OpenGFX+ Trains

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX+ Trains

Post by planetmaker »

OpenGFX+ Trains 0.2.5

A new version is available from bananas or the DevZone. It brings a small bug fix to the existing version. As I plan to do some internal re-factoring before adding any new major features, I better release this before venturing any depths into not-so-visible changes :-):

Code: Select all

- Fix: Asiastar and TIM were truncated in height in the horizontal view
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I'm going to try this trainset with the OGFX industries grf. A quick check shows all the available cargos have wagons (temperate with copper/water/fruit/food added).
Last edited by 3iff on 24 May 2011 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Works fine with one graphics glitch (so far). I'm using version 0.2.5.

Container goods wagons change colour when the train reverses after loading in a station.
The containers appear on the train as it's loading and might be green, green, red, red. Once the train loads up, it reverses direction to leave the station and suddenly the containers are blue, green, red, pink. If they exited a ro-ro station then this doesn't happen.

It's a bit disconcerting but doesn't otherwise cause any problems.

Oh, and I'm strongly in favour of mixed designs/colours of wagons and tankers if that's something you're looking to do.

Oh, also, carrying fruit in bulk wagons? (just askiing...)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

3iff wrote:Works fine with one graphics glitch (so far). I'm using version 0.2.5.

Container goods wagons change colour when the train reverses after loading in a station.
The containers appear on the train as it's loading and might be green, green, red, red. Once the train loads up, it reverses direction to leave the station and suddenly the containers are blue, green, red, pink. If they exited a ro-ro station then this doesn't happen.

It's a bit disconcerting but doesn't otherwise cause any problems.

Oh, and I'm strongly in favour of mixed designs/colours of wagons and tankers if that's something you're looking to do.

Oh, also, carrying fruit in bulk wagons? (just askiing...)
I'll look into the container issue. Once loaded they should not change, thanks for the report.

Probably a language issue on my side: what exactly do you mean with "mixed designs/ colours of wagons and tankers"?

Wrt fruit it may seem odd - for most types of fruits. It may seem right for vegitales (like potatoes, turnips,...) but possibly also for things havested from fruit plantations: oranges? How are apples transported (if they're supposed to be turned into juice anyway)? Do you count (coco) nuts as fruit? What about cocoa or coffee? With these questions in mind I chose to offer the liberty to use the bulk wagon as fruit (& vegetables) transporter. Players of course may choose to not transport fruits in it and rather use the piece goods or even refrigerator wagon :-)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Fruit in bulk wagons. I was just wondering whether it was an error/bug or a deliberate choice on your part. I'm perfectly happy with that...it just seemed a bit odd at first. I'm all for extended choices.

"mixed designs/ colours of wagons and tankers"
What I'm trying to express...in my own mangled way... Someone recently commented about how bulk wagons change design after some years. I was saying that I really like different wagon designs and prefer to have a number of different colours/livery in a similar way to how the goods containers appear.

I think the canadian train set does that and maybe some of the other sets. I'm not a fan of freight trains looking identical.

If you're not planning to do this sort of thing then it's not a problem.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

3iff wrote:Fruit in bulk wagons. I was just wondering whether it was an error/bug or a deliberate choice on your part. I'm perfectly happy with that...it just seemed a bit odd at first. I'm all for extended choices.
Also note that in the default vehicles, the fruit wagon is a bulk wagon. Since OpenGFX+ Trains extends the default trains, it makes sense to transport fruit in bulk wagons. There is an even stranger bulk cargo in OpenGFX+ Trains (it is carried in a bulk wagon in the TTD graphics, but IIRC not in OpenGFX), but I'll let you find that one :)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

3iff wrote:Fruit in bulk wagons. I was just wondering whether it was an error/bug or a deliberate choice on your part. I'm perfectly happy with that...it just seemed a bit odd at first. I'm all for extended choices.

"mixed designs/ colours of wagons and tankers"
What I'm trying to express...in my own mangled way... Someone recently commented about how bulk wagons change design after some years. I was saying that I really like different wagon designs and prefer to have a number of different colours/livery in a similar way to how the goods containers appear.

I think the canadian train set does that and maybe some of the other sets. I'm not a fan of freight trains looking identical.

If you're not planning to do this sort of thing then it's not a problem.
Ah, right. Yes, IIRC currently only the coal wagon changes its look over time, but not yet any other wagon nor the bulk wagon when refit to another cargo. This is supposed to change, thus that more wagons change their look depending on time (or maybe offer additional looks for refit, not sure yet), but I cannot guarantee when this will be added :-)

Cheers,
pm
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

If it's being considered then I'm delighted. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon...

I have seen water as a cargo for bulk wagons I think, can't remember which set I might have seen it. I suspect I'd have problems trying to run TTD now as I've been on OpenTTD for some years.

Anyway, I'll keep looking for bugs just in case one slips in. Great work.
Romanujan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Romanujan »

I have one feature request (probably very simple to implement): could you implement a new value 'All but Toyland' for the 'Engine climate selection'? The Toyland engines are childish and I think most players do not want them in their games...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Romanujan wrote:I have one feature request (probably very simple to implement): could you implement a new value 'All but Toyland' for the 'Engine climate selection'? The Toyland engines are childish and I think most players do not want them in their games...
The whole concept of 'playing' is childish ;-) - but fun.

check it out
Romanujan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Romanujan »

KittenKoder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KittenKoder »

Really though, just because an engine shows up as available, you don't have to use it. :p
You gotta enjoy the little things. - Zombieland
akasoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by akasoft »

Below is my translation into Russian (russian.lng with BOM, revision 251). File is missing in set.
russian.lng
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Enjoy.
akasoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by akasoft »

Updated Russian translation, r253.
russian.lng
(6.33 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

akasoft wrote:Updated Russian translation, r253.
Thank you. It's applied in r254 and will be included in todays nightly built.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

planetmaker wrote:
Romanujan wrote:I have one feature request (probably very simple to implement): could you implement a new value 'All but Toyland' for the 'Engine climate selection'? The Toyland engines are childish and I think most players do not want them in their games...
The whole concept of 'playing' is childish ;-) - but fun.

check it out
I have a suggestion, that is a bit like this one:
The option to en/disable a certain type of trains (no electric or only Maglev for example). I use the Dutch Train Set, which disables Monorail and Maglev, but I do want to have an occasional Maglev crossing the screen.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Transportman wrote: I have a suggestion, that is a bit like this one:
The option to en/disable a certain type of trains (no electric or only Maglev for example). I use the Dutch Train Set, which disables Monorail and Maglev, but I do want to have an occasional Maglev crossing the screen.
That's a good suggestion. I made a note on it, so that I'll remember to include it :-)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Transportman wrote:I use the Dutch Train Set, which disables Monorail and Maglev,
It does? Sounds odd, though I never tried it myself. I guess it could behave like this because we needed the Vehicle IDs of the original Monorail and Maglev vehicles. Though I guess, that method is quite outdated nowadays.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Purno wrote:
Transportman wrote:I use the Dutch Train Set, which disables Monorail and Maglev,
It does? Sounds odd, though I never tried it myself. I guess it could behave like this because we needed the Vehicle IDs of the original Monorail and Maglev vehicles. Though I guess, that method is quite outdated nowadays.
It does. I have added it to the Dutch Train Set bug tracker (and two other bugs I found).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Please saty on-topic guys. There's a mighty fine Dutch Trainset topic if you like to discuss the maglev matter more.

Return to “Graphics Releases”