Davidx123's Screenshot thread!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Davidx123's Screenshot thread!

Post by davidx123 »

Hello everyone! Looking around at all those nice Screenshot Threads I decided to start my own. Don't expect them to be Fantastic, or mind blowing.

Welcome to Knurd, a fictional American Island of the east coast! this region have been neglected during the first half of 20's century, and no new roads have been built since the end of the 19 century. as of 1946, most cities are disconnected, and no True Transportation is available aside of Some Carriages here and there. one provider of such Carriage transports was Larry m. Blueshift. in 1947,Larry decides it's time to Start making real money,using real transports.

Taking a Loan,Larry bought few Buses,and has set A Small bus Service between his home town Dunden Castle and the near by town of Fort Brawshaw Ridge!
After Few months, Larry got a phone from an oil tycoon, Avery blackspill. Avery told that he has two oil wells in the region, one between Dunded Castle and Fort Brawshar Ridge,and another one, north of Dunded Castle. Avery also had A refinery east of dunded Castle, and he was Transporting the oil,but two trucks going of a dirt road were Failing to supply the money. promising money,he also said that a near by town was in need of petrol,which his Oil refinery could produce, and that Larry could Transport. Taking the offer, Larry built Two lorry loading bays in the two oil fields, and another one near the refinery, and took a loan to get a few more trucks. after arguing, begging,and giving some money to the mayor, a town agreed to let Larry transport Petrol to it.

Thus began the Life of LMB transports.

Dunded Castle and Fort Brawshar Ridge. Nice towns with welcoming people, and a Oil field in between. Rumours About Oil in the Tomatoes have yet to be Confirmed.
Dunded Castle and Fort Brawshar Ridge. Nice towns with welcoming people, and a Oil field in between. Rumours About Oil in the Tomatoes have yet to be Confirmed.
LMB Transports, 23-01-1947.png (184.19 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The Northern oil field. An open green grassy hill, a beach, and oil wells all over the place. Black spots on Sea Rumored to be a sea serpent with diarrhea.
The Northern oil field. An open green grassy hill, a beach, and oil wells all over the place. Black spots on Sea Rumored to be a sea serpent with diarrhea.
LMB Transports, 25-04-1947.png (138.34 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The Refinery!oil is being moved in,petrol is moving out,going into a small town South-east,this is Larry's first,but hopefully not last, venture into the World of Inter City Transports!
The Refinery!oil is being moved in,petrol is moving out,going into a small town South-east,this is Larry's first,but hopefully not last, venture into the World of Inter City Transports!
LMB Transports, 27-01-1947.png (175.9 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

*note:this is my first serious Screenshot Thread. I am more concerned about the Story and the (few)Eye-candy then Realism or Efficiency.
Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle.
____
Visit my screenshot thread

thanks to Supercheese for help with the GIF.cheers.
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Davidx123's Screenshot thread!

Post by Level Crossing »

Nice!

I think that the ill sea serpent needs some medical attention. :lol:
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Thanks! I always liked you screen shots,Level Crossing, they are one of the many screeshot threads that inspired me to do this one.

however,it seems that this company is no longer available. the save game got corrupted, and I can't access it anymore. I'll start a new one soon,however.
Attachments
:D
:D
newFINALlogo.gif (60.48 KiB) Viewed 8827 times
Last edited by davidx123 on 03 Sep 2011 13:11, edited 4 times in total.
____

Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Try an autosave from before it got corrupted.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

davidx123 wrote:however,it seems that this company is no longer available. the save game got corrupted, and I can't access it anymore. I'll start a new one soon,however.
Shame about the corruption of the Save Game, Give what Level Crossing said a try. If you don't have Autosaves on put them one, maybe only each Year. The Shots look Great.
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Auto Save was off for me. I plan a new scenario,that should be just a nice. well,scenario is a big word,it's just a random map I add some eye candy to using the SAV to SCN trick, but it's promising so far.
____

davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

I managed to save the Save! so,LMB transport still lives!

