[REL] Soldier Summit

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] Soldier Summit

Post by Zimmlock »

I started to get a little bored with Locomotion, all scenarios are a little to easy fo me, so i made a verry difficult scenario didnt finished it playing my self, have to cheat money to stay a life, Whaow look who is talking.
This scenario is specialy made for long trains and yards, but your free to play it like you want, this scenario is for those how know how to locomod, if you are a rookie dont even think of playing this.
This scenario is NOT ready to run, you first have to add the content of the "Automod soldier summit.zip" to your Objectdata file, FIRST BACK-UP YOUR OBJDATA FILE. If you allready have the Automod in your file you still need to add and over write. The zip contains a new Automod and its NOT competable with the old Automod, old saved games with old Automod can crash.
Then you need to add trains with Locomod, the scenario has only default trains so you cant even transport, Plastic, Auto's, Autoparts and Scrap, i decided to release this scenario as it is, so you can select your own trains (US) dont forget to select the 4 type of cars mentioned before, you allso need Coal/Ironore, Goods, Chemicals/Oil, Grain, Food, Steel, Passenger and Mail cars

This scenario is inspired by the real Soldier Summit Utah USA, and you have to climbe over the hill to the other side with allmost everything, i have prebuild the trackpath and the land is infested by boundary poles to keep you on that track, it was this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Za57_HF5H8 that gave me inspiration.
I can only say good luck and a lot of patients its a hell scenario for die hards only, i still do not reach 60% preformance, its fun :twisted:
Attachments
map soldier summit.png
map soldier summit.png (404.56 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
land soldier summit 01.png
(1003.22 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
land soldier summit 02.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] Soldier Summit

Post by Zimmlock »

the zip and the scenario.

[EDIT] i have added the CLIMUS data to the zip
Attachments
Soldier Summit.zip
The Scenario
(625.96 KiB) Downloaded 975 times
Automod soldier summit.zip
The zip
(346.35 KiB) Downloaded 863 times
Last edited by Zimmlock on 14 Sep 2010 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I'm going to pre-empt all the "I can't get this to work" questions.

Follow Zimmlock's instructions carefully and if you still have problems provide as much detail/screens etc as you can.
And BACKUP your LoMo files 1st!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Badger wrote:I'm going to pre-empt all the "I can't get this to work" questions.

Follow Zimmlock's instructions carefully and if you still have problems provide as much detail/screens etc as you can.
Thanks Badger that ll help a lot, peeps never read.
2 screenies from my game, doing a thin 51% :oops: still have to cheat money to keep it running.
Attachments
up hill at Helper.png
traffic at Thistle.png
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Zimmlock wrote:
Badger wrote:I'm going to pre-empt all the "I can't get this to work" questions.

Thanks Badger that ll help a lot, peeps never read.
If it doesn't I'll threaten everyone with warnings :lol:
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
str8jakett
Engineer
Engineer

Post by str8jakett »

Very nice. I haven't played in weeks because of boredom, but this might put me back in it for a while. I'd also rather cheat money and keep it realistic than shorten my trains or take other shortcuts just for stats.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Cant get it to work, help me please, i dotn know what to do, it wont start, now i cant start Locomotion.

Nah, didnt play it and wont play it, because my Locomotion is screwed up already :P)

EDIT - For those of you that have no concept of sarcasm, this is it. Stop reporting this post.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth »

I wanted to give it a go, but it seems I'm still missing something that isn't in the zip file, and it seems to be a climate.
Any idea where I can find this?

--- Climates ---
CLIMUS : --- Not installed!!! ---
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

rebirth wrote:I wanted to give it a go, but it seems I'm still missing something that isn't in the zip file, and it seems to be a climate.
Any idea where I can find this?

--- Climates ---
CLIMUS : --- Not installed!!! ---
Nobody is perfect :mrgreen: i have added the CLIMUS to the Automod soldier summit zip file.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth »

hehe, true, but some do get close :wink:
I'll give it a go right away.

by the way, I see you are from belgium to. Nl or Fr?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Zimmlock wrote: The zip contains a new Automod and its NOT competable with the old Automod, old saved games with old Automod can crash.
:
I was already working with you're peninsular Scenario and changed it so I could deliver cars, scrap and autoparts. Today I installed the new parts from this scenario but the old scenario with the old files is still working, there where only graphical changes, but I played with my old scenario all day with the new mods in it and it didn't crash...

