Av8 Release Thread - 2.2 25th of February 2013

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Av8 Release Thread - 2.2 25th of February 2013

Post by PikkaBird »

Aviators Aircraft 5th Anniversary Edition (av8 2.0)

Well, time flies when you're having fun, eh?

Five years ago today, I released the first version of what is, I'd like to think, the definitive aircraft set for (Open)TTD(Patch).

Today, the GRF has more than doubled in size from the original release, up to a massive 62 vehicles (plus 12 generational upgrades) for OpenTTD. Features such as variable speeds and running costs make this set as interesting as aircraft can be within the current spec, and I will continue to update it into the future as new features like newgrfairports continue to make the air game more challenging and enjoyable.
2.0 Changelist:

Additions:
  • Added Short S.26 Empire flying boat (OTTD with "seaplane preview" parameter set only).
  • Added Handley Page Type W as optional replacement for the Fokker F.VII.
  • Added Junkers JU 52 as optional replacement for the Lockheed Electra.
  • Added Bristol Freighter as optional replacement for the Lockheed Constellation.
  • Added de Havilland Comet as optional replacement for the Sud SE-210 Caravelle.
  • Added Noorduyn Norseman, Antonov An-2, Yakovlev Yak-40, Ilyushin Il-76, Beech 1900, Pilatus PC-12, Orville Sub-Orbiter and Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane (OpenTTD only).
Bug Fixes:
  • ATR-72 no longer expires (again).
  • Fixed running costs for Embraer ERJ 145.
Statistic Changes:
  • Delayed introduction dates of the Boeing 2100 and J-Tech J-1 Roku by 10 years.
  • Slightly decreased purchase costs for Farman F.60 Goliath, Fokker F.VII, Handley Page H.P.42, Lockheed Electra and de Havilland Dragon Rapide.
  • Reduced passenger capacity of the Fokker F100 to 97.
  • Reduced goods capacity of the Farman Goliath and Fokker F.VII to 10.
  • Reduced freight capacity of the Boeing 747 to .5x the goods capacity, to match other aircraft.
  • New generation for Boeing 747 (747-8 from 2012).
  • Generational stats for the Lockheed Constellation (Super Constellation from 1952, Starliner from 1957).
  • Added 15 years to the model lifespan of the Lockheed Constellation.
  • Added 5 years to the model lifespan of the Handley Page H.P.42 and Farman Goliath.
  • Speeds of Westland Whirlwind, Sikorsky S-61, and Boeing-Vertol 234 reduced from Vno to realistic cruise speed.
  • Purchase and running costs of above helicopters altered slightly to compensate.
  • Boeing-Vertol 234 no longer expires.
  • Decreased purchase and running costs, and capacity, for the Lockheed L-100 Hercules.
  • Re-rendered slightly smaller sprites for the Lockheed L-100.
  • Lockheed L-100 can no longer carry passengers.
  • Added increased cargo decay times for luxury, small, and early aircraft (OpenTTD nightly builds only).
Feature Changes:
  • Special refits (Combi, Airliner, Oversize, Sling, No tip tanks, and Float) can now be any of the four colour refits too.
  • Added a newgrf warning message if planespeed is not 1/1.

Bug reports, suggestions and feedback to the development thread, please. More information about the GRF and the aircraft in it is available from the wiki page.

Download from Bananas, the OpenTTD in-game content.
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Av8 Release Thread - 2.0 20th of October 2011

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Hey, Pikka, nice to see the Norseman airplane. That's the plane that Glenn Miller went down in over the English Channel. Will have to download this GRF and fly one, with the name of "Miller Memorial Special" or something like that!

Love to see the great work on this set. Hard to think of the days of vanilla TTO and TTD where the planes were only useful in the jet age, and even then fairly slow, due to the plane speed thing.
Without Trains America Stops

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Nice, I can't wait to use this, it's the only plane set I use in modern openttd versions. Would be nice if the Boeing 787 Dream Liner could be added eventually. Though you've already done quite a bit updating av8 to 2.0
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Happy Birthday AV8. Great work Pikka.
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Happy Birthday and Congratulations for this wonderful GRF with this great batch of aircraft

________________________________________________________________________________

I tested the GRF, I love, but I have an error message that I can not understand, I try to change the settings but it refuses to go, how to fix this? View image,sorry for the quality
Attachments
Problem.JPG
Problem.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 33285 times

Sorry for the inconsistencies of my messages,but im French
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Save and reload the game after changing the setting.
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Hi,
I just put all the settings, save and restart the game, there is this error message does not come off, you could tell me what setting I have to enable or disable please!
Thank you in advance

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Advanced settings -> Vehicles -> Plane speed factor.
Digitals
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Digitals »

Thank you for your help, it works!

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Nice work! :bow: And as added birthday bonus, you can land your seaplanes on water now.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57133
Attachments
seaplanes01.png
seaplanes01.png (76.19 KiB) Viewed 32902 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
ShOoT13
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Av8 Release Thread - 2.11 22nd of April 2012

Post by ShOoT13 »

Can you give me grf Av8 2.0? I can't find it(Yes, i know about 2.11, but i need 2.0)
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

If a save game requires 2.0, shouldn't it be downloaded automatically from Bananas? (whilst being hidden from being downloaded manually due to a more recent revision being out there) Or am I misunderstanding that functionality?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

SquireJames wrote:If a save game requires 2.0, shouldn't it be downloaded automatically from Bananas? (whilst being hidden from being downloaded manually due to a more recent revision being out there) Or am I misunderstanding that functionality?
Not automatically, OpenTTD doesn't establish any connections, unless express consent is given by the user. But from the load savegame dialogue you can go to "seach for missing newgrfs" and there you'll be presented with the option to download those missing NewGRFs which are available from the online content service.
ShOoT13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ShOoT13 »

I don't have save
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Knew it was something like that planetmaker, thanks for clearing it up for me :)

Question then ShOot13, not that I wouldn't provide the file if I had it or anything, but if it's not for a saved game, why do you need a very specific older version of the file? I believe that both 2.0 and 2.11 are written in NML and as such require newer versions of OTTD to run (and hence why they won't run on patches based on older revisions). Just seems like the difference between 2.0 and 2.11 is so slight as to make no difference.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

SquireJames wrote:if it's not for a saved game, why do you need a very specific older version of the file?
2.0 was the last version without range limits.
seatrump
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Av8 Release Thread - 2.12 29th of December 2012

Post by seatrump »

Hi guys -
Love this patch. I've been playing TTD since it was originally released. I've been playing OTTD since at least 2006 but just recently dabbling with newgrf settings. I love that this has range limits and real aircraft thank you!

But a question - please keep in mind, I'm new to Newgrfs. It seems I can't use them with scenarios? I'd love to use them with a US or Europe scenario but it seems like the graphics settings for downloaded scenarios are preordained? Are there any scenarios that use Av8?

I've figured out how to get it working with a randomly generated game - but it's not the same playing with made up geography. Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks
Ray

Return to “Graphics Releases”