it's 1948, and Larry has been happy so far. Avery is happy with the his oil and greens, Fort brawshar ridge and Dunded castle passengers are happy with the bus service,and Larry sees not a few green from all those services. But one thing bugs him. The money he was making, was merely a trickle of Money. slowly feeling the coffers. that was not enough for Larry.Larry wanted something to give him real money. Money that could be used on more than fixing a broken gearbox. money of which he could become one of the business man he saw on TV, Those who have a luxury car,a nice home, and a company that makes everyone jealous. Luckily for him, Larry was a sociable guy at collage, and soon he remembered a Friend of his, Renee 'Dash' Bowie. Renee's father had a flying school near Wreedingstoke . Remembering how she complained about the school giving no real money, Larry offered her a Deal- Since her father died, She really did not need the fliying school. so why not sell it? Larry said that military had an abandoned air field near Whitden that was for sell.

Whitden Military Air Field. even tough it's not area 51, Conspiracy about alien technology still rise around the base. Goverment officials in responce:"hey,what the... put the camera down,I am trying to read the budget you pesky journalist!"
Whitden Military Air Field. even tough it's not area 51, Conspiracy about alien technology still rise around the base. Goverment officials in responce:"hey,what the... put the camera down,I am trying to read the budget you pesky journalist!"
LMB Transports, 17-03-1948.png (157.93 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
Larry said that the two air field could be used to Connect both towns,and gain profit.

After some Negotiation, Renee Agreed, and sold the family air field to Larry. She also Suggested that instead of hiring of someone, and buying a plane, She would simply use her fathers Lockheed plane to fly between the two air fields. Because it's saved him money, Larry agreed,and seeing how Renee was a professional,he saw not problems with it.
The wreedinstoke Flying school was famous for the the fact that they thought the basic,such as how to Take off,Land,circle the air-field, land,but also awesome thing such as how to parachute, do a loopty-loop, a barrel roll, and how to destroy moving targets using a ww2 Spitfire.
The wreedinstoke Flying school was famous for the the fact that they thought the basic,such as how to Take off,Land,circle the air-field, land,but also awesome thing such as how to parachute, do a loopty-loop, a barrel roll, and how to destroy moving targets using a ww2 Spitfire.
LMB Transports, 10-02-1948#3.png (135.69 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
Wreedingstone and whitden Residents were happy to see the two air field finally being useful for something besides storing Alien Tech\Teaching teenagers how to use Airplanes to cause damage, and were happy to finally have a transport system that did not required traveling in a smelly wagon on dirt roads,Larry was happy for the money, and Renee was happy to fly and scare people using her Sharp dives above the ocean.
____

davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

More Screeshots! What do you think I should Continue doing, Trucks and buses,or start A Rail System?

Larry's Lorry Transport Business has spread to yet another Town. Little Malstone has recently built a new saw mill, and Larry jumped on the opportunity. however, Some People did not like the fact that Little Malstone was using it's own forest for the sawmill, So they refused to allow Larry Expand into the city. An agreement was reached soon, when Larry agreed to plant new trees north-east of the old forest.
The forest and the logging camp. Trucks load wood and drop it in a Sawmill near the town. Rumors are that a ghost of one local that Tied himself to a tree to protest the cutting of the tree, and was put in the wood chiiper hunts this place. it's clearly a lie, as the ghost works at the local hospital as a janitor, and looks suspiciously alive.
The forest and the logging camp. Trucks load wood and drop it in a Sawmill near the town. Rumors are that a ghost of one local that Tied himself to a tree to protest the cutting of the tree, and was put in the wood chiiper hunts this place. it's clearly a lie, as the ghost works at the local hospital as a janitor, and looks suspiciously alive.
LMB Transports, 12-12-1948#1.png (129.46 KiB) Viewed 8936 times
The Sawmill is the main source of income for the Little Malstone Resident. It's surprising considering they are all avid nature lovers. Perhaps that why the Sawmill almost went bankrupt...
The Sawmill is the main source of income for the Little Malstone Resident. It's surprising considering they are all avid nature lovers. Perhaps that why the Sawmill almost went bankrupt...
littlemalstoneWoods.png (133.2 KiB) Viewed 8936 times
In The mean time, The Oil refinery Lorry Loading bays have received new Loading pipes, which make everything look 20% cooler, and also make everyone feel safer...but only feel,obviously,this new pipes are flawed,and the entire place will go BOOM soon enough.
The Dunden Castle Oil Refinery,run by Avery Blackspill! Keeps you warm, Give you and your community working place, and make local wild life much easier to hunt! Cuz' when an animal is all black and sticky, it's easy to hit it!
The Dunden Castle Oil Refinery,run by Avery Blackspill! Keeps you warm, Give you and your community working place, and make local wild life much easier to hunt! Cuz' when an animal is all black and sticky, it's easy to hit it!
DundenCastleRefinery.png (111.08 KiB) Viewed 8936 times
____

Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Nice storyline and pictures!
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Level Crossing wrote:ice storyline and pictures!
thanks. I figured my Pictures are perhaps not the best out there,So I got to make up with something. So I make a short story for each picture.
____

davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

More Screeshots.

Larry was finally satisfied. he had a fleet of trucks transporting Oil,wood,Petrol and goods, an Air line between two large towns, and a buss services in several towns around Dunded Caslte. some people however, were still not satisfied.

The mayor of Dunden Castle and the Mayor of Fort Brawshar were complaining that while the two town were connected with good buss service, they needed a connection to another town. Local business had free working places that would never be Filled, while many had a profession that was not need in Duned Caslte or in Fort Brawshar. Larry tought about the subject, and agreed. there where two town not too far from Dunded Castle, Lewisport and Tunwhort. There was one problem. A bus would take too long to Get from Duned castle to Tunwhort, But the Distance was too short for an air line to be profitable. So Larry,after Consulting his Co-workers, came with a plan for a rail line between the two Towns.
The Fort Brawshaw Ridge Station. it's Smaller than the Tunworth Station,but it has parking space!
The Fort Brawshaw Ridge Station. it's Smaller than the Tunworth Station,but it has parking space!
LMB Transports, 24-12-1948.png (108.22 KiB) Viewed 8881 times
The Tunworth Station building. Larry modeled it after a picture he saw in a Book about trains.
The Tunworth Station building. Larry modeled it after a picture he saw in a Book about trains.
LMB Transports, 27-12-1948.png (116.83 KiB) Viewed 8881 times
after only 2 months of work, two station have been built, and the towns where now Connected...right? no. there was station, a rail, but something was missing... A train. Larry searched for a cheap deal, and found it. An old NS 6300 was standing in a local museum of Railways, and it was in rather good condition. Being Only used for two year, it was as good as new. Larry bought it for a discount price (he gave the museum and family ornament from 1812 for it) and quickly hired some mechanics to fix it and put it on the track. as the line was opened for service,people rejoiced!
O'l Nelly is a 18 years old NS 6300. She saw service in The Netherlands for only 2 years before being sold to an American museum on Knurd Island. There are no rumors, Mysteries or Conspiracies about the train. This fact alone make some people be afraid of the train.
O'l Nelly is a 18 years old NS 6300. She saw service in The Netherlands for only 2 years before being sold to an American museum on Knurd Island. There are no rumors, Mysteries or Conspiracies about the train. This fact alone make some people be afraid of the train.
LMB Transports, 22-12-1948.png (111.47 KiB) Viewed 8881 times
____

Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

VEry good pictures and stories. Just make that signature of yours switch pictures a little bit slower so that you can see something about the pictures. :p
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

I don't think it's fast,but I'll look into it anyway. Thanks anyway!
____

davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Larry's transport company has started getting shape. More Industries and towns ask him to transport their good, and money starts to roll in.

one such site was the Brick Factory near Lenbridge. the factory had a coal mine near by that could use Trucks to transport coal,and suggested that sand from a Dredging site south Duned Castle could be brought using Ships. Larry suggested that instead of using slow ships to deliver the sand, he instead use small ships to carry the sand to a on-shore rail-station,from which the sand would be taken to the Brick Factory by train. Taking yet another loan, Larry built another train, another rail way, another fleet of trucks, and,for the first time, a real fleet.
From this Station the sand goes to the Brick Factory. several ships Take the sand from a local dredging site, and transfer it at the station. Fearing Pirates,Larry gave each ship a ww2 Machinge gun. Last week,the ship Claimed it's first victim:The sea serpent,who have just got cured from his diarrhea. R.I.P sea serpent,????-1949.
From this Station the sand goes to the Brick Factory. several ships Take the sand from a local dredging site, and transfer it at the station. Fearing Pirates,Larry gave each ship a ww2 Machinge gun. Last week,the ship Claimed it's first victim:The sea serpent,who have just got cured from his diarrhea. R.I.P sea serpent,????-1949.
LMB Transports, 13-11-1949.png (62.68 KiB) Viewed 8807 times
That Coal mine is rumored to have been the meeting place of the Zion Elders in the US. The local jewish community dismissed the rumour saying "what coal mine and what Zion Elders? we meet here,at the pub,or sometimes at Shmuel's house,Playing risk!"
That Coal mine is rumored to have been the meeting place of the Zion Elders in the US. The local jewish community dismissed the rumour saying "what coal mine and what Zion Elders? we meet here,at the pub,or sometimes at Shmuel's house,Playing risk!"
LMB Transports, 11-11-1949.png (92.49 KiB) Viewed 8807 times
The Train Approaches The brick Factory,carrying SAND! lot's of sand, and not much of it is getting used. The factory sold the remaining sand to a local film maker,who is making a film about Ancient Egypt.
The Train Approaches The brick Factory,carrying SAND! lot's of sand, and not much of it is getting used. The factory sold the remaining sand to a local film maker,who is making a film about Ancient Egypt.
LMB Transports, 05-11-1949.png (124.78 KiB) Viewed 8807 times
____

JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

davidx123 wrote:Larry's transport company has started getting shape. More Industries and towns ask him to transport their good, and money starts to roll in...
Lovely to see single track lines to service industries and a fantastic story, keep up the good work :bow:
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Excellent! But the signature has slowed down only on one picture. Could you make it so that the pictures are changing every second?
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

davidx123 wrote:Lovely to see single track lines to service industries and a fantastic story, keep up the good work
Thanks. I am more then capable creating huge networks,With double lanes and Junction,but I find them ugly.
Arexander wrote:Excellent! But the signature has slowed down only on one picture. Could you make it so that the pictures are changing every second?
it's seem to be a problem with GIMP,as I asked it to save the Animation as 1200 miliseconds per frame,but it's only did it on one of the frames. As Soon as I figure how to Increase that,I'll change it. for now I'll leave it like that.

Thanks again,everyone!
____

Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

Maybe you only set it to the last picture, but not to all of them? I don't remember seeing the airport picture before suggesting you to change the speed so it might have only affected that picture while the others use the previous speed. I must admit I don't know much about GIMP so I'm just guessing here. :D
davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

it's happened when I tried to apply the Air Port picture. I'd simply make a new animation soon WITH!!!!! the same frames. it's not hard,tbh, I just don't have time. School and that. :rolleyes:
____

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Here is your image with 1200 ms delays all around. The trick in GIMP is going into the Save As... dialogue and checking the "Use delay entered for all frames" box.
Attachments
newFINALlogo.gif
newFINALlogo.gif (60.46 KiB) Viewed 8643 times
GIMP.png
GIMP.png (42.51 KiB) Viewed 8643 times
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “Screenshots”