All the screens are from the Peninsular Scenario wich I'm working on for several days...So I think old saved games do work with the new files...I didn't have any problems with it so far.

The Soldier Summit scenario looks great by the way, I think I will have lots of fun with it and nice views to watch the trains go by.

Thnxsss Zimmlock !
Attachments
The old scenrio after the download, the old carfactory is still functional.
The old scenrio after the download, the old carfactory is still functional.
Screenshot23.PNG (208.48 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
I renamed the town-names so that's why you probably don't recognize anything...But the scrapyard in Debby Hills just went through a grapical change...
I renamed the town-names so that's why you probably don't recognize anything...But the scrapyard in Debby Hills just went through a grapical change...
Screenshot16.PNG (183.54 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Same with the Autoparts Factory in Erikville...
Same with the Autoparts Factory in Erikville...
Screenshot1.PNG (126.09 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote: I was already working with you're peninsular Scenario and changed it so I could deliver cars, scrap and autoparts. Today I installed the new parts from this scenario but the old scenario with the old files is still working, there where only graphical changes, but I played with my old scenario all day with the new mods in it and it didn't crash...
Thnxsss Zimmlock !
Yes i wrote CAN its are not only the images that has changed allso the layout has been changed, if your saved game has a layout for the Auto and Partsplant that do not match you have a problem, but you were lucky.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
CN_Rail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CN_Rail »

Advice I have for all of you is to download the latest version of the Automod from AMI trains before running this download and upgrading ALL scenarios that have the old Automod to the new Automod, to avoid crashes.
Toren Hynes
"Proudly Canadian"
If you happen to be using Trainz, you can get to me on the Trainz Discussion Forum under the username "TorenHynes"
CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CRATSCH »

this map rules so hard:) I am having great times with it. With a 50mph rolling stock it is very difficult to make some profit so I had to built shorter routes first to generate some money.
Attachments
ss01.PNG
(440.81 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Yeah nice screenie, i started with the grain first to get some money, thats why the farms are there.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello Zimmlock. I have just finished playing Soldier Summit. I would like to say that I enjoyed playing it, it's about the best scenerio I have played. At least it's a sensible layout and a very fine map. I modded it and finished in 31 years. ( not the fastest I know). I also played un-modded with just the default vehicles. It took me 41 years, but I finished them both. I must say that I'm not to keen on the boundary markers, so I laid tracks underground.

Also, I had a problem with the Auto Parts factory in trying to produce scrap metal & auto parts. I read a thread somewhere about delivering Plastic Pellets & steel at the same time. I thought this a little strange as I thought the Auto Parts Factory would store the items as other factorys do. Anyhow I guess that's the way it's set up. (I used c-130's to deliver steel, I found it easier). Also, I should mention that I play all scenerios with breakdowns disabled. They are a damn nuisance, in my opinion they should not be in the game and is very annoying.

Anyhow, as I said an excellent map, keep up the good work and thank you.

(I have enclosed a screenshot)
Attachments
SoldierSummit_1.PNG
SoldierSummit_1.PNG (355.25 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Thank you Greyfox, i am happy you enjoyed playing this scenario, and if you want to play a other zimmlock scenario i can advice you to play The Industry River.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Thanks Zimmlock. Yes I have the Industry River. I started to play it but the saved game has dissapeared. Must have deleted it by accident. I'll start again when I have the time. Looks awesome. Keep it up.
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [REL] The Industry River

Post by Greyfox »

Hello Zimmlock. I have finished The Industry River. Nice map, very difficult, but enjoyable. Keep it up!!
(screen shot enclosed)
Attachments
The Industry River.PNG
The Industry River.PNG (303.51 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by buckethead »

You inspired me, I shall play Openttd with hardcore coal transportation!

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”