a zip with the source and extracted that?
If you downloaded a zip and patched that then indeed you have no version control anymore and you will most likely have trouble updating your source to current trunk also.

You should really clone the source and continue from there if you did not.

Code: Select all

git clone http://git.openttd.org/openttd/trunk.git
To get the current source into the current directory and under version control. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

That's the command I used.

Hmm... would me being on a branch cause it to happen? I keep the patch on a separate branch so that I can rebase it easily against updates to trunk, and so that I can have other branches for other patches if I ever make any. Keeping the master branch updated to trunk with git pull works fine.

If it matters, I use Visual Studio C++ Express 2008 to create win32 builds. The title string is displayed correctly when I build and run in Ubuntu.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I can not help you with Visual Studio as I was used to MinGW/MSYS a long time ago. (Ubuntu only since two years)
Being on a branch should not cause this ... instead the revision would have the branch name.

I do have a windows XP HDD but nothing is on there but games that do not run on linux.
I guess I could make the effort if really needed but it is a lot to install for something I will never use.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

I'm not especially concerned about it as long as the binary otherwise functions correctly. I tested it briefly and it seemed to work. Don't go inflicting Visual Studio on your poor machine! :P
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

missing version information will prevent people from playing multiplayer, even if the binaries are "correct" otherwise.

in VS, the version detection is done by "projects/determineversion.vbs", which probably fails somehow in your case. maybe it fails to find a program to execute, or maybe it gets data it cannot process.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

Oh, fun.

I'll cook up a Windows build shortly using the method I used to use.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

that's not going to work properly either, since linux builds will then get a git-version, while the windows build would get an svn-version, so they won't be compatible between each other either.

the proper approach would be to debug, why the version script doesn't work for you.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

Won't it depend on how Linux users get the source before applying the patch, i.e. if they use svn then they'll get a build with an svn revision number and if they use git they'll get a git commit hash?
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

"projects/determineversion.vbs" only works if it can find a git.exe in your PATH. msysgit for example allows you to select if git should be added to the PATH, so I guess you didn't select that option. Or if you use cygwin git, you don't have your cygwin bin dir in the PATH.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

That's good to know, thank you.

I've posted a fixed binary in the first post of the thread made from a subversion checkout.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

I've added the ability to enter timetable start dates as text (in hhmm format) instead of using the date gui when "Show time in minutes rather than days" is enabled. Enable Interface > "Enter timetable start times as text ..." to do this.

Any leading zeroes in the time may be omitted, so e.g. 0120 may be entered as 120, and 0005 may be entered as 5.

The first post in the thread has been updated with the new diff. Enjoy! :